Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
triple7allstar
CF Newbie

Why buy the Acura TL - why not just get a fully upped Accord?

Anyone have some real solid reasons why someone should purchase an Acura TL instead of just getting a honda accord exl v6? Aren't they pratically the same car? Is the leather nicer on the Acura? Is the suspension nicer? I thought I saw a larger engine option on the Acura (but not much bigger)

Opinions?
thanks
triple7allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
aeprominant
CF Newbie

The TL's v6's make 258 and 280 respectivly the accord v6 makes 244. I also think the suspension on the TL is nicer.
aeprominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #3
ralfsmith
CF Newbie

Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

abjuration@digitalhardcore.us
ralfsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 06:56 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple7allstar
Anyone have some real solid reasons why someone should purchase an Acura TL instead of just getting a honda accord exl v6? Aren't they pratically the same car? Is the leather nicer on the Acura? Is the suspension nicer? I thought I saw a larger engine option on the Acura (but not much bigger)

Opinions?
thanks

The TL is a completely different car. Lots of reasons to buy one over an Accord. more power, better suspension, better engine, and to a lot of people, vastly better looks. And when spending this chunk of change on a car, how it looks to you is important.

Boring:

Not boring:

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #5
ninjatrainer
CF Newbie

I do really like the second one. There are many unique features.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:58 PM   #6
triple7allstar
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
The TL is a completely different car. Lots of reasons to buy one over an Accord. more power, better suspension, better engine, and to a lot of people, vastly better looks. And when spending this chunk of change on a car, how it looks to you is important.

Boring:

Not boring:

Ok - cool - thanks. I agree that the styling is superior on the acura, but not enough to sway my decision toward one when that was all the difference I could discern - let's face it - 20 extra horse isn't something to get all worked up about. haha

Thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #7
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple7allstar
Ok - cool - thanks. I agree that the styling is superior on the acura, but not enough to sway my decision toward one when that was all the difference I could discern - let's face it - 20 extra horse isn't something to get all worked up about. haha

Thanks
But it's not JUST horsepower. While they both share the same platform, they're completely different. One is strictly a run of the mill family sedan while the other is considered a sports sedan for more reasons than just horsepower. Test drive both for yourself and then decide.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
But it's not JUST horsepower. While they both share the same platform, they're completely different. One is strictly a run of the mill family sedan while the other is considered a sports sedan for more reasons than just horsepower. Test drive both for yourself and then decide.
I did and I didnt fit.... SOB.

The TL also has more amenities on the inside and the stereo looks like something out of a space ship. Overall it is like comparing a Camry to a Lexus or Spam to real meat, the difference is in the detail.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

There are lots of things nicer in the TL than in the Accord. If you can buy the Acura, I don't really know why you would think about the Accord, IMHO. I love the styling of the TL and you can be even more pleased about the fact you have the brand image of a Acura versus a Honda (not that a Honda is bad or something, we have one, too).

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #10
triple7allstar
CF Newbie

I am more playing devil's advocate than anything else here.

Thanks for the replys. I wonder what you can get a TL for on a lease?

I'll have to look into that.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2007, 08:39 PM   #11
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

I own one. I personally love it to shreds. Sure it may not perform as well as a G35 or handle as well as a 3 series. But it is still a damn good car. Arguably best interior; at least better than the 3(cheapass interior for the price) and the corolla like interior of the last gen G. A lot of interior space, unlike the BMW, where you have to be a child to comfortably sit in the back seats. (I'm 6 feet tall, and when i sit in the back of the 3, my knees are pushed against the drivers seatback.) And considering that its a couple thousand cheaper than the G or the 3 series similiarly equipped, you get a great deal.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 PM   #12
JonB91
CF Newbie

does everything here go about the same for the 07 accord coupe and 08 nissan altima coupe... im trying to decide between the two
JonB91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:22 PM   #13
triple7allstar
CF Newbie

I'm pretty sure the altima has more horse power.