Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
Superbee
CF Newbie

1999 Chrysler LHS ABS Problem

ABS and Brake light are both on, they came on last winter LHS book doesn't say anything about the ABS System
Does anyone know how to Ohm check the wheel sensors?
Superbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbee
ABS and Brake light are both on, they came on last winter LHS book doesn't say anything about the ABS System
Does anyone know how to Ohm check the wheel sensors?
If you have a service manual, or even an owners manual, you need to read it. Why are you wasting your time checking wheel speed sensors? That question is rhetorical. Until you isolate and repair the cause of the red brake light being illuminated, the yellow ABS light will remain illuminated. The first thing ABS does is disable itself if there is a problem identified in the hydraulic brake system.

Starting at the beginning always makes it much easier to reach the end.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #3
Superbee
CF Newbie

My Manual has and says nothin about the ABS System BUT take it in for Service, fxxk That, i need a different one the dealer won't sell me one, I don't like the Dealers at all i Hate them with my Heart, i do everything myself
the only way i would even Think about taking it in is if i'm out in the Middle of No where and the car breaks Down and i need it fixed NOW but i would hate my self for doing it i would rather get rid of the car and buy a new one before taken it in i have did it before.

The reason i think it's Possable a sensor is i get no lights until i start to move then both lights come on ABS light first them Brake light
The front brake are at about 75% the rears about 80%
I checked the ABS Pump it pulls about 5 amps so i know it's not bad the only other thing is sensors or the brain.

I was hoping that someone out there had a Manual on the 99 LHS and could help.

I have notice that there are a few people here all they do is Flame other people trying to get Help. ALOT, MUST HAVE NOTHIN BETTER TO DO!!
Superbee is offline   Reply With Quote