Old 05-01-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

What would you do?

Hey guys I just lost my licence

I have two choices,

3 months suspended licences

or

12 months on 1 point, and if i lose that 1 point my licences gets suspended for 6 months.

So, which would you choose?

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:51 AM   #2
Stigmata
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior

I have two choices,

or

12 months on 1 point, and if i lose that 1 point my licences gets suspended for 6 months.

Hey. How did you lose your license?
Stigmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:00 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Not sure how they give points out there, but if you can go without getting any, I'd suggest doing that. If your license is suspended, can you still drive to work/school?

How'd it happen?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 AM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

I'd go for the no suspension because I'd hate to lose my license, even for a little while. If you can go without driving (I know in most/all states you can get permission to go to work and school) that's the way to go. It'll save you $ on insurance and you won't have to worry about losing your license for 6 months.

If it hasn't gone to court yet, get yourself a lawyer and I doubt you'll have to make a choice.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:51 AM   #5
adamc44
CF Freak

haha

go with the 3 months IMO.

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:09 AM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:

I have two choices,

or

I don't know whatall getting a point involves in Australia, but I'd assume from your post that it works something like this. You have the point, and if you mess up, you get your license suspended.

If that's indeed the case, I'd go for the latter option, you can be responsible for a year can't you?

Unless this point would raise insurance and the 3 month suspension wouldn't. Then I'd have to make the decision based on my income and the difference in insurance.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 AM   #7
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Ok basicly it goes,

You have you learner licences for 6 months then you go on your Provisional licence for 3 years, on your "P's" as we aussies call em, you get 4 points, then after the 3 years you go onto your opens, which is a full licence with 12 etc.

Now,

I was on my last year of having my P's, and had all four points.

I just got court speeding this morning.

I was driving down a street near my house and i was behind an unmarked police car ( i didnt realise it at the time ofcoruse), then the cop pulls over to the side of the road. I pass the cop and turn left at the intersection into the area were I live.
Next thing I see the cop behind me following me down the street, so i thought hmm ok, and started to slowly pull away (he was about 150-200 metres behind me).
The all of a sudden I see the red and blue lights and i thought f*ck. knowing the street well because i travel down it everyday and since i was about 1 minute from my house i decided to try and lose him.
As soon as i went around the next bend i nailed it, goin throught the street, just missed a ford turning, then went round another corner that i know well.
After i cleared the corner I looked back and the bloody cop we right on my ass, a 5.7 litre v8 holden, i had no chance, so i decided to give up and pull over.
He got me doin 71km/hr in a 50kh/hr zone, which i'm actully lucky because i was doin 110km/hr at one point and he knew it too buy didnt get it on the radar so he couldnt book me.

So anyways thats what happened, and for doin between 20-30km/hr over the speed limit i lose 4 points, so i lose my licence and have to pay a $250 fine.

Here they give you a choice of suspension for 3 months or 12 months good behaviour allowance i.e 1 point on your licence.

And i've been thinking about it and i need to drive so i'm goin to have to take the 12 month good behaviour allowance.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:23 AM   #8
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Go with the point and don't screw up for a year. Check all lights, do the speed limit, and all that jazz.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:09 AM   #9
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Ok basicly it goes,

You have you learner licences for 6 months then you go on your Provisional licence for 3 years, on your "P's" as we aussies call em, you get 4 points, then after the 3 years you go onto your opens, which is a full licence with 12 etc.

Now,

I was on my last year of having my P's, and had all four points.

I just got court speeding this morning.

I was driving down a street near my house and i was behind an unmarked police car ( i didnt realise it at the time ofcoruse), then the cop pulls over to the side of the road. I pass the cop and turn left at the intersection into the area were I live.
Next thing I see the cop behind me following me down the street, so i thought hmm ok, and started to slowly pull away (he was about 150-200 metres behind me).
The all of a sudden I see the red and blue lights and i thought f*ck. knowing the street well because i travel down it everyday and since i was about 1 minute from my house i decided to try and lose him.
As soon as i went around the next bend i nailed it, goin throught the street, just missed a ford turning, then went round another corner that i know well.
After i cleared the corner I looked back and the bloody cop we right on my ass, a 5.7 litre v8 holden, i had no chance, so i decided to give up and pull over.
He got me doin 71km/hr in a 50kh/hr zone, which i'm actully lucky because i was doin 110km/hr at one point and he knew it too buy didnt get it on the radar so he couldnt book me.

So anyways thats what happened, and for doin between 20-30km/hr over the speed limit i lose 4 points, so i lose my licence and have to pay a $250 fine.

Here they give you a choice of suspension for 3 months or 12 months good behaviour allowance i.e 1 point on your licence.

And i've been thinking about it and i need to drive so i'm goin to have to take the 12 month good behaviour allowance.

You only lost the points for speeding? I'm surprised you aren't in much worse trouble for trying to lose the cop.

And I don't know how it works, but wouldn't the cop have already punched in your license plate number before pursuing you?

Stupid, stupid, stupid, you are one lucky SOB.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:12 AM   #10
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
You only lost the points for speeding? I'm surprised you aren't in much worse trouble for trying to lose the cop.

And I don't know how it works, but wouldn't the cop have already punched in your license plate number before pursuing you?

Stupid, stupid, stupid, you are one lucky SOB.

Nah they just get your speed and then pull you over.

And yes I know i'm lucky aye..

Old 05-01-2007, 06:19 AM   #11
ikojofalcon
CF Newbie

I know exactly what to do

Basically you need a friend in some other state in Australia. You then take the 3 months loss of licence option, then fly to the state where your friend is at and get them to sign a residency declaration saying that you live with them in that state. At this point in time you have a valid licence so it wont be a problem transferring it to another state. Just go to the local licence place and get it swapped over. Then you fly home and drive around on your brand new unblemished licence from another state. If you get a speeding fine from now on you will be able to just pay it and keep driving without losing any points because states generally don't transfer demerits. When your 3 months is up just get your current states licence back with all your points back. Post any questions you have about this because i can answer them all.

great aussie search engine
ikojofalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:19 AM   #12
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

i would take the supervision... i would hate to have my license suspended, even if it was for a little, just drive safely and u will be fine. Bassicly thats what i am doing now... another ticket and my license is bye bye...

Last edited by V-Tec : 05-04-2007 at 04:23 AM.
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote