Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Transit ST

Apparently Ford is going to release a performance model of it's Transit van. It won't be the first time this has been done, as you can see from the following picture...I'm not sure if the van below was ever made in to a road legal model though.

Transit with the V8

Ford also introduced the following model a while ago...



Although the latter was rally orientated, it did still only have a diesel engine under the bonnet, which you could understand if it was intended for road use......but it was an off-road only model from what I recall (Ford never made a road going version), and as such I'd have liked to see V8 under the bonnnet

This new model though, is going to be a road model with the most powerful Diesel engine Ford has got for the Transit, although it'll still be an un-modified example, as it's still intended as a commercial vehicle. I think most of the changes are cosmetic though, and include the ST ranges trademark white stripes that run up and over the bonnet and roof of the van. It'll also have 18" alloy wheels and creature comforts such as Air-Con and a CD multi-changer. Unfortunately I couldn't find any pics online, but it looks amazing for a van. If anybody (True_Brit maybe?) can locate any, please post them!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
The rally edition looks pretty nice for a van, but it's probably just for promotion.
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
The rally edition looks pretty nice for a van, but it's probably just for promotion.
it wasnt a promotion, it was the mechanics crew van when ford used the previous focus in the WRC
but a ST Tranny is a brilliant idea, mercedes will compete with an
AMG Sprinter
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
what about this tranny, powered by the same engine that powers a Jaguar xj220 and has its running gear!!!
http://www.fareham.org/p.shtml?2006/...l/crw_2691.jpg
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
what about this tranny, powered by the same engine that powers a Jaguar xj220 and has its running gear!!!
http://www.fareham.org/p.shtml?2006/...l/crw_2691.jpg
Have you ever seen the button?....tut tut tut

That Transit looks like it's moving some, lol.....Bit of a 'sleeper' van really!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Have you ever seen the button?....tut tut tut

That Transit looks like it's moving some, lol.....Bit of a 'sleeper' van really!
my button didnt work!
internet wasnt at its best last night!!!
Knobhead! but the trans-uar reached 155mph at goodwood at the straight near the end of the hill climb!!!
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 05-08-2007 at 04:17 PM.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
my button didnt work!
internet wasnt at its best last night!!!
Knobhead! but the trans-uar reached 155mph at goodwood at the straight near the end of the hill climb!!!
I'll let you off this time round, lol....

155-mph in a van?....blimey, not sure I'd like to try that, much less in a Transit, lol
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-08-2007 at 04:26 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:18 AM   #8
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'll let you off this time round, lol....

155-mph in a van?....blimey, not sure I'd like to try that, much less in a Transit, lol
see what i did with trans(it) and (jag)uar-....Transuar
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:43 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
see what i did with trans(it) and (jag)uar-....Transuar
Right over my head, lol.....very good though!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 AM   #10
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
i found it,,,Ford Transit Sportvan (SCUD-sport commercial urban delivery is what Ford class it!)

clicky...
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:13 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
i found it,,,Ford Transit Sportvan (SCUD-sport commercial urban delivery is what Ford class it!)

clicky...
Yup that's the one! Lovely lookin' van in my opinion....although I'm not sure if it'll sell well, lol.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:17 PM   #12
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Yup that's the one! Lovely lookin' van in my opinion....although I'm not sure if it'll sell well, lol.
i dont think many builders will be using it,,, i can see window cleaners having them (for some reason or other )
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
i dont think many builders will be using it,,, i can see window cleaners having them (for some reason or other )
I agree about builders not really wanting one, but then they usually use these if they go for a Transit....



I think that the ST well appeal more to people whereby image means more than practicaility, like In Car Entertainment installers for example...Or window cleaners, lol.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
True_Brit
Has a new job!
 
True_Brit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Falmouth, Backward County, UK
Posts: 2,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I agree about builders not really wanting one, but then they usually use these if they go for a Transit....



I think that the ST well appeal more to people whereby image means more than practicaility, like In Car Entertainment installers for example...Or window cleaners, lol.
i agree with car entertainment companies, the reason i say window cleaners because you see them driving VW Transporters with chrome side sills, alloys etc
__________________

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
i agree with car entertainment companies, the reason i say window cleaners because you see them driving VW Transporters with chrome side sills, alloys etc
I see what you're saying....Window cleaning obviously pays well, lol.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.