Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Unban Vwhobo

He deserves to be here as much as anyone. He's provided endless knowledge and insight for years.

If he isn't unbanned I will not be visiting here any longer.

Please consider this request.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #2
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

well surely if enough people say to ban him then he gets banned which means if enough people say unban him he should be unbanned. I agree to unban him and for the crybabies to just shut the hell up.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

In the other thread I believe Satty said he meant to put him on prbation, not ban him, and that he's going to fix that.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
He deserves to be here as much as anyone. He's provided endless knowledge and insight for years.

If he isn't unbanned I will not be visiting here any longer.

Please consider this request.

No ban, no probation, no nothing. It is clear what the majority wants. Will the minority listen?
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #5
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
In the other thread I believe Satty said he meant to put him on prbation, not ban him, and that he's going to fix that.

well why couldn't he have fixed that after or before he read thread and or typed his message, I think he really meant to ban him but is now trying to play it off because of what everyone is saying and he cares for his internet image.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:35 PM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

At first I thought the title was "Urban Vwhobo" lol...Obviously, it didn't make much sense lol.

I agree though, hobo should watch what he says a bit, but should under no circumstances have been banned.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016

Satty said one thing...but did another. He changed his "probation" to a 5 day ban. I'm not sure I'll abide by that. I have yet to hear the non-personal reason. It's true as someone else said...if his reason for banning was from a complaint(s)...then the same holds true for ChrisV...but we all see how personal this decision was in that discrepancy. I don't want ChrisV banned either and would do the same for him, be him the object of Satty's personal vendetta.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:54 AM   #8
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Satty said one thing...but did another. He changed his "probation" to a 5 day ban. I'm not sure I'll abide by that. I have yet to hear the non-personal reason. It's true as someone else said...if his reason for banning was from a complaint(s)...then the same holds true for ChrisV...but we all see how personal this decision was in that discrepancy. I don't want ChrisV banned either and would do the same for him, be him the object of Satty's personal vendetta.

That's a good point. Chrisv is still here (as he should be) and the same accusations were made against him. The only variable? The personal issues between Vwhobo and Satty101.

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 01:48 AM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

This whole forum is so damn dramatic. I believe that putting hobo on probation or on a 5-day ban, however disputed and flamed over, would certainly help cool him down if it's really a problem. In my mind, all older members of this forum get pretty heated in their posts to newbies, obviously some more than others. But that is beside the point here. We must realize that this forum is just that, a forum. We need to calm down and settle. Sure, our flaming nature may turn a lot of people away, but look at all of the long-posting members here--I'll bet that every single one has gotten into a flame war with ChrisV, hobo, or both. That makes it pretty obvious that people still stand up after it, and are better for it. Really, it's a type of hazing.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:02 AM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I don't think it would calm him down...It just shows that he can't be banned permanently because everyone would be outraged and people would start leaving.

I'm still sticking to making vwhobo's avatar a picture of Paris Hilton if you want him to be nicer.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:30 AM   #11
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxie
That's a good point. Chrisv is still here (as he should be) and the same accusations were made against him. The only variable? The personal issues between Vwhobo and Satty101.

Ever take into consideration the amount of complaints? Hrm...that would be an interesting determining factor...don't you think?

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 12:21 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Ever take into consideration the amount of complaints? Hrm...that would be an interesting determining factor...don't you think?
Satty, there really is no point in trying to reason with people. Fair enough, hobo has alot to offer CF, but we all know that as soon as he's back he'll just see that by cutting his ban short we can't touch him. He WILL use that against us at every given opportunity. I for one am getting sick and tired of all the bickering, not from us or the people who can see a forum beyond a vwhobo one, but from all those who are really so naive as to think that a forum without vwhobo is a dead forum. Correct me if i'm wrong here guys, but did he not disapear for months at a time on several occasions? and did CF 'collapse' then? No. It didn't.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-11-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #13
Car hippie
CF Newbie

I will concede that VWhobo is an ass hole and he knows it, but it's a worthy cause to have him around anyways.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 PM   #14
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Satty, there really is no point in trying to reason with people. Fair enough, hobo has alot to offer CF, but we all know that as soon as he's back he'll just see that by cutting his ban short we can't touch him. He WILL use that against us at every given opportunity. I for one am getting sick and tired of all the bickering, not from us or the people who can see a forum beyond a vwhobo one, but from all those who are really so naive as to think that a forum without vwhobo is a dead forum. Correct me if i'm wrong here guys, but did he not disapear for months at a time on several occasions? and did CF 'collapse' then? No. It didn't.

QFT. Although there were a lot of "WTF HAPPENED TO HOBO???!?!?!?!?!?!oneone!?!?!?!?!eleventyone?!?!?! " threads.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:56 AM   #15
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

So what did happen to Hobo anyway...can someone sum it up or link me in the right direction?