Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

pics of my car

Took it on a shoot today, I know they're practically the same pic but I can't decide which angle I like more.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
solarrr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Took it on a shoot today, I know they're practically the same pic but I can't decide which angle I like more.

hey how fast is that thing? low 13's?
solarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Looks good man. Very nice composition in the second one.

What sort of equipment did you use? You post-processed these right? They look pretty good.

I'm just wondering because I'm a photographer myself.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!

i like the pic on the angle! makes it a more exciting pic to look at in my terms

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.

Last edited by True_Brit : 05-20-2007 at 10:51 PM.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Looks good man. Very nice composition in the second one.

What sort of equipment did you use? You post-processed these right? They look pretty good.

I'm just wondering because I'm a photographer myself.

Canon PowerShot S3 IS. No filters, no processing, that's the jpeg straight off the camera. I messed with the aperture and exposure times some untill I finally got it right.

EDIT: And a tripod, of course

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 05-21-2007, 05:03 AM   #6
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Those are some nice shots, and the car looks nice. I tried getting into photography, but I have no skill lol.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:36 AM   #7
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Canon PowerShot S3 IS. No filters, no processing, that's the jpeg straight off the camera. I messed with the aperture and exposure times some untill I finally got it right.

EDIT: And a tripod, of course

I used to use a Canon S1 IS, the two generation predecessor of the S3. Do you like it? I loved it... it was a great point and shoot. I didn't think you'd post-processed it. I'd suggest doing a little bit of level work.

Actually, I just brought it up in PS and you're levels are fine. The colors look a little strange to me but whatever. It may be the white balance, but it's mostly the washout. Did you use Auto or manually do it? I very rarely did manual on my S1... the abilities were terrible.

How long was your exposure? I would suggest the next time to use a little bit of fill flash and shortening the exposure--in my mind taking the exposure time to get the detail in car, washing out the background, makes a great distraction.

Don't get me wrong--great images!

You ever used an SLR?

Old 05-21-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I used to use a Canon S1 IS, the two generation predecessor of the S3. Do you like it? I loved it... it was a great point and shoot. I didn't think you'd post-processed it. I'd suggest doing a little bit of level work.

The S3 is a great camera, I love it. It has an awesome lense, and the manual settings let me do everything I need to. Sometimes I could a longer exposure than 15 seconds or a greater aperture range, but it's generally ok. Plus it does video, which I actually use at times.

Quote:
Actually, I just brought it up in PS and you're levels are fine. The colors look a little strange to me but whatever. It may be the white balance, but it's mostly the washout. Did you use Auto or manually do it? I very rarely did manual on my S1... the abilities were terrible.

Manual, worked fine for me.

Quote:
How long was your exposure? I would suggest the next time to use a little bit of fill flash and shortening the exposure--in my mind taking the exposure time to get the detail in car, washing out the background, makes a great distraction.

Two seconds. I may have used a flash, I don't remember. It was very dark in the garage, but full summer southern sunlight coming from outside. I think my camera's flash would have overdone it.

Quote:
You ever used an SLR?

We have an SLR film camera, but I haven't used that since I got into photography. I may have taken a couple of pictures with friends' SLRs, but nothing extensive.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 05-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
The S3 is a great camera, I love it. It has an awesome lense, and the manual settings let me do everything I need to. Sometimes I could a longer exposure than 15 seconds or a greater aperture range, but it's generally ok. Plus it does video, which I actually use at times.

Ya, the S1's USM IS zoom lens was ballin'. I just got the point where I wanted real manual control.

Quote:
Two seconds. I may have used a flash, I don't remember. It was very dark in the garage, but full summer southern sunlight coming from outside. I think my camera's flash would have overdone it.

I suggested the fill so you could decrease the exposure. The washout is too distracting without it in my opinion.

Quote:
We have an SLR film camera, but I haven't used that since I got into photography. I may have taken a couple of pictures with friends' SLRs, but nothing extensive.

If you really want to learn photography, using a film SLR fully manual is the best way preferably with a 50mm prime so you work more on composition, rather than with a zoom lens. Do you have access to a darkroom? If so, shoot B&W film (preferably Kodak TMAX 100) and print your own stuff. If you don't, get some color C41 film that you can just take down to a CVS and get developed, you'll learn pretty well that way.

I learned on my dad's fully manual (no electronics) Minolta XG-7 with a few primes (mainly the 50mm). Once I got good, I switched to more contemporary Nikon SLRs. I now use two Nikon film SLRs and bought myself a Nikon D50 DSLR last summer and use about 10 lenses (approx. 4 zooms and 6 manual (they're really old... I have to manually expose and stuff... no big) primes).

I checked out your dA last night... good stuff. Ever been to my site?

Old 05-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Didn't know you had one. Message me or something.

As far as the SLR goes, I may mess around with it if I have some time this summer. I haven't been able to devote much time to anything but school for the past...too long. But it's all over now =D

But yeah, no darkroom, and film costs money, while I already have memory cards. Plus we don't have anything nice as far as lense go, I don't think, but I'll see what we still have.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 05-21-2007, 06:16 PM   #11
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Didn't know you had one. Message me or something.

As far as the SLR goes, I may mess around with it if I have some time this summer. I haven't been able to devote much time to anything but school for the past...too long. But it's all over now =D

But yeah, no darkroom, and film costs money, while I already have memory cards. Plus we don't have anything nice as far as lense go, I don't think, but I'll see what we still have.

My site is in my profile under "my webpage" or something. It's a PBase.

I know what you mean about film, that's why I bought a DSLR. Do you know what kind of SLR you have?