Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2007, 03:42 AM   #16
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

I'm not a fan, and I know alot of people are. Black Civic, dark tint, wheels (gunmetal maybe? mmm) and underglow wouldn't look too bad as long as you have some balls in that thing to back it up.

But I'd rather not see underglow neons.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:49 AM   #17
xist2spire
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
and underglow wouldn't look too bad as long as you have some balls in that thing to back it up.

meaning being able to back it up with a street race?
xist2spire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:18 AM   #18
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xist2spire
meaning being able to back it up with a street race?
no, we don't condone that ... but what he's saying is don't have a fancy-pants looking car that has nothing more than a few decals over a stock one
Old 05-16-2007, 02:05 PM   #19
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
mill = run of the mill
90's = 1990's
4 banger-racer= 4 cylinder car, likely with very few actual performance mods, but has three spoilers and an exhaust tip that makes the car back-heavy.

I'll have to recomend a Civic. Hate to do it as theres a million out there, but 0-60 in 7-9 seconds can be done easily, theres a ton of mods to make it go faster, and it will still be quite reliable doing 0-60 in 7 seconds. And for the record, not that many people would consider 0-60 in 7-9 seconds very fast.

My SVT Contour was a 7 second 0-60 car and it was considered fast by magazines and by performance enthusiasts. True, it's slow if yore used to a 4-5 second or quicker drag car or supercar, but it felt more than fast enough.

It's a good choice, too with a price tag of around $5-6k for a nice one.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:16 AM   #20
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
My SVT Contour was a 7 second 0-60 car and it was considered fast by magazines and by performance enthusiasts. True, it's slow if yore used to a 4-5 second or quicker drag car or supercar, but it felt more than fast enough.

It's a good choice, too with a price tag of around $5-6k for a nice one.
I think it's considered fast for what it is. I like them and I was looking into buying one, but somebody (maybe you) told me how terrible they are in the winter, and I live on a little mountain. Fast for a daily driver? Yes. Fast in general? Not to me. Cool in general? Yes.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:29 AM   #21
xist2spire
CF Newbie

So i guess, im down to two cars, the Contour and the Civic.
xist2spire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:01 PM   #22
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
I think it's considered fast for what it is. I like them and I was looking into buying one, but somebody (maybe you) told me how terrible they are in the winter, and I live on a little mountain. Fast for a daily driver? Yes. Fast in general? Not to me. Cool in general? Yes.

Yeah, it sucked in the winter with the stock tires. But at this point, few have stock tires on them, and I'd put real winter tires if there was a lot of snow use happening. We rarely get more than a week of snow here, so it wasn't feasable to get a second set of winter tires just for that, so I sucked it up and drove carefully when there was snow on the ground.

But in the dry it was a blast, and one of the best handling cars, FWD or otherwise, I've driven, which is saying something. And the 143 mph top speed was so much faster than anyone should use on the street that how fast it was was really unimportant. It FELT quicker than 7 seconds to 60, too. In fact, it felt closer to 5 seconds to 60, even though it wasn't.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote