Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #1
Madmax
CF Newbie

Best of the three

Well I turned 16 finally a few months ago and its time for me to find a first car. I dont know much about cars yet, So I came to this forum to find out some stuff and maybe an idea of what I should get. Well there are a few cars on my mind I'd like to have they are the Nissan 240sx Mazda Miata or a late 80's Toyota supra. what would be the best for a first car and something i can slowly build up and race the buddys so if you could give me your thoughts of each of the cars. thanks!!!

-Max
Madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
True_Brit
Has a new job!

id personally choose the MX5 to start off with at a young age as its small, has a reliable engine (the 1.6 lump is apparently the best to choose for smooth running and reliability) yet they do look good!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Drive each one and see which you enjoy most. My first choice is the 240SX, closely followed by the Miata, closely followed by the Supra lol.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
True_Brit
Has a new job!

personally, id have the Supra!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
Madmax
CF Newbie

can you put much hp into a miata? and what are good first mods to put into it i dont want to just throw in a turbo and blow the engine like a jackass lol and do you think you could get teh same amount of hp and torque into a miatta as a 240sx ?
Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
Madmax
CF Newbie

i like the 88-89 supras and i know they can be really fast cars but i was wondering if a miatta could be just as fast i like them all the same im just wondering wahts the best for the money there all about the same price ranging from 2000-5000 i like the 93+ supras but they seem to be like 12,000+ and theres no way in hell i can afford that lol

Last edited by Madmax : 05-24-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #7
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

I'd assume you don't mean a very recent Miata (MX-5). If I were in your shoes, I would go with the Supra, then the 240, then the Miata. You can get a fair amount of power in a Miata, but where it would make up for it versus other cars is in weight and in handling, usually.

I'd still grab a Supra.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Brit
personally, id have the Supra!
Me too, but it would have to be the 3.0-litre Twin Turbo model....In this guy's case though, I'd probably go for the MX-5 too, although none of the cars he mentioned are necessarily great for a first car!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:18 AM   #9
solarrr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Me too, but it would have to be the 3.0-litre Twin Turbo model....In this guy's case though, I'd probably go for the MX-5 too, although none of the cars he mentioned are necessarily great for a first car!

the 3.0 litre TT was a real POS, trust me, I had one for about 2 years. The Mx-5 is a chick car also... I would go with a nice ford mustang GT with straight pipes. just one for the ladies... hehe but use your own discretion!
solarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #10
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrr
the 3.0 litre TT was a real POS, trust me, I had one for about 2 years. The Mx-5 is a chick car also... I would go with a nice ford mustang GT with straight pipes. just one for the ladies... hehe but use your own discretion!
In that case all Supra's of that era are POS's then? Because the 3.0-litre TT is the best of the bunch. I'm not sure I believe anything you say, Solarr, mainly because you seem to think you earn $70,000 in a day....not impossible I guess...If your initials are B.Gates. By the way, you'll get some opinion about calling the Maita a chicks car, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
True_Brit
Has a new job!

i quite like the miata/mx-5, its a cheap thrills car! cheaper to insure than most cars of its type and efficient enough as a daily driver! (my step dad had the 1.8 sport until he got himself a ford expedition )

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Old 05-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #12
bloody13
CF Newbie

I vote for MX-5! Mazda has always been interesting...
bloody13 is offline   Reply With Quote