Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
nprakash21
CF Newbie

Exclamation which one would you buy: 2003 BMW 745i or a 2004 Mercedes Benz E500?

Hello everyone, well let me know breakdown my situation and make it really simple. i'm in the market to buy a car for my wife, she has narrowed down her choices and only wants one of the two. A used 2003 BMW 745i or a Mercedes Benz E500. i've done substantial research on both cars, both of them have their pros (745i: styling, handling, power, gas mileage) (E500: power, luxury, design, ) as well as the cons (745i: iDrive is just way to complicated, some electrical problems) (E500: known reported electrical and engine problems by recent buyers, heating/cooling issues) taking all this into consideration, in the end, i'm confused and don't know what to do and need some advice/opinions etc. pls help! thanks!
nprakash21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:22 AM   #2
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

If I were in your shoes, I would get the MB E500 because I like the styling more and because it's more my size. The two cars are in different segments size-wise but I'm sure you already knew that.

Both cars will serve you well but will be quite expensive to fix and may need a fair bit of maintaining.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 PM   #3
Rims-Fan
CF Newbie

Simple! BMW!

I love the BMW, since i've bought my own one. But yeah... I got this 320D... not a 7 series, but BMW rocks!