Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2007, 03:20 AM   #1
Ferny
CF Newbie

Supra for a first car?

Alright I came to the realiation today that buying a nice car for a first car is a bad idea seeing as how I'll probably crash it and that if I make it into the college I want to go to, keeping a car would be unpractical. So instead of spending all my money on one I decides I'm going to save some of my savings for later investments. So with my money and the money my parents are generously giving me I reckon I have about $8,000 or so.

Anyway I looked around the internet really quick and noticed that I cank get an MK.3 supra for around that much. Is this a good or bad idea?
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
oplease19
CF Newbie

First, don't assume you're going to crash your first car.

Second, the MK3 Supra is nothing special. It was more a luxury car than a sports car. The spectacularness of the MK4 may trickle down to the MK3 in terms of raising the price a bit, but the performance of the MK3 doesn't warrant it. Eight grand will get you a newer, better used car than a 15-20 year old Supra.

Whatever you buy, use edmunds.com True Market Value to determine price. Kelly Blue Book is the seller's friend, not the buyer's.
oplease19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Ferny
CF Newbie

I would only actually be spending about $4500 actually if I went with a Supra. And I know that the MK.3 isn't a mean killing machine performance wise and I actually kind of prefer the fact that it's on the luxury side. Although I haven't driven one yet I'm sure the 230 hp will tide me over.
Ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
Majo
CF Newbie

For your very own good buy a car that has best crash rating since you are unexperienced driver! That is what you need, not a fast car so you can end up under the earth faster then you thought. Belive me most mistakes parents and first time drivers do is buy a new car, fast car, small car ( no crash protection like abs etc )
Old 03-31-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
True_Brit
Has a new job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizel
hello mate..nice to be here in a very wonderful topic for cars..very interesting topics..
you should have really posted that in the 'introduce yourself' threads, youd get a better reception too!!!

www.myspace.com/jhn123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
........Greek warrior cant reply because hes probably beating it like it owes him money.
True_Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
resistanceking
CF Newbie

Exclamation

dont buy it ive seen an mk3 for $1,500 in auto trader magizine
resistanceking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 PM   #7
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by resistanceking
dont buy it ive seen an mk3 for $1,500 in auto trader magizine

STOP THE PRESSES

This guy found one example of this car for cheap. It must be a bad car altogether.