Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
ZSebag
CF Newbie

Buying a Used Car

Hello, I'm currently trying to buy a used car, however a bit lost with the whole process. This will be my second car i've bought, and am aiming to spend around 3-4k(however I could go up to around 5-6k, but would prefer not to) and I was wondering if you guys could give me any models to look out for or specific tips when buying a used car.(how not to get screwed over, things to look for etc etc.)

On my car, I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for, it'll be my daily driver, however it will be mainly driven on highways for when I come home from college, etc etc. I'd like something with a little bit of power, but not a huge gas guzzler. ( 18-20 would be doable) I like both small trucks and cars. I'd like to have the engine as a v6 or smaller, but if ya have any suggestions i'm open.

Some models I was thinking of were:
80-90's - Chevy S-10
90's - Ford Ranger
90's - Mazda Miata
90's - Honda Civic
90's - Nissan 240
80 - 90s firebire or trans am.

If you have any more model suggestions please pass them on! Also I have no problem driving a manual, would probally prefer it!
ZSebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

The Miata is a fun little car.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:31 AM   #3
ZSebag
CF Newbie

My friend just offered to sell me his for 2000, but I think I can get it down to 15-1700. The top needs replaced(most expensive thing, he said 450 for a sunroof w/ glass, and about 150-200 dollars in other small repairs. He's put about 1500 in it in repairs. 100k miles, what do ya think? He told me it's been driven hard it's entire life though.. It also has a decent system in it. Think it's a good deal? He also said it was a "91 and a 1/2" so it has a long bolt instead of short. He checked the vin numbers.
ZSebag is offline   Reply With Quote