Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 02:43 AM   #1
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Things I find amusing!

Thought it might be cool to hear some of the funny things you have overheard at car shows (or other places classic cars are parked)...below are a few examples:

Quote:
Now there is a fast car. It's speedometer goes up to 160!

Quote:
YEP! This is a one owner. I bought it from my brother who convinced the little old lady who bought it new that it was a pile a junk.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Yeah, I've got some friends, and whenever they see a car, the first thing they check is the speedometer lol.

I don't understand the second one though lol...
Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 AM   #3
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Yeah, I've got some friends, and whenever they see a car, the first thing they check is the speedometer lol.

I don't understand the second one though lol...

He bought it from his brother who bought it from someone else...two owners not the claimed one.

You're not playing to win the game Chris.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 02:38 AM   #4
corbett_auto
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
He bought it from his brother who bought it from someone else...two owners not the claimed one.

I count 3 owners.....the original owner, the first brother and the second brother that now owns the car...

It is simply amazing some of the stories I hear....

Quote:
Adding a qt of transmission fluid to the gas tank will clean out the fuel injectors...

Quote:
Didn't you just changed the oil in this engine? Good, after we repair that knocking rod you can pour your oil through a screen and re-use it. It' is still good.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
What
Banned

I laugh at people who attempt to belittle "modern" hp numbers by grossly overrating their crank hp from their given rwhp dyno sheets. 300rwhp IS NOT 525 at the crank.

And on the opposite end there are the ones who firmly believe their manufacturer numbers are under-rated. This is especially prevalent amongst GM owners...because those 01' SS's were definitely puttin' out 420 hp...it wasn't advertised because they didn't want to make Corvette owners angry.

Oh I forgot the latest buzz I've been hearing at Mustang gatherings..."they stop making 5.0's because they were faster than police cars..." They believe this.

Last edited by What : 10-02-2007 at 03:17 PM.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #6
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
And on the opposite end there are the ones who firmly believe their manufacturer numbers are under-rated. This is especially prevalent amongst GM owners...because those 01' SS's were definitely puttin' out 420 hp...it wasn't advertised because they didn't want to make Corvette owners angry.
Hey now, that 305hp at the flywheel is bullshit. It's the same motor as the Vette, why would it make less hp? 420 is junk and any owner who believes it is ill-inforned and/or ignorant, but I'd say that about people who believe the 305 as well. HP-wise there really is no difference between the Z28s and SSs, and most SS owners will acknowledge that.

Look at dynos and time slips of LS1 Z28s/SSs and those of same-era Mustang GTs, which really do make about 305hp. Or try an online hp calculator. They're not very accurate, but enough to tell you that the LS1s are making more than what GM states.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote