Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #1
Xtremer360
CF Newbie

97 Saturn SL2

Hello I'm new to the forums but just recently took my car in and found out my catalytic converter needs replaced well after I buy it and install it what should I get to improve the performance of my 1997 Saturn SL2. And lets just say I'm willing to pay anything.
Xtremer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:02 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtremer360
Hello I'm new to the forums but just recently took my car in and found out my catalytic converter needs replaced well after I buy it and install it what should I get to improve the performance of my 1997 Saturn SL2. And lets just say I'm willing to pay anything.
I moved this for you. Surely if you were willing to pay anything you'd have a different car?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
Xtremer360
CF Newbie

Well I bought the car about a year and a half ago cause that was really the only thing in my range at the time but I'm going to try and make the most of it.
Xtremer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Is there anyone on this forum, besides Cliffy and I, who sees the contradiction between this;
Quote:
And lets just say I'm willing to pay anything.
And this?
Quote:
Well I bought the car about a year and a half ago cause that was really the only thing in my range at the time but I'm going to try and make the most of it.
As Cliffy already made a point of little fella, if you were in a position to "pay anything" you wouldn't be wasting your time on a Saturn. If I had a dollar for everytime over the last 30ish years that someone has wanted me to improve their car and "money is no object", but then when it comes time to put up or shut up it really is, I'd be a rich man. The world is full of people like you that have champagne dreams and a near beer budget. Like the guy just the other day who wanted an LS1/4L60E combo dropped into his '60's Nova. "I got money... Whatever it costs... er...uh... Whuddaya mean the engine and trans alone cost $4k... I've only got about $1500 for the whole project." You're fooling no one but yourself.

If you honestly want to upgrade your car, your FIRST order of business is to decide exactly how much you can afford/are willing to spend. Then you need to determine what you want the final product to be and decide if it's even possible. Then and only should you go out and ask others for their ideas, opinions and expertise.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:45 AM   #5
Jackie
CF Newbie

As what I understand in this matter, he’s looking for <Link Removed> to boost the performance of his present car and not looking for a whole car to buy. And the parts are only the ones he could pay anything for.

Last edited by Cliffy : 06-21-2007 at 04:47 AM.
Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote