Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
moneybags2k9
CF Newbie

turbo diesel swap?

i just totaled my new 2006 Ford F-250 turbo diesel truck but the motor is fine and only has 9378 miles on it. im looking for advice because i want to take the motor out of my truck and put it in a car and i want to kno what cars the swap would be the easiest on. IF anyone knos anything about this please post...
moneybags2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneybags2k9
i just totaled my new 2006 Ford F-250 turbo diesel truck but the motor is fine and only has 9378 miles on it. im looking for advice because i want to take the motor out of my truck and put it in a car and i want to kno what cars the swap would be the easiest on. IF anyone knos anything about this please post...
I'm confused. Why would you want to do this? Surely your insurance will cover the cost of a new truck? If that is the case, you won't be allowed to removed the engine, as the truck will be the property of the insurance company, even if it is off to the scrapyard...

By the way, your username is 'moneybags2k9'....Does that mean that you wont have any money until atleast 2009?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #3
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

If they've declared it "totalled", you either gotta give up the motor and take your check or you can keep it and get nothing from them.