Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
TERRY234234
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3
gti

how much is it to buy a ford gti
TERRY234234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by TERRY234234
how much is it to buy a ford gti
How old are you? Just wondering

I'll move this....I think. Not because I think you're being serious in your request, but because I'm organised.

Although I have no idea what a 'Ford gti' is, I'll assume it's soley a Matchbox/Hot Wheels thing....
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 06-15-2007 at 12:15 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:45 AM   #3
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Because there is no "Ford GTI," I would assume that combining a Ford GT and a Volkswagen GTI would run around... $tupid.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:38 AM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Because there is no "Ford GTI," I would assume that combining a Ford GT and a Volkswagen GTI would run around... $tupid.
Well, yeah, actually there is.





So what was that were you saying about stupid? Think, type, submit.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:58 AM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Well, yeah, actually there is.





So what was that were you saying about stupid? Think, type, submit.
I think he meant that there was no specific GTI like there is the GT....Or not? Nobody ever thinks about the Escort GTI, infact I still fail to see why Ford badged it as one, lol. It's basically an SI with a new name...
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I think he meant that there was no specific GTI like there is the GT....Or not? Nobody ever thinks about the Escort GTI, infact I still fail to see why Ford badged it as one, lol. It's basically an SI with a new name...
Well I knew it existed and I don't even live in the UK, so... Somebody must think of it.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:06 AM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Well I knew it existed and I don't even live in the UK, so... Somebody must think of it.
I thought about it, honest!

I assmed he was talking about something exoticthough, as he already owns a Porshce 911! Remember?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:12 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I thought about it, honest!

I assmed he was talking about something exoticthough, as he already owns a Porshce 911! Remember?
Whatsa matta yoo? Can't you spell? It's "poursh911".
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:18 AM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Whatsa matta yoo? Can't you spell? It's "poursh911".
It's the keyboard, lol. Porsh
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:23 AM   #10
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Is that not copyright infringement...or something?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Is that not copyright infringement...or something?
Is what copyright infringment? Ford makng a GTI? If so, no....lots of manufcturers have them, lol. Or am I missing your point?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #12
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-
 
Mathew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 2,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
Is that not copyright infringement...or something?

Theres lots of GTi's in Europe...we only get one of them. Its really just a trim....like an SE or an LX
__________________
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Well, yeah, actually there is.





So what was that were you saying about stupid? Think, type, submit.

I took what he was saying to mean a model, not trim level.

But, hey, I even searched "Ford GTI" first and didn't pull that up... I didn't know it existed.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.