Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #1
newyorker
MXman

My exhaust is now one of a kind

So we were about to do my axleback with a twin loop muffler, but decided to run without a muffler at all, and now have a side exit 2.5 inch coming out behind the wheel. sounds amazing, and now im definately one of the few people with a side exit civic.

We are still running the stock header with the stock cat, stock piping, and the stock sankei resonator (now my muffler)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeg1o1jBoRc
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

how much did that run u? i am thinking of doing somethin like this on an mr2 i am getting except it would be a little more complicated.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:27 PM   #3
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
how much did that run u? i am thinking of doing somethin like this on an mr2 i am getting except it would be a little more complicated.
45 labor
14 for the alluminized 2.5 inch pipe (2 feet or so)
7.99 plus tax for the pep boys tip

Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 AM   #4
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Wow thats looks horrible. Why run it all the way to the back just to angle it out the side? Side exhaust is usually that way so pipe can be shorter or fitment issues.

Thats worse than the ricers that run a tip turned sideways. Also bends dont help exhaust flow so even though its probably better now that there is no muffler, striaght out the back probably would have performed better, although it'd probably be such a small gain it'd be a mute point.

Should have ran it tucked up under the bumper with a turndown so you couldnt see any exhaust.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #5
elchango36
WWJCD

Should have gotten a proper muffler. That sounds terrible.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #6
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Wow thats looks horrible. Why run it all the way to the back just to angle it out the side? Side exhaust is usually that way so pipe can be shorter or fitment issues.

Thats worse than the ricers that run a tip turned sideways. Also bends dont help exhaust flow so even though its probably better now that there is no muffler, striaght out the back probably would have performed better, although it'd probably be such a small gain it'd be a mute point.

Should have ran it tucked up under the bumper with a turndown so you couldnt see any exhaust.
looks are personal opinion..as far as having it shorter, we didnt want to chop my whole exhaust to move the resonator, then cut the jacking point under the car, make a flat tip (i didnt find the one I would want as a rectangle). it sounds amazing. it does not add any performance either axleback or full catback exhaust..thats just the way the car is.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:58 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
Should have gotten a proper muffler. That sounds terrible.
sounds awesome...much better than a muffler would have been, and quieter and not as annoying, tacky, or typical. i had an HKS HiPower with a 4.5 inch tip and an OBX twin loop, but I decided to go this route.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
So we were about to do my axleback with a twin loop muffler, but decided to run without a muffler at all, and now have a side exit 2.5 inch coming out behind the wheel. sounds amazing, and now im definately one of the few people with a side exit civic.

We are still running the stock header with the stock cat, stock piping, and the stock sankei resonator (now my muffler)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeg1o1jBoRc

It sticks out the side...

For the love of G-d find something real to do with your time and money.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:47 PM   #9
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Its one of a kind the same way smoke stacks thru the hood are

personally thats what I would have done with a civic

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:35 AM   #10
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
It sticks out the side...

For the love of G-d find something real to do with your time and money.
thats the point of a side exit exhaust...it comes out of the side..no need to be a dick tho ...also if you watched the video ud see that it sits flush with the bumper...the picture just makes it seem like its 6 inches out, and if u wana talk spendin money, i dont tint my moms car, nor do i put a system in it

Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 AM   #11
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
thats the point of a side exit exhaust...it comes out of the side..no need to be a dick tho ...also if you watched the video ud see that it sits flush with the bumper...the picture just makes it seem like its 6 inches out, and if u wana talk spendin money, i dont tint my moms car, nor do i put a system in it

1) The video makes it seem like it's 6 inches out too.
2) I was personally told by someone that it comes out (although not by 6 inches, that's an exaggeration).

Drawn upon that conclusion, it sits out. I'm sorry if I was a dick. It is your car, so feel free to do whatever you want with it. But we all have our opinions and mine is that I can think of a lot better ways of spending money.

And don't be stupid. I put $150 tints and transferred a sound system from the old car into my daily driver. I don't waste hundreds of dollars on a suspension, sway bars, a shocker sticker for a 115hp, 4 door car that was designed to be an economy car.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:02 AM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
1) The video makes it seem like it's 6 inches out too.
2) I was personally told by someone that it comes out (although not by 6 inches, that's an exaggeration).

Drawn upon that conclusion, it sits out. I'm sorry if I was a dick. It is your car, so feel free to do whatever you want with it. But we all have our opinions and mine is that I can think of a lot better ways of spending money.

And don't be stupid. I put $150 tints and transferred a sound system from the old car into my daily driver. I don't waste hundreds of dollars on a suspension, sway bars, a shocker sticker for a 115hp, 4 door car that was designed to be an economy car.
well it doesnt stick out...it sits pretty much flush with the bumper, maybe an inch out, but noone has a tucked exhaust behind body panels...personally told by who? igor is the only one who saw it and he was it last night, before you made your post...if dima told you it sticks out, he hasnt seen it in person either. dont worry man my economy 115 horsepower sedan still rides great, and ask igor how it handled with me, my 260lb friend, a 200lb friend, and igor inside of it, how my driving is, and if my exhaust actually sticks out or not. while ur there ask him if my car looks like shit, or rides too rough cause of the drop, or any other questions. fact of the matter is I get some of the best parts when I put upgrades on, and thats why my car drives and looks the way it does.

P.S. sway bars arent on yet. Progress 27mm front and 22 rear with progress mount kit/tie bar are coming in august along with LCA bushings

Last edited by newyorker : 07-02-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #13
newyorker
MXman

and since you (slio) dont answer my IMs you can back your claim up here or meet me at the track and see if my 1000s of dollars of parts are just the BS you make them out to be. Of course youre going to assume that I mean a 1/4 mile race not paying any mind to the parts list in my sig, because not knowing what most of the stuff is, you wouldnt even think about the car being set up for autocross and road racing (which you will surely mistake for street racing). In fact, for most of the parts you would have to use howstuffworks to wikipedia to see what they are and what they are used for, only then would you begin to understand. Then again if you werent a dick in the first place telling me to spend my time and money elsewhere, I wouldnt have been bashing your lack of knowledge right now. In fact I would have been more than happy to explain to you what the parts are, and how they are better than stock.

P.S. does anyone know where I can get a well priced rollcage for the car? they are mandatory for hillclimb events

Last edited by newyorker : 07-02-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #14
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
and since you (slio) dont answer my IMs you can back your claim up here or meet me at the track and see if my 1000s of dollars of parts are just the BS you make them out to be. Of course youre going to assume that I mean a 1/4 mile race not paying any mind to the parts list in my sig, because not knowing what most of the stuff is, you wouldnt even think about the car being set up for autocross and road racing (which you will surely mistake for street racing). In fact, for most of the parts you would have to use howstuffworks to wikipedia to see what they are and what they are used for, only then would you begin to understand. Then again if you werent a dick in the first place telling me to spend my time and money elsewhere, I wouldnt have been bashing your lack of knowledge right now. In fact I would have been more than happy to explain to you what the parts are, and how they are better than stock.

P.S. does anyone know where I can get a well priced rollcage for the car? they are mandatory for hillclimb events

That is where you make a mistake. I will not deny that you can probably beat me in auto-cross and probably even the 1/4 mile. But I have enough maturity and intelligence to realize that it is pointless. So what that you can beat me in autocross? Who cares? Newflash: to 95% of people, you're the typical teenager with too much money to spend for his own good. It gets better though. If you turbo that thing through your ass and somehow end up with 200hp (I'm exaggerating, point stays the same), it STILL does not matter. A car is still a car and you still just spent so much money on something completely pointless. Unless you have the time and money to make it a project, you're still a teenager dropping money into bolt ons on a a car designed for economy.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #15
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

ill school you all in my buick

165 hp ftw

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote