Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #31
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Reviewing the Hockenheim shorttrack results leads me to believe that the Z0 may actually handle better, as on the short track, as place were power has less of a chance to shine, and grip and other handling characterists are more valued the Z06 actually lapped almost 3 full seconds faster than your beloved GT.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #32
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

And did they have the exact same drivers in each car for every comparison...I'm certain they didn't. What I've been trying to say this whole goddamn thread is that none of this is relavant...

You asked if the 4.6 was a good motor and the first response you got, you started arguing...WTF? That's called trolling, you didn't care what the response was...

If you have to ask if a "4.6 is a good motor" then you obviously aren't that well rooted in the automotive world and apparently not much of an "Enthusiast". And how many times did I say the LT-1 and LS-1's were faster than a 2v 4.6...enough to not be having a debate over it.

Good day to you jackass.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.

Last edited by Sick88Tbird : 07-31-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:34 AM   #33
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Sorry you got your panties in a wad. I didnt even want it to turn into this but you had to go there.

I was hopin some people could show me some hard running N/A 4.6s especially the 3 or 4 valves, but nobody did.

I wanted facts and different mods. Im not even that big into mustangs, hell I was about to buy a mach 1 and I still only even know of two head porters for the 4V motors. Im sure there are a ton more.

I was hopin someone could show me some built strong running na 4.6s and prove me wrong, but no.

From personal experience I hate this motor, but Im not against changing my mind. I used to hate the LSj also until I saw some strong running ones. 260whp from a few mods is pretty good for a 4 banger.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:38 AM   #34
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Haha well dont forget the GT barely outperforms the Z06 for twice as much. And for your GT we have our soon to be released ~650HP Z07 or BlueDevil or Corvette SS, Which will be FI, so it will have a great aftermarket and power potential.

Game, Set, Match. GM Wins.
...and for our Mustang you have your...nothing. Game, set, and STFU. Camaro is dead.

The Corvette had a significant price disadvantage against the Terminator...how do they compare?

I took my Fox to the track, guess what I ran?
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 AM   #35
What
Banned

Quote:
I was hopin some people could show me some hard running N/A 4.6s especially the 3 or 4 valves, but nobody did.

I was hopin someone could show me some built strong running na 4.6s and prove me wrong, but no.

Your NA argument is just as silly as import's hp/L. With a size disadvantage, the 4.6 needs a power adder to be fast and remain civil. I do know NA 4.6s running 11s though.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #36
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
...and for our Mustang you have your...nothing. Game, set, and STFU. Camaro is dead.

The Corvette had a significant price disadvantage against the Terminator...how do they compare?

I took my Fox to the track, guess what I ran?

Ahh the classic, well the camaro is dead arguement. Dont forget its coming back and as always it will be faster than the mustang.
Who cares if its dead its still faster than the brand new 05 Mustang GT.
Civics are still here, and that makes them......SLOW.

The new LS2 vs GT500. Well most GT500s are going for over the price of a C6 and the C6 will easily out run them. The Gt500s are just too heavy.

There you go Id like the here about the N/A 4.6s in the 11s

Oh and what'd you run.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #37
Sick88Tbird

There are 50-state legal '99 and '01 4v cobras running in the high-11's that are docile enough to be daily drivers...I have one in one of my MM&FF mags, I'll have to look it up for ya. By the way...what GM motor has 4-bolt mains and is crossbolted on top of it all and can handle 1000+ hp on the stock short block? oh that's right, not a damn one.

The "bolt-on" camaro that you said ran 7.70's in the eighth mile...what was his trap speed and 60' times? I believe this to be horse-crap, I need some more info please.

Stock GT500's run 12.20's at high altitude in the summer heat on stock tires, with the traction control turned off, it'll still belt out 12.50-12.60's with it on...LS2 'Vette won't do that...not without going into the PCM with a tuner.

Please supply me with more into on that 7.70 eighth mile pass, as well as mods done.

-Don

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 AM   #38
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

If those 50 state legal cobras are Boosted than I dont care, You can make anything fast with boost, if not Id love to hear about them

About the bolt on camaro its an 01 SS. It has Welds a Stall, Gears, A lid and exhaust, and he was running 7.70s. The car I do believe is faster now cause I know hes been sprayin it and it may have a cam now, havent talked to him in a while.
Here is his profile for tech
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?userid=31861
Here is one of his threads youll like it
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?userid=31861
Post 24 is da best

About being able to handle 1K hp try the LS7. Ive seen a stock shortblock one with twin turbos makes it to 1200+rwhp, seems as the thread has been cleaned from tech though.

Also all the LS1s have 6 bolt mains.

And about the crossbolted maines or splayed mains, thats common in LT1s almost everybody that builds an LT1 has 4 bolt splayed mains on. I was gonna have it done when I was building one. 300 dollars at my machine shop.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:18 AM   #39
Sick88Tbird

The 11 sec daily driver cobra's I was telling you about are NATURALLY ASPIRATED!

You posted the same profile twice...7.70's would equate to high 10's or low 11's in the quarter...he's not running 7.70's with those few mods...even with 4.56's and a real loose convertor...that time is either with spray or it's BS.

Looks like you have no proof about stock block LS7's taking that much power, so it's irrelevant. I know 4-bolt mains with the outter bolts being splayed was used at GM but they don't cross-bolt the mains like Ford does.

Old 08-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #40
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Well you dont have to believe it but its true, and there are alot of guys who will tell you the same. It has 4:10 gears and a 4400rpm converter. He drags alot of people you wouldnt think he should. Join tech and ask about him. He has a ton of videos on there.

Most guys say the same thing about him when they first here.

And the second link I was tryin to post was a thread he started abotu mokin a KB cobra and then all the mustang guys go there panties in a wad. Apparently they troll the racing section so when anyone comes out and says they beat a mustang they all jump you and then make excuses cause they are slow.

Looks like you have no proof the terminator motors are hangin on at 1K hp. Ive seen a few last at 800 but Ive seen a lot pop at 600.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:59 AM   #41
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...3&page=3&pp=20

Read post # 56
Old 08-03-2007, 02:36 AM   #42
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Nicks Car vs a C6 Z06 with this....
07 Z06 - LG h/c, ported intake/TB, CAI, LG headers, Borla Stinger(pulled from sig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfzFMQNu4pU

That car moves out for a lid, catback car
Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 AM   #43
Sick88Tbird

Quote:
Looks like you have no proof the terminator motors are hangin on at 1K hp. Ive seen a few last at 800 but Ive seen a lot pop at 600.

A cobra not withstanding 600rwhp...lmao...the only way that happens is a really BAD tune. Ask anybody building a turbo cobra.

So basically you hang out there and suck LS1 c*ck?...because that's what it looks like from what I've seen on that forum...they have you brainwashed pretty good.

Last edited by Sick88Tbird : 08-03-2007 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:45 AM   #44
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick88Tbird
A cobra not withstanding 600rwhp...lmao...the only way that happens is a really BAD tune. Ask anybody building a turbo cobra.
No comment on the LS1s?

I was at a local mustang shop USA motorsports gettin the car dynoed and a TT terminator showed up and he said the motors were shit and his let go at like 650rwhp, so he built a stronger one and is runnin a prototype TT kit. He runs on low boost and makes 700rwhp but the shop turned it up to dyno it and has dyno graphs of it at like 890rwhp.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:48 AM   #45
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Oh and I have a quote for you fromt he owner of that mustang shop, concerning the power potential of the 4.6s N/A.

"you cant make chicken salad with chicken shit"

Haha from a mustang guys mouth

I got another good one from him, a 3000gt with hail damage showed up and he goes DAMN looks like a fat girls ass.