Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quick Question about Rules

With VWHOBOs recent and continous shirt stirring, I decided to actually read the rules and I read the first one and had to stop to ask a question.

here it is
Quote:
Before starting a new thread, search first to check that the thread you are about to start hasn't already been written.

I understand that you guys don't want a bunch of repeat threads, but everytime someone does this and actually posts in the old thread they are crucified for reviving old threads. Just wondering...
Old 07-09-2007, 02:20 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
With VWHOBOs recent and continous shirt stirring, I decided to actually read the rules and I read the first one and had to stop to ask a question.

here it is

I understand that you guys don't want a bunch of repeat threads, but everytime someone does this and actually posts in the old thread they are crucified for reviving old threads. Just wondering...
Within reason. It comes down to common sense really. If a member revives an old thread to offer advice to a member that hasn't posted sinse starting said thread 2+yrs ago, yes they'll be showed the error of their ways. However, if a member revives a thread to add to the conversation and/or give his/her opinion on a suject, that's fine. We might jokingly say about the thread not dying or something, but we'll only seriously say anything if it's clearly pointless reviving the thread. At the same time, if somebody starts a thread that was already posted 4 yrs ago, and it's not a common thread, or one about a subject that has been discussed to death, that's fine too. Hope that helps.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 07-09-2007 at 02:29 AM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote