Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
dunkley
CF Newbie

my t-bird

i just got a 67 t-bird and when i put it in drive it goes but it reves out to high and then finally it will kick down what should i do, and i need to know where i can find a rear bottom bumper, and i cant get the signal lights to work or break lights what can i try or what should i do
dunkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkley
i just got a 67 t-bird and when i put it in drive it goes but it reves out to high and then finally it will kick down what should i do, and i need to know where i can find a rear bottom bumper, and i cant get the signal lights to work or break lights what can i try or what should i do

first thing, check your trans fluid
second, check aftermarket. there has to be one out there somewhere
third, get a wiring diagram and follow your wires checking for broken wires and good conections
Old 07-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
dunkley
CF Newbie

i have

i went on the net and got the wiring manual for it and i followed all the wires and they seemed to be all right and i changed the bulbs in the lights but i put the signal on and it goes on but it wont flash and if i take the wire off the motor the motor for the lights will go but the lgihts wont turn on and when i put the wire back on then the lights will go on and the motor wont flash i had the steering colum apart and everything i cant figure it out
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkley
i went on the net and got the wiring manual for it and i followed all the wires and they seemed to be all right and i changed the bulbs in the lights but i put the signal on and it goes on but it wont flash and if i take the wire off the motor the motor for the lights will go but the lgihts wont turn on and when i put the wire back on then the lights will go on and the motor wont flash i had the steering colum apart and everything i cant figure it out

i dopnt know what to tell you then. i would need the car here to know what exactly you are talking about
Old 07-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #5
dunkley
CF Newbie

yea i know

yea i know its hard to explain. the lights run off there own little motor thing and its ****ed im not sure what to do im taking it to a shop tonight when i get home hopefully they will know whats wrong with it and it wont cost me to much it might be the whole wiring harness but hopefully not because thats gonna cost quite a bit but i uno