Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2004, 02:20 AM   #1
Satty101
CF's L body Freak
 
Satty101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Colorado Springs CO
Posts: 2,865
FINALLY.....again

I have now accented my car a little (accented=painted). Also, some new Xenon headlight bulbs. they're slightly brighter!




__________________
My cars:

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 02:34 AM   #2
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
I really like how clean you keep your car man. Props!
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 04:38 PM   #3
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Nize Ryd
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:05 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Blue vents make it cool faster, yo!

Or is it a case of cosmetic mods being "detailing" when it's someone you know and like, and "ghetto" or "rice" if it's someone you don't?

In any case, looks good, Satty! I like those Berettas.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 07:16 PM   #5
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Blue vents make it cool faster, yo!

Or is it a case of cosmetic mods being "detailing" when it's someone you know and like, and "ghetto" or "rice" if it's someone you don't?

In any case, looks good, Satty! I like those Berettas.
Well put. Even being the redneck that i am, I kinda liked those spinner wheels yall posted in another thread.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:18 PM   #6
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Or is it a case of cosmetic mods being "detailing" when it's someone you know and like, and "ghetto" or "rice" if it's someone you don't?

"Ghetto" and "Rice" is objective.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:29 PM   #7
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
"Ghetto" and "Rice" is objective.
.
.

Question or comment?
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #8
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Question or comment?

If there is no (?) after the sentence...I would assume a comment or statement.

Or were you calling for some?
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 09:53 PM   #9
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
If there is no (?) after the sentence...I would assume a comment or statement.

Or were you calling for some?
.
.
Well, no I have yet to get into digital mind reading. ASSUME
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:00 PM   #10
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
Well, no I have yet to get into digital mind reading. ASSUME

I'm confused then...were you asking me specifically or where you calling for general comments on my statement?
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #11
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
I'm confused then...were you asking me specifically or where you calling for general comments on my statement?
.
.
Didn't understand your statement/question,or which it was.
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:50 PM   #12
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Well, no I have yet to get into digital mind reading. ASSUME

ASS-U-ME
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:34 AM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Looking good Satty!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 02:32 PM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
"Ghetto" and "Rice" is objective.
.
.

Apperently not, when people can call real rae cars "rice" becaeu they have stickers and wings that the viewer feels are to big. And when people start calling ANY modification that doesn't make the car faster "rice." Or ANY chrome wheel "ghetto."

It's not at ALL objectively looked aqt by most peopel, simply because most peopl dont' know what the hell they are looking at most of the time.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:13 PM   #15
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue
 
BavarianWheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 3,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Apperently not, when people can call real rae cars "rice" becaeu they have stickers and wings that the viewer feels are to big. And when people start calling ANY modification that doesn't make the car faster "rice." Or ANY chrome wheel "ghetto."

It's not at ALL objectively looked aqt by most peopel, simply because most peopl dont' know what the hell they are looking at most of the time.

True race cars are the exception to the rule. They are race cars (autoX doesn't count.) The "Ghetto" and "Rice" that I speak of is in street legal, daily driver cars. That is the context.

And if it is how you say it is...then "Ghetto" and "Rice" can be known, but there are some that are ignorant to what makes one or the other.

Hence...you are in agreement: "Ghetto" and "Rice" is objective.

Thanks for making my point for me.
.
.
__________________

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.