Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 10:04 PM   #16
theman352001
--- Voice of Reason ---

Unfedfat, thank you for the clarification. What happened between the parties involved should stay between the parties involved. But when something happens to the forum, then I believe the forum should be notified.

This has been an interesting forum to be a part of. (ok, a small part but I have put my in a couple of times) It is pretty well run and I hope that continues. There have been a number of intense conversations and for the most part they were handled in an appropriate manner. They actually help to give this forum character.

It is unfortunate that the differences could not have been solved without anyone feeling that they had to leave. Everybody who posts on this forum adds to the character of it. That character will be missed. Life goes on.

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute, and for helping to keep this place on open forum for idea exchange.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:12 PM   #17
lectroid
0000?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001
Unfedfat, thank you for the clarification. What happened between the parties involved should stay between the parties involved. But when something happens to the forum, then I believe the forum should be notified.

This has been an interesting forum to be a part of. (ok, a small part but I have put my in a couple of times) It is pretty well run and I hope that continues. There have been a number of intense conversations and for the most part they were handled in an appropriate manner. They actually help to give this forum character.

It is unfortunate that the differences could not have been solved without anyone feeling that they had to leave. Everybody who posts on this forum adds to the character of it. That character will be missed. Life goes on.

Thank you for the opportunity to contribute, and for helping to keep this place on open forum for idea exchange.

Very well said. I agree.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:36 PM   #18
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman352001

Agreed
Old 04-27-2004, 10:37 PM   #19
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I agree too, this place is well run and well maintained. We all have a fun time here and that's the main thing. vwhobo offered this place alot, and although..occationally, confrontational, nobody can deny that he knows what he's talking about. We just have to move with the times, and unfortunatelly, if that means without vwhobo, so be it...anyways, that's my two pence

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Old 04-27-2004, 10:55 PM   #20
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

And so the club comes to an end...well...he wont know it...but it will live on as a token of our appreciation of him and it will go on in his rememberance...that is if you all dont want to call it the "Unofficial StiMan fanclub"....sounds pretty ketchy to me! ...Just Kidding...Live well friend vwhobo!

Old 04-27-2004, 11:14 PM   #21
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
And so the club comes to an end...well...he wont know it...but it will live on as a token of our appreciation of him and it will go on in his rememberance...that is if you all dont want to call it the "Unofficial StiMan fanclub"....sounds pretty ketchy to me! ...Just Kidding...Live well friend vwhobo!

I dunno...I think "unofficial Satty101 fanclub" sounds more catchy...After all, I do build the models..

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 04-27-2004, 11:18 PM   #22
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
I dunno...I think "unofficial Satty101 fanclub" sounds more catchy...After all, I do build the models..

too bad its gonna be the SJ fan club. after all, i have more posts than anybody here!!!

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
Old 04-27-2004, 11:20 PM   #23
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
too bad its gonna be the SJ fan club. after all, i have more posts than anybody here!!!

quantity or quallity?

It will be the Satty101 fanclub.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Old 04-27-2004, 11:24 PM   #24
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Yes...but I build models aswell...not quite as good as yours in the car department...but the aircraft I build are quite good....

Old 04-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #25
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Yes...but I build models aswell...not quite as good as yours in the car department...but the aircraft I build are quite good....

My wife is a model...does that count?

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 04-27-2004, 11:25 PM   #26
lectroid
0000?

Quote:

The "who cares" comment is not going to gain to many points for your own fan club. Number of post, WHO CARES? Silly boy.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 PM   #27
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroid
The "who cares" comment is not going to gain to many points for your own fan club. Number of post, WHO CARES? Silly boy.
I am sure someone does....

Old 04-27-2004, 11:33 PM   #28
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfedfat
I try to keep private business private as much as possible but since you're aware of mass deletion, it needs an explanation. Neither I nor any member of the moderation team have deleted his posts. He has, because of a difference of opinion that has lead to misunderstandig. We discussed the situation in private, he apologized and decided to leave the boards... There was no censorship of any kind involved...
First let me say to all my friends on this forum, thank you for your kind words and concern. I’m quite sure this will be my very last post because I expect to be banned shortly after posting it.

I would be lying if I said that the explanation above was completely inaccurate. However it is only a portion of the truth, the portion that puts the person typing it in a good light. There is an old legal saying, “the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth”. You got two out of three. I will refrain from going into that any further because it won’t do anyone any good. Let’s just say that when parts of the story are conveniently missing or rearranged, that in itself is a form of censorship.

Let me finish by asking a question that will in part prove my point. If “Neither I nor any member of the moderation team have deleted his posts”, then who exactly did? Yes, I deleted exactly ten dead threads which I started. But please tell everyone who deleted everything in the Gearhead Garage and then deleted the entire forum. I know it wasn’t me and the mods don’t have the power, so that only leaves two people… The Administrator or the Forum Fairy and I haven’t believed in fairies since I was six years old. Sorry, but that IS the truth.

Ya’ll take it easy in forumville. I will miss you all.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:36 PM   #29
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:

In light of the above post...you HAD the most...

Old 04-27-2004, 11:37 PM   #30
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

::greets vwhobo::

Closed Thread