Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2007, 06:54 AM   #1
yeoj55
CF Newbie

SHOULD I TRADE? Truck for a mustang?please i could use any advise i can get?

Im lookin at trading a 91 f150 xlt lariat single cab 6 3/4 bed average condition with 136,xxx miles and $1200 for a base model 94 mustang with 105,xxx in good condition

Does this seem like a good trade? am i gettin ripped off? should i offer less mney? any and all advise or suggestions are more athan welcome
yeoj55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
Bronxie
Dont know crap about cars

Seems like an OK deal to me.

At the end of the day, there isn't that much money in question anyhow

Driving a lotus is more thrilling than sex.
Bronxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:46 AM   #3
JORD88
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoj55
Im lookin at trading a 91 f150 xlt lariat single cab 6 3/4 bed average condition with 136,xxx miles and $1200 for a base model 94 mustang with 105,xxx in good condition

Does this seem like a good trade? am i gettin ripped off? should i offer less mney? any and all advise or suggestions are more athan welcome

Well if you havnt made the offer yet than first see if he/she will trade you their car without you offering the $1,200. If they want some money as well than you'll probably end up giving them the $1,200. I doubt they'll go for anything less than $1,000 but you could try. You should always try to negotiate the price and see if you can get a good deal.

As for the condition, genearally someone who has a nice well-kept interior, probably takes good care of their car (They bring their car in for oil changes rather than wait for their oil to get really dirty, they dont abuse their car, etc). But you always have those people out there that value looks more than maintaining their vehicle or their car isnt really high on their list of priority.

What I would do is see if the person who's selling the Mustang, can take it to a shop and have it tuned up and maybe even have a compression test done to it. Make sure you go with him to see the results and if anything needs to be done to it. If the're a trustworthy person who is not trying to rip you off, then they shouldnt be hesitant in bringing their car in to a shop if their serious about selling their car. If they dont want to bring their car in to a mechanic then see if you can get a second opinion on the car, a friend who knows alot about cars, or your mechanic, and you should probably test drive their car.

Or if your in a hurry then go ahead and trade your F150 for their Mustang. Everyone who is buying a used car should know the risks associated with it and accept the fact that there could be something wrong with it and you may have to spend some additional money on your new used car after buying it.
JORD88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
struTTinTelloS
CF Newbie

It sounds like it could have a possiblity of being a good deal but you should get all the information about the mustang before you decide to trade it. Including how close it is to all its "check ups & tune ups" b/c in all actuallity you would have to add that to the price to if its close to time for any of that stuff. Trust your gut too.
struTTinTelloS is offline   Reply With Quote