Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
mrs07mazda
CF Newbie

air in floorboard when release brake, 2005 Mazda Tribute

It started as a hissing coming from the pedals area in the floorboard on the driver's side. I could hear it from the driver's seat. The sound kept getting louder when I released my foot from the pedal, but would not happen at all if my foot was holding the brake pedal to the floor.

Then the check engine came on, the sound of air coming into the floorboard got so much louder, and felt like a gushing wind. It's parked in the garage now, and I have to find someone to service it. I need to have an idea of what's wrong with my 2005 Mazda Tribute, and approximately how much it's going to cost.
mrs07mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs07mazda
It started as a hissing coming from the pedals area in the floorboard on the driver's side. I could hear it from the driver's seat. The sound kept getting louder when I released my foot from the pedal, but would not happen at all if my foot was holding the brake pedal to the floor.

Then the check engine came on, the sound of air coming into the floorboard got so much louder, and felt like a gushing wind. It's parked in the garage now, and I have to find someone to service it. I need to have an idea of what's wrong with my 2005 Mazda Tribute, and approximately how much it's going to cost.
Are you sure it's not just the sound of the brake servo when you press/release the brake pedal? This could sound like air if you don't know what you're listening for I guess. It doesn't have air brakes so I can't see what else itcould be, unless it's unrelated to the brakes and is coincidental that you only hear the noise when you release the brakes....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote