Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 11:56 PM   #31
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

it all depends on the driver, there are ppl out there that if you give them a muscle car they gonna peel out on every corner, race grandmas on buicks, put nos decals on their fenders and play fast and the furious soundtracks in their cars, those people would still be ricers but with big blocks, so having a civic has nothing to do with it.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:34 AM   #32
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
it all depends on the driver, there are ppl out there that if you give them a muscle car they gonna peel out on every corner, race grandmas on buicks, put nos decals on their fenders and play fast and the furious soundtracks in their cars, those people would still be ricers but with big blocks, so having a civic has nothing to do with it.

These people are also know as *cough* enthusiass *cough*.

"My Camaro runs 11's because I have NOS in it!"
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:53 AM   #33
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

did u see the videos i posted on his exhaust thread, i think that kid is full of it...pretty sad
Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 AM   #34
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
did u see the videos i posted on his exhaust thread, i think that kid is full of it...pretty sad

Yes it is pretty sad, but what can you do. Iono... I guess I could lie and say my DSM runs 10's. But it doesn't(although I wish it did)... it runs mid 12's. While that may not be one of the fastest... it still is fast and I'm very confident that I'll be able to make it go faster. Anyways

I like that Accord coupe. So Whatcha got in it ?
Old 08-24-2007, 05:29 AM   #35
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
Yes it is pretty sad, but what can you do. Iono... I guess I could lie and say my DSM runs 10's. But it doesn't(although I wish it did)... it runs mid 12's. While that may not be one of the fastest... it still is fast and I'm very confident that I'll be able to make it go faster. Anyways

I like that Accord coupe. So Whatcha got in it ?

Well since i just got it like month ago all it has is a AEM V2 cai, throttle body spacer, 30th anniversary j30a5 motor lol, and thats it for the performance, then i got jdm headlights, drilled rotors on stock 17's and 6000k HID kit, a lot more coming as soon as i sell my other accord, like HFP lip kit, greddy evo 2 exhaust and more goodies, hopefully next year a comptech supercharger, but thats next year...next month if i get a chance hoping to take it to the track and see what it can do pretty much stock
Old 08-26-2007, 12:26 AM   #36
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Well since i just got it like month ago all it has is a AEM V2 cai, throttle body spacer, 30th anniversary j30a5 motor lol, and thats it for the performance, then i got jdm headlights, drilled rotors on stock 17's
Ahh...Not calling drilled rotors a performance mod. I like this guy.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 AM   #37
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Question
What makes a Ferarri sound the way it does and how do I make my 1997 camaro Z28 sound like one?

Also If someone put a turbo charger in their camaro would it sound like those drifting cars in fast and the furious 3 tokyo drift?

Do Ferarri's sound the way they do because they have turbo?

Also what is the best way to make my 1997 Z28 sound louder and what would it sound like with a smaller muffler like those tuner import japanese customized Honda civic Si and nissan Z-350 cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
How is that rice?? Its different, there is nothing "rice" about it. I dont have a wing on my car, No huge stickers all over the place, and it looks and sounds great. Get your shit straight, better yet just shut up

My shit seems fairly straight to me. Where does he mention "wings and stickers" etc etc?? And he's trying to make it sound like a Ferrari... which i think would "sound great". You said you were going to drive yours in a tunnel just to make it sound like an F1.

Show me again where "it's different" .......
Old 08-26-2007, 06:37 AM   #38
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
My shit seems fairly straight to me. Where does he mention "wings and stickers" etc etc?? And he's trying to make it sound like a Ferrari... which i think would "sound great". You said you were going to drive yours in a tunnel just to make it sound like an F1.

Show me again where "it's different" .......
Because noone else in philly has a side exit on a civic.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #39
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

I'm going to go ahead and say that's bullshit. You CAN NOT claim that unless you have verified and collected pictures of EVERY Civic in Philly. Thats just blatant misuse of non-factual information.

As I have told you before. You're NOT the first person to come up with the idea to put a side exhaust on a car. The fact that you ONLY did it for the sound and looks is exactly the definition of rice. The welded bends don't help exhaust flow. However you knew this and still decided to do it the way it is because it "SOUNDS" better and does not "PERFORM" better.

Generally speaking... looking or sounding good with little adherence to general performance principles IS indeed rice.

Just because you have 12" less exhaust than most civics does NOT make it unique. If your Civic had an LS6 engine in it... THAT would be Unique. Although I'm almost sure someone has probably tried that too.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #40
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

side pipes on a lil 4 cyl civic hahaha i bet it looks retirded as hell
Old 08-26-2007, 06:18 PM   #41
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMer
I'm going to go ahead and say that's bullshit. You CAN NOT claim that unless you have verified and collected pictures of EVERY Civic in Philly. Thats just blatant misuse of non-factual information.

As I have told you before. You're NOT the first person to come up with the idea to put a side exhaust on a car. The fact that you ONLY did it for the sound and looks is exactly the definition of rice. The welded bends don't help exhaust flow. However you knew this and still decided to do it the way it is because it "SOUNDS" better and does not "PERFORM" better.

Generally speaking... looking or sounding good with little adherence to general performance principles IS indeed rice.

Just because you have 12" less exhaust than most civics does NOT make it unique. If your Civic had an LS6 engine in it... THAT would be Unique. Although I'm almost sure someone has probably tried that too.
No it isnt rice...so you tell me all show cars are rice right?? Because a LOT of them have stock engines, thats why the hood is always closed. And let me correct this. Noone else in philly that ive seen in all my years living here has a side exit on any HONDA, including civic for that matter

Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 PM   #42
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
what has that got to do with anything?

You still haven't shown me where he's mentioned anything more rice than yours.

And even if he did mention stickers (which I must have missed), he could just say "no one else in <insert city here> has a giant NoS sticker on their camaro" .... and then it would be exactly the same "justification" as you used.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 AM   #43
99integra
CF's Florida boy

sayin no one else in philly has one is like me saying there is no one stupider than newyorker, but with mine there might be some truth to it.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:59 AM   #44
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
what has that got to do with anything?

You still haven't shown me where he's mentioned anything more rice than yours.

And even if he did mention stickers (which I must have missed), he could just say "no one else in <insert city here> has a giant NoS sticker on their camaro" .... and then it would be exactly the same "justification" as you used.
oh come on read the post not just the one part...that doesnt sound at all hopeless to you?

Old 08-27-2007, 05:59 AM   #45
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
oh come on read the post not just the one part...that doesnt sound at all hopeless to you?
I did read the whole post .... again.

Nowhere does he mention visual mods .... aka "rice" wings stickers etc.

So .... you're allowed to enjoy your car sounding different because of your mods, but he's not???

It doesn't sound "hopeless" at all... It sounds like he is lacking experience and could very well want to learn. He asked direct questions about what makes cars sounds like they do, and whether he could achieve a specific sound.

And you think that's worse than recording your car driving through a tunnel because "it sounds like an F1".

I'll tell you why it does .... the acoustics of the tunnel.... at least he's trying to achieve a desired sound by modifying the car and not the environment. I put it to you that his post is less rice than yours.