Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
calvinnnnn
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 12
Question best performance parts for the s2k?

what are some of the best performance parts i can get for the s2k? i heard mugen exhaust is good? as well as the aem v2 intake? any suggestions?
calvinnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:53 PM   #2
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinnnnn
what are some of the best performance parts i can get for the s2k? i heard mugen exhaust is good? as well as the aem v2 intake? any suggestions?
tires
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #3
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
tires

Tires? You know that's not the answer he is looking for.

No one here is known to f*ck with an S2000...but look here for performance parts..
http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/S2000/MODAPP/

and here for performance help

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/


You lazy bum.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #4
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Tires? You know that's not the answer he is looking for.

No one here is known to f*ck with an S2000...but look here for performance parts..
http://www.modacar.com/products/Honda/S2000/MODAPP/

and here for performance help

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/


You lazy bum.
ive driven 2 s2000s..one that was stock which was amazing, and with upgraded tires the second was even better! for power get an intake and exhaust, but they will always have that honda lack of torque unless you boost it...car is amazing though my bros is great
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM   #5
crazycarl88
CF Newbie
 
crazycarl88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
how about a 2jz supra motor?

check it out: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...7d0007d017.htm
crazycarl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 AM   #6
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
How about an LS1 instead, its been done.

Id like to see a LSx block and about 750rwhp N/A
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:57 AM   #7
crazycarl88
CF Newbie
 
crazycarl88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
How about an LS1 instead, its been done.

Id like to see a LSx block and about 750rwhp N/A
an ls1 would be awesome, it's just that personally i find the whole sbc swap a little bland. it seems like anytime someone does an engine swap, it's an sbc... it would definitely be awesome, but i'd rather have the turbo 6.

on second thought, screw 'em both... how about a 428 cobra jet? hahaha...
crazycarl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #8
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycarl88
an ls1 would be awesome, it's just that personally i find the whole sbc swap a little bland. it seems like anytime someone does an engine swap, it's an sbc... it would definitely be awesome, but i'd rather have the turbo 6.

on second thought, screw 'em both... how about a 428 cobra jet? hahaha...

Because fords suck and I doubt it would fit, I know for a fact though, that an LSx motor will fit. And everyone does SBCs because they are cheap to make power with. A buddy just finished up his budget 445 LS2 build. 750hp N/A. Lets see a ford do that and still be daily driven
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 02:37 AM   #9
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
How about an LS1 instead, its been done.

Id like to see a LSx block and about 750rwhp N/A
most people do that for the 240sx but would certainly be cool. I still think the engine in the s2000 is crazy..vtec hits so hard its enough to make you swallow your gum
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #10
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!
 
mazda6man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,158
to answer the question...
SPOOOOOOON
www.spoonsports.us
__________________
I = JDM titeness
Toyota 4 Life;
I rock X Chassis Toyotas daily
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #11
calvinnnnn
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 12
well yeah engine swapping would definitely provide the most hp gain but i just meant bolt on's like intakes and exhaust. what kind of brands of intakes and exhausts would be best. sorry if my question was unclear
calvinnnnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinnnnn
well yeah engine swapping would definitely provide the most hp gain but i just meant bolt on's like intakes and exhaust. what kind of brands of intakes and exhausts would be best. sorry if my question was unclear
Get the Fujita intake and Invidia dual exhaust...the exhaust is a bit raspy but its nice

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HiauwoQV0jE
see what you like best
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:35 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.