Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Superchargers, or Turbochargers?
Turbochargers 2 40.00%
Superchargers 4 80.00%
Global warming doesn't exist! 2 40.00%
The Earth is a Burning Ring of Fire! 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #1
DavidReuben
CF Newbie

Superchargers, and Turbochargers!

If theres any one that is in military they might know that the HEMTT(sometimes called Hemits) have a Supercharger with a Turbocharger on top of it which is pretty awsome if you ask me. But here is my question.

Does anyone know of a Turbocharger that is belt driven? By this I mean that on the low end it acts like a Supercharger, and then when the exhaust has enough pressure it then turns the turbine. Kind of like on your bicycle when you peddle it turns the wheel, and then when you don't the wheel spins freely. Then it would act like a Turbocharger on the high end. Thus no Lag, and then you don't lose as much potential because it's not completely driven by the engine.
DavidReuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidReuben
If theres any one that is in military they might know that the HEMTT(sometimes called Hemits) have a Supercharger with a Turbocharger on top of it which is pretty awsome if you ask me. But here is my question.

Does anyone know of a Turbocharger that is belt driven? By this I mean that on the low end it acts like a Supercharger, and then when the exhaust has enough pressure it then turns the turbine. Kind of like on your bicycle when you peddle it turns the wheel, and then when you don't the wheel spins freely. Then it would act like a Turbocharger on the high end. Thus no Lag, and then you don't lose as much potential because it's not completely driven by the engine.
So is the poll even relevent to your question? Just wondered as I didn't notice anything about it in the above post, lol. I like bits of both though. I like the lack of lag in a Supercharger, but there's just something about a Turbo that appars more manly....I voted both though, as I'm undecided. I also moved this.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:08 PM   #3
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Doenst seem like itd work.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #4
DavidReuben
CF Newbie

Yah it might not, I was just sitting around thinking about it, and was just wondering if someone else had thought of the idea. And just out of curiosity, why do you think that it won't work?

I thought of the poll after I posted the thread. I was just wondering which one people thought was better.
DavidReuben is offline   Reply With Quote