Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2007, 01:30 AM   #1
Passerby
CF Newbie

I found an abandoned Nissan 350Z in front of a Kawasaki Shop

I stoped by the Kawasaki/Suzuki shop off the main freeway in Plano Texas. After I bought some hot donuts from Crispy Cremes nearby. While I was walking towards the door of the shop. I spotted an orange car.
It was pretty filthy but I could tell with a little soap and water and some polish it would probably look pretty good.
I inspected it and realized it was a 350Z. I asked the people inside about it and they said it was there all night and they were going to tow it away pretty soon since it was in front of the store and everything.

Alot of you guys may be wondering why no one would steal it. The reason is that people in Texas are generally stupid and they aren't familar with Japanese cars as much as someone from California or somewhere else would. Probably thought it was a dirty cheap import.

Oh and this was 3 or 4 days ago. I don't know if the owner came back or they towed it away.
Passerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:41 AM   #2
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I from texas and trust me I know more about car wether they be japanese or american than you ever will.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:43 AM   #3
Passerby
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
I from texas and trust me I know more about car wether they be japanese or american than you ever will.

I believe you. But didn't Japanese cars just recently start to pop up around here a few years ago?
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #4
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Uh thats a negative.
Ive seen modified import since I could remeber. In the early 90s there was a japanes hp war goin on. Remeber the 3000gt 300zx Supra and RX-7
Old 08-01-2007, 02:10 AM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'm confused. Why would anybody dump a 350Z infront of a shop and just leave it there? Surely even if people in Texas are thick, some would still steal it because it's there.....? Am I missing a secret point to this one somewhere?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:25 AM   #6
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'm confused. Why would anybody dump a 350Z infront of a shop and just leave it there? Surely even if people in Texas are thick, some would still steal it because it's there.....? Am I missing a secret point to this one somewhere?

You're a bit thick. People dump cars, especially nice ones, because they are stolen. And because a nice car is abandoned, you expect someone to steal it? People rarely steal cars...especially from in front an establishment. You go to jail for that. There are police in Texas too.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:12 AM   #7
SPRS4
CF Newbie

Maybe they were confused, considering a California native designed the 350Z. BTW, my wife is originally from Plano. I know that place!
SPRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:15 AM   #8
Passerby
CF Newbie

Quote:
Uh thats a negative.
Ive seen modified import since I could remeber. In the early 90s there was a japanes hp war goin on. Remeber the 3000gt 300zx Supra and RX-7

Yeah, but stuff like that was done and is done by hardcore import geeks. I mean t Japanese cars being recognized by the general public. Back then the only Japanese car company most people knew about was Toyota and I think maybe Honda.
Since more Japanese car companies are increasing their presence in America more people are becoming more aware about cars like the Mitsubishi GTO, Toyota Supra, and Mazda RX-7&8.

But people from Texas are slow at catching on to things. So the recognition of Japanese cars would be even slower among the general population.

A tune shop in Dallas. Jotech said that when they came to North Texas in the mid 1990's there were only dodge chargers and mustangs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
You're a bit thick. People dump cars, especially nice ones, because they are stolen. And because a nice car is abandoned, you expect someone to steal it? People rarely steal cars...especially from in front an establishment. You go to jail for that. There are police in Texas too.

I'm a little slow too. I couldn't figure out why anyone would not steal it. But I guess I overestimated a car thieve's stupidity.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:17 AM   #9
Passerby
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRS4
Maybe they were confused, considering a California native designed the 350Z. BTW, my wife is originally from Plano. I know that place!

Wait are you serious? That can't be possible can it? So you know it because you visit you're wife's relatives who live out here?

Last edited by Passerby : 08-01-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #10
SPRS4
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passerby
Wait are you serious? That can't be possible can it? So you know it because you visit you're wife's relatives who live out here?

Yeah, we visit often and I know of the area. In fact, we will probably be moving to Texas in the next year, but perhaps end up in College station.
SPRS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:43 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
There are police in Texas too.
Obviously not many. I'm guessing the police would have at least stumbled across on their rounds....

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:09 AM   #12
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

How are police supposed to know its abandoned> maybe it isnt there are plenty of other logical explanations
Old 08-02-2007, 12:19 AM   #13
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
How are police supposed to know its abandoned> maybe it isnt there are plenty of other logical explanations
Given the subject in hand, I assumed it was blatantly obvious that it was abandoned. If it wasn't obvious, why would somebody enquire about it at all? You wouldn't enquire about a car that was just parked outside a shop, outside office hours, would you?

Old 08-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #14
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I wouldnt but there are some really dumb people in this world
Old 08-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #15
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

You might think a stereotypical slack-jawed Texan might not know what a 350Z is, but car thieves know cars. Given the ratio of imports to domestics stolen that I hear of, they probably know more about imports.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote