Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
weave41_82
CF Newbie

Shocks suggestions help.

I just got a set of lowering springs for my 93 Eclipse. A friend suggested because its a 1.8 drop that i should probly change my stock shocks out with something a little better, does anyone have any suggestions to a good set of shocks?
weave41_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Hey I would suggest Koni's. They have the shortest body of any of the "bolt on" shocks and won't bottom out like most shocks. That's what I have on my 91 eagle talon tsi with a 1.8 inch drop just like yours. Haven't had any problems with them for 2 years. I know I'm definetly happy with them. You should give them a try.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
weave41_82
CF Newbie

Alright cool thanks, next question lol. I was talking with one of my friends and he suggested that i might have to do something to mitigate the camber that a 1.8 drop would cause. What do you think?

Last edited by weave41_82 : 04-22-2009 at 01:31 AM.
weave41_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave41_82
Alright cool thanks, next question lol. I was talking with one of my friends and he suggested that i might have to do something to mitigate the camber that a 1.8 drop would cause. What do you think?
For a one-inch lowered car, plus or minus one degree of correction should let the car come back to stock specs. For a car dropped two inches or more, the camber adjustments will need to be more dramatic. Since you only dropped your car 1.8 inches your gonna need a little bit of a camber adjustment. If not you shred up your tires...Like I did lol. www.machv.com has a good set of +-1-degree camber adjuster hardware or you can go to www.extremepsi.com they got a +-2-degree adjuster

Old 04-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
weave41_82
CF Newbie

Ok, so im nearing getting around to doing this and after lookin i see that these kits never have a rear set for the 90-94 eclipse. I realize that they come in two's a set for the front and a set for the rear... or so there is for the AWD, But i am not seeing a rear set for the FWD. Does this mean that i do not need to adjust the camber on my front wheel drive car even though my drop is going to be 1.8.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave41_82
Ok, so im nearing getting around to doing this and after lookin i see that these kits never have a rear set for the 90-94 eclipse. I realize that they come in two's a set for the front and a set for the rear... or so there is for the AWD, But i am not seeing a rear set for the FWD. Does this mean that i do not need to adjust the camber on my front wheel drive car even though my drop is going to be 1.8.
Naww your still gonna have to adjust the camber in the front. FWD's, you don't need to adjust the back. It will still be flat on the ground at any measured drop. Reason that AWD models have the rear, you got to remember they have a rear axle and a totally different suspension set up in the back then the FWD's