Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
gaza1725
CF Newbie

Importing european cars from Japan to the Uk.

Hi all i own a rx7 which i imported from Japan because it was just over 10 years old i didn't have to sva test it , my question is i know a friend who imported a newer Land rover i think it was only about 5 years old.
Now he didn't have to sva test it because it was a English made car , does anybody know what other cars fall into this bracket is it only English made cars or European that don't need to be sva tested when importing them back to the uk.
Many thanks
Gaz
gaza1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza1725
Hi all i own a rx7 which i imported from Japan because it was just over 10 years old i didn't have to sva test it , my question is i know a friend who imported a newer Land rover i think it was only about 5 years old.
Now he didn't have to sva test it because it was a English made car , does anybody know what other cars fall into this bracket is it only English made cars or European that don't need to be sva tested when importing them back to the uk.
Many thanks
Gaz
If a car was made in Japan, it wont be road legal on UK roads. Items such as rear foglamps etc wont be installed as standard. I'm assuming your friends Land Rover had all UK spec items already installed. I'm not sure if the Land Rover was ever sold in Japan so my experience is limited, but if he bought it there it was obviously made to our (UK) specification....if that makes sense, lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote