Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
gregu33701
CF Newbie

2007 ranger check engine

my ford rangers check engine light ame on after 19000 mile, at first the dealer said it was simple sensor, that was last week, this week they are going on 3 days and saying that had to emergency order parts , is it my dealer - autoway, or is my ranger a lemon?
gregu33701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregu33701
my ford rangers check engine light ame on after 19000 mile, at first the dealer said it was simple sensor, that was last week, this week they are going on 3 days and saying that had to emergency order parts , is it my dealer - autoway, or is my ranger a lemon?
Do you really expect a coherent answer to a question like that? What were the DTC's? What did the service department do? It's entirely possible that the cause of the illuminated MIL is an elusive, intermittent problem. It's entirely possible that the technician who worked on it previously is incompetent. It's entirely possible that whatever parts need to be replaced are not yet available from Ford. There are simply too many scenarios to pass judgement. Except for this.

Anyone who would ask a question about a technical concern, supply no supporting information and then expect someone else to come to a logical conclusion is a meathead. That I know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote