Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Any cellphone heads?

Anybody here know a good amount about cell phones?

I am looking for a new cingular phone and the iphone is out of question for many reasons including lack of need, glitches, and huge price tag. I have narrowed my choices down to two: Palm Treo 680, Palm Treo 750. Anyone have any experience with either? I know the 750 is newer, but that does not necessarily mean it is better. I have googled customer reviews and they are very mixed so I am having trouble deciding and I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with either.

Just in case anyone wants to know, I need a phone for a good organizer and a good phone (large service area, good call quality, no dropped calls, etc). Having the option of checking e-mail or using microsoft office is nice, but not a concern to me.

Thank you!
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

I have the Verizon Treo 750w (that uses windows mobile instead of the PalmOS). Outstanding phone with great battery life (IIRC it's better than the 650 in that regard). It'll do everything you need it to do, though the camera portion is a little cheezy still. I love the sound on/off switch right on the top of the phone, too.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I have the Verizon Treo 750w (that uses windows mobile instead of the PalmOS). Outstanding phone with great battery life (IIRC it's better than the 650 in that regard). It'll do everything you need it to do, though the camera portion is a little cheezy still. I love the sound on/off switch right on the top of the phone, too.

I will see if Cingular has the 750w so that I can get windows mobile instead of PalmOS. Thanks a lot, Chris!
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote