Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2007, 01:40 AM   #1
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

A Cool Toy. Yamaha YZF-R6

Yeah there is like a tornado warning in my town, one actually touched down, and I'm bored(obviously I can't go outside and drive!) So check this out... I bought it around the same time as the DSM.

I keep it stashed at my moms house. Its alot more safe their and I'm not paying for an extra garage at my apartment. (Yeah it COULD fit in the garage with my car but its a hassle when you have a toolbox and shelves against the walls)

If I can't beat someone in my GSX I usually resort to being a pu**y and getting my motorcycle.
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Lovely bike.....quick too.

Was an R1 too manly for you?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:55 AM   #3
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Lovely bike.....quick too.

Was an R1 too manly for you?

HAHA! You're funny. I'm not experienced enough for a 1000cc motorcycle. I like to air on the side of caution when my life is potentially in jeopardy. Thank you VERY MUCH
Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM   #4
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

First bike I rode that wasnt a dirt bike (used to ride a 2 stroke 500cc) was a race prepped GSX-R 750. My brother won it through a smokeless tobacco raffle on spring break a year or two back. And WOOO kinda blew me away, but the delivery guys (a freelance delivery company) had a key made and came back and stole it.

Im still lookin for an old 500 ninja, not to fast on runs like a 12.3, to learn on so if I lay it down it wont be a big deal. Then after a while If I like having a bike Ill step up to a GSX-R 600.

Buddy of mine (Turbo Scion tC owner) just bought a modified GSX-R 1000, hes retarded, it will be his first sport bike. Too steep a learning curve for me.

He says its got a switch to cut power to that of a 600, its the 2nd time if heard about it but I dont know if they were talking out there ass cause it sounds kind of strange, any one know if that is real?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:41 AM   #5
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

You too soft for the R1 dsmer?

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:04 AM   #6
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

used to have it, love R6 for its handling, sold it, next stop R1
Old 08-25-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekWarrior
You too soft for the R1 dsmer?

Pffft. When you can exceed 150mph on a motorcycle I don't really care what number is behind the letter. R1's are just larger bikes with a higher top end. I don't need to go any faster than 150mph. I can ASSURE you of that.

Besides... I've ridden R1's and the R6 just feels better under my body and thats really all that matters when riding a motorcycle. I'd rather feel more comfortable than be the fastest guy on the block.

(which I'm not because a few of my buddys have Gixxer 1000's, 1000 RR's and R1's. Hell even one of them has a Ducatti .)
Old 09-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #8
varybarry
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
First bike I rode that wasnt a dirt bike (used to ride a 2 stroke 500cc) was a race prepped GSX-R 750. My brother won it through a smokeless tobacco raffle on spring break a year or two back. And WOOO kinda blew me away, but the delivery guys (a freelance delivery company) had a key made and came back and stole it.

Im still lookin for an old 500 ninja, not to fast on runs like a 12.3, to learn on so if I lay it down it wont be a big deal. Then after a while If I like having a bike Ill step up to a GSX-R 600.

Buddy of mine (Turbo Scion tC owner) just bought a modified GSX-R 1000, hes retarded, it will be his first sport bike. Too steep a learning curve for me.

He says its got a switch to cut power to that of a 600, its the 2nd time if heard about it but I dont know if they were talking out there ass cause it sounds kind of strange, any one know if that is real?

A GSX-R 1000 is my dream bike. They're so fast. I have a 750 right now, but I'm thinking of either upgrading my 750 or buying a 1000.
varybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Well now that the 69 is for sale Im seriously considering taking part of the money Ill get from it and buying a used 600 but Im not sure Ill talk myslef into it then back out of it.

Update on the buddy who bought his first bike and it was a GSXR 1000

Hes been driving around on C mode, its like 120 hp or something like that, and he thinks its way too much bike. haha
Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #10
varybarry
CF Newbie

Haha why buy a bike like that and cut the power down. It's such a waste of a fine piece of machinery.
varybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 11:00 PM   #11
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Well it comes with ABC mode stock. The bike shop garaunteed a 200whp dyno when it gets then tune or something is wrong with it.

Thats why he cut the power down. Hes never ridden a sport bike and he doesnt need to be cruising around with a 200hp one.