Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Had an Offer on the 69

Had a 69 Firebird collector come by the house today to look at the car. He tried to act liek he wanted the car but then he made a big deal about being able to get the money to me tommorow.

I think that he thought I didnt know that I have a rare and valuable car, but he left his offer and his number and he wants me to call back as soon as possible.

I think Im gonna tell him to offer me full asking price or no go.

Im kinda pumped but kinda sad, I dont want to see it go but Id love to have the money for some mods and then have some to put in the bank.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
varybarry
CF Newbie

Any details on the offer? I bet it's really bittersweet right now.
varybarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

Sounds like the offer was a little low-balled. What, if I may, did he offer you for it?

If he's rushing to get you to sell, you're probably right in assuming he is doing so to catch you before you get wise to what it's worth. But it sounds to me like you already know. I like this situation because people like that need to be showed up once in a while.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:46 PM   #4
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

I know whats its worth. Its is completely original and completely unrestored (done a few things like brakes rebuilt suspension etc etc etc) . I bought the car 2 years back for 6K from the original owner. It came with EVERY piece of paperwork on the car. It had been garage for the last 22 years and started like twice a month.

The car is rough but in pretty good shape for being unrestored plus the car is pretty dang rare, being an HO car and a convertible, and add in all the documentationa nd it only gets better,

I want 10K and that will allow me to make 4K off of it for doing next to nothing. Then I will have plenty to sell my Z get a local one Ive been looking at and complete the fox body project with money left over to stick in the bank.

He offered 9K, but Im not takin anything les than 10 considering a pontiac collector offered me 14K the first week after I bought it.

And someones gonna say it, I already got back in touch with the collector and he has acquired a 69 conv tran am (1 of 16, 8 manual, 8 auto) so he said he doesnt want another 69 for now.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:52 PM   #5
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

The guy is coming out today to drive it and after driving it Ive decided that if he doesnt want to give me 10K Im gonna boot his ass off my property.

It was fun driving so if he says no Im thinking Ill start restoring it.

But if he does I will have the mustang next week and it will go under the knife.

A quick question for the mustang guys, did any of the 4 cylinders come with the 8.8 rear I figured not but I was just wondering?

If I bought a 4 cyl car would I need to do anything besides the 8.8?