Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #1
pocko5000
CF Newbie

99 Sentra Window Issues

Ok guys, I know there are a lot of problems out there but i would appreciate the help even the slightest. I have a 99 Nissan Sentra Se Limited 2.0. It is a 4 door. Heres the problem, in cold weather or after excessive use the window will not roll up, it will get stuck 3/4's of the way and roll up slow if it does at all (it goes down fine with no problem). It is electronic. I replaced the motor with a new one from the junk yard today, but it did not correct the problem. I did find out though, that the motor is heating up quite a bit, so hot as you can't touch it. I greased the regulator up thinking it was catching some where but that didn't help. I have narrowed it down to either there is some unseen problem with the regulator, or the switch is broken. In the switch housing it has the other windows on it, and they aren't affected though. I could use any ideas. Thanks in advance!

I can try and describe the regulator to any one who wants more info
pocko5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:27 AM   #2
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocko5000
Ok guys, I know there are a lot of problems out there but i would appreciate the help even the slightest. I have a 99 Nissan Sentra Se Limited 2.0. It is a 4 door. Heres the problem, in cold weather or after excessive use the window will not roll up, it will get stuck 3/4's of the way and roll up slow if it does at all (it goes down fine with no problem). It is electronic. I replaced the motor with a new one from the junk yard today, but it did not correct the problem. I did find out though, that the motor is heating up quite a bit, so hot as you can't touch it. I greased the regulator up thinking it was catching some where but that didn't help. I have narrowed it down to either there is some unseen problem with the regulator, or the switch is broken. In the switch housing it has the other windows on it, and they aren't affected though. I could use any ideas. Thanks in advance!

I can try and describe the regulator to any one who wants more info
i would suspect it's still a friction problem. have you tried bridging out the switch to eliminate that?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 AM   #3
pocko5000
CF Newbie

no i haven't i was going to get a new switch and try it tomorrow
Old 09-14-2007, 04:11 AM   #4
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocko5000
no i haven't i was going to get a new switch and try it tomorrow
i wouldn't just go and blindly buy one... but it's your choice i guess. Remember, all a switch is is like touching 2 wires together. I'd try that first and see if the window works once you manually close the circuit.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
pocko5000
CF Newbie

Thanks, I did use the wire idea but the problem isn't showing itself today. I am starting to think it has something to do with the weather striping.