Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
paintless
CF Newbie

interested in selling?

I went to flagstaff over the weekend, my brother drove so I met him in Santa Monica and parked my car on the side of the street for the weekend...
When we came back, I noticed that there was a note on my windshield, so I'm thinking either someone hit my car and was nice enough to leave a note, or my alarm was pissing some residents off over the weekend
I got a great smile when I read what it said, "HI, if you are interested in selling your car, PLEASE give me a call!!!"
score!! I'm not really interested in selling, especially when it still gets attention like this in its current filthy state. But this kind of thing def makes me feel better about driving a 17 year old vw in socal, where everyone makes a judgement on how new/expensive your car is.

anyone else have a car that gets this kind of buzz around town? I get approached everywhere I go by people who love my car, have always wanted one, etc. It makes you feel good, and I was just wondering what other kinds of cars get attention like this... bonus points if it isn't new and/or doesn't cost much (I mean obviously a carrera GT will get you attention, even here in socal)

here's a picture of my little attention whore, a 1990 corrado g60
Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #2
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

My buddies get alot of those notes with their 70's classics, same goes for my brothers Foxbody. Thats a nice VW. There is a VW club out here and there are about 6 of those in my town I see frequently. What are they called Corrados?
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:57 AM   #3
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Yeah it's a vdub corrado and if memory serves me correctly I believe there supercharged. Pretty good little cars esp. the G60.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

The ONLY bonerific V-Dub.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #5
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

They aren't the quickest, but they sure do look nice. Too bad they are FWD though. The whole look of the car just makes it seem like it could be a GREAT rwd sports coupe.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote