Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
oly1951
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Cavalier transmisson badly vibrates in Drive

Hello,

My first post here, looks like a great site.

Am looking a 1994 Chevy Cavaliar RS as a first car for my daughter. A one owner car from a estate, very clean, drives well, has 75,000 miles on it. Has the 4 cylider engine with a automatic tranny and is a front wheel drive.

It also has a couple issues.

When you start it up is idles fine and smooth, as you shift the idle stays the same in reverse and neutral but when it goes into drive a loud vibration starts, the transmission shakes so much the inside plastic dash compoents hum. When you apply the throddle the shaking and vibration ends as the car accelerates, it runs great, and the transmission shifts crisply through all gears. Transmission fluid looks clean and full.

Could it be a broken motor mount? A transmission problem? Any thoughts?

Second problem, although it brakes operate fine the ASB light is on.

Car is priced right but am a little conserned about these problems, any help appericated.

Usually take a car into a local mechanic to be checked out before purchase but he charges $135., and money is tight, hoping to determine if this car is worth the cost of the inspection.

Thanks, oly

Last edited by oly1951 : 09-23-2007 at 10:53 PM.
oly1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly1951
When you start it up is idles fine and smooth, as you shift the idle stays the same in reverse and neutral but when it goes into drive a loud vibration starts, the transmission shakes so much the inside plastic dash compoents hum. When you apply the throddle the shaking and vibration ends as the car accelerates, it runs great, and the transmission shifts crisply through all gears. Transmission fluid looks clean and full.

I am going to assume from this, because of context clues, that you are receiving the vibration and hum when your foot is on the brake pedal depressing it and you are in DRIVE. You sort of hinted around that but did not state it plain and simple. The only time you are receiving the vibration is when you are in this situation, correct? As you stated, the car drives well otherwise and when you are at speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oly1951
: Could it be a broken motor mount? A transmission problem? Any thoughts?

Yes, it could be a motor mount from the description provided. Since, while you are sitting still with the engine running and in DRIVE, you are not spining any extermanl components of the automatic transaxle, the vibration would most likely be the engine mount going bad. It could go bad or be affected in a way that the REVERSE gear is not affected because the engine torques in the other direction when in that gear. Depending on what and how it is worn, various things can be affected when this happens.

I would take the car to a qualified service shop and let an experienced technician make sure there is nothing serious going on though. I can only assist so much on here and only have the data you give me to go off of. Nothing is better than a truely qualified technicians feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oly1951
Second problem, although it brakes operate fine the ASB light is on.

It is the "ABS" light and not "ASB." I correct you on this because many on here that are not informed about cars would not know what ASB is. That is because it isn't. This is something that will need to be checked with a computer system that reads the codes in the computer of the car, specifically the abs controller. Unless you have a catastrophic failure of a component, I would think you have an ABS wheel speed sensor that has probably gone bad or is clogged with debris/grease etc. I have no way to tell you what is wrong here because when an MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) is illuminated, the only correct thing to do is scan the computer. You have to have someone with training, skills and the equipment to do that. Good luck!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
I am going to assume from this, because of context clues, that you are receiving the vibration and hum when your foot is on the brake pedal depressing it and you are in DRIVE. You sort of hinted around that but did not state it plain and simple. The only time you are receiving the vibration is when you are in this situation, correct? As you stated, the car drives well otherwise and when you are at speed.



Yes, it could be a motor mount from the description provided. Since, while you are sitting still with the engine running and in DRIVE, you are not spining any extermanl components of the automatic transaxle, the vibration would most likely be the engine mount going bad. It could go bad or be affected in a way that the REVERSE gear is not affected because the engine torques in the other direction when in that gear. Depending on what and how it is worn, various things can be affected when this happens.

I would take the car to a qualified service shop and let an experienced technician make sure there is nothing serious going on though. I can only assist so much on here and only have the data you give me to go off of. Nothing is better than a truely qualified technicians feedback!



It is the "ABS" light and not "ASB." I correct you on this because many on here that are not informed about cars would not know what ASB is. That is because it isn't. This is something that will need to be checked with a computer system that reads the codes in the computer of the car, specifically the abs controller. Unless you have a catastrophic failure of a component, I would think you have an ABS wheel speed sensor that has probably gone bad or is clogged with debris/grease etc. I have no way to tell you what is wrong here because when an MIL (malfunction indicator lamp) is illuminated, the only correct thing to do is scan the computer. You have to have someone with training, skills and the equipment to do that. Good luck!
well shit you still do come crawlin round don't ya
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #4
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
I would say motor mount, but then again why wouldnt it do it in reverse?? Id check the mounts either way. Is there any kinda of clunk or knock when you press the gas in gear??
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:10 AM   #5
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
well shit you still do come crawlin round don't ya

Hey there, and YES I do. I am not able to be in all the time like some, but I do come in from time to time. I like to respond to the threads with no info. given.

How have you been? I am off to bed, it is 1am here where I am and my arse is TAR'D. Talk lata'!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:16 AM   #6
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
............but then again why wouldnt it do it in reverse??

I explained that in my post from above when I said: "It could go bad or be affected in a way that the REVERSE gear is not affected because the engine torques in the other direction when in that gear. Depending on what and how it is worn, various things can be affected when this happens."

You see, when the transmission is placed in Drive, the entire driveline wants to torque in one direction, and when placed in reverse, it wants to torque in the other. That fact alone can cause some interesting motor mount issues/problems when it comes to problematic mounts. I have a 1996 Grand AM that needs a driver's side mount and when placed in reverse, mine sets up a slight vibration in the entire car, whereas when I am driving and IN drive at idle with foot on the brake, everything is fine. I have not worried about it since I know what it is and the driveability of the car is not compromised other than a vib in reverse. I don't ever go too far in reverse , so it is not a big deal. Too many other things going on. Just an example of what you can be up against. Time for
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #7
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
w/ those cars, the abs light usually turns on b/c the abs unit (i'm tired and can't think of a good name for that pos that's bolted to the master) is bad. there are valves that are only supposed to turn one way, and when the "brake" that keeps it from spinning the opposite way goes bad it spins the nut off of the end of the valve and drops the gear off the shaft. long story short--if you tap on the black bottom cover of the abs unit (preferably w/ something rubber) and you hear a gear rattling around--that's the problem.
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #8
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
w/ those cars, the abs light usually turns on b/c the abs unit is bad.......


Gee whiz, this is the best technical advise I have read all day. So, we are jumping to conclude that the ABS unit is bad? Unlikely! As stated, the first thing to do is scan the system and go from there with troubleshooting and diagnosing the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
(i'm tired and can't think of a good name for that pos that's bolted to the master)

Um, what the "F" does this mean? The pos what, huh, who?
Have you been drinking? I think you need to quit taking bong hits while typing because nothing in this posting makes any technical sense to anyone with half a clue or brain cell. I am sure his ABS light is on because "there are valves that are only supposed to turn one way, and when the "brake" that keeps it from spinning the opposite way goes bad it spins the nut off of the end of the valve and drops the gear off the shaft."

So far on this forum I have seen you relate car names to Harry Potter and ABS light issues to valves with things spining and nuts falling off. All sounds liek a bunch of bologne to me. Perhaps you're in the wrong chat forum? If you are aware of a KNOWN problem with the abs units specifically used in these cars, please research that and do a MUCH better job of articulating it in here so that it might actually help the poor sole with the issue rather than further confuse then when they think they've lost their nuts!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 PM   #9
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
well, jackass. in my time as a ase certified brake technician, i saw more than a few j-bodies and n-bodies with the exact same problem every time the abs light was on. i'm not saying it's the only reason they turn on, but a very common one. that's based on experience, which you evidently do not have, or you would know what i'm talking about. i have to go to work in a few, but will find examples of this issue later. pos refers to "piece of shit". i'm sure there's a more technical name for the abs unit i'm referring to, but it escapes me right now. the harry potter thing was an attempt at levity. give it a shot sometime. if you just came back to explore vw's ass w/ your face and give people shit b/c you don't understand what they're talking about, go the f*ck back to wherever you've been lurking all this time!
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
well, jackass. in my time as a ase certified brake technician, i saw more than a few j-bodies and n-bodies with the exact same problem every time the abs light was on. i'm not saying it's the only reason they turn on, but a very common one. that's based on experience, which you evidently do not have, or you would know what i'm talking about. i have to go to work in a few, but will find examples of this issue later. pos refers to "piece of shit". i'm sure there's a more technical name for the abs unit i'm referring to, but it escapes me right now. the harry potter thing was an attempt at levity. give it a shot sometime. if you just came back to explore vw's ass w/ your face and give people shit b/c you don't understand what they're talking about, go the f*ck back to wherever you've been lurking all this time!

Humor me more you low-class, redneck, blue collar "POS!" I know what a "POS" is, it simply would not be what I would type up in a posting where I was trying to assist someone. It just paints your ass for you though, so I think it just adds to your arguement here. It really sounds great when you are attempting to assist someone. So intelligent sounding! For someone of such experience I would think you might know that. I guess that is just how you are, exuding "class" at every angle! I could have surmised all of this about you just from the pics of your vehicles in your sig. you stupid IDIOT. So tell me, you suddenly found enough brain cells to write up an articulate and half way decent post where you actually could express yourself beyond a third grade education...hence my point in the prior posting!!?? Too bad it is all because you are "offended" at my comments and trying to somehow show me as the stupid one rather than assist the forum member with the problem in an articulate fashion. Anyone with ten firing neurons that goes back and reads your posting would be more on my side in understanding the POINT. They might not like my direct comments, but that's too bad!! I don't embrace MEDIOCRITY like the rest of the country seems to!! What's your education? High school drop out turned ABS specialist? Go F yourself! Furthermore, you have no idea what my experience is just like I don't know yours. I don't give a rat's ass what your's is, my comments are based off of what I read on here. When it is garbage, it is garbage! If you're so smart, how come you look so stupid?

Oh, and speaking to your so-called experience as an ABS brake technician ....my comment in my prior posting "If you are aware of a KNOWN problem with the abs units specifically used in these cars, please research that and do a MUCH better job of articulating it in here so that it might actually help the poor sole with the issue rather than further confuse them when they think they've lost their nuts!" ...... was written to reference the fact that IF YOU had knowledge I did not, to do a MUCH better job of articulating that! Did you have to look that word up in the dictionary or did you get off the sauce long enough to comprehend my choice of verbiage?

The fact of the matter, with all your "experience" and "infinite wisdom" you claim to have, is that you wrote up a half baked / piss poor posting and I called you on it. It read, to anyone without car knowledge, as if a 3rd grader playing with tinker toys wrote it up talking about valves and nuts and gears falling off that POS bolted to the master! UM YEAH, whatever dipsh__!! You could not even think of the words you needed to MAKE YOUR POINT. Sorry you are offended because I recognize all of this and called you on it, guess what? I couldn't give any LESS of a sh__! You can stick all of your recommendations to me straight up your a$$hole and light them on fire! Obviously, ANYONE with the experience you claim to have would be able to recommend to a customer a much better method of diagnosing the issue in a MUCH MORE educated/intelligent fashion than you obviously chose. Reading what you typed I am supposed to think that came from an EDUCATED professional with experience? You don't fool me.

You just don't like VW because he is like me, we don't like BS, don't put up with it and have NO problems calling it out. What's funny to me is that you write up that garbage the other day, then come on and seem to be able to compose yourself when it is time to "get even with me." I love it, run your low-class, blue collar mouth off and humor me somemore!!!!! I bet your one of those dumba$$es that voted for George W. Bush too didn't you ahole? You just EXUDE intelligence in all fashions! Keep up the GOOD WORK sh_tstick!
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #11
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Humor me more you low-class, redneck, blue collar "POS!" I know what a "POS" is, it simply would not be what I would type up in a posting where I was trying to assist someone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Um, what the "F" does this mean? The pos what, huh, who?

apologies for taking your attempt at smartassery for genuine ignorance of colloquilaisms.... who knew?




Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
It just paints your ass for you though, so I think it just adds to your arguement here. It really sounds great when you are attempting to assist someone. So intelligent sounding! For someone of such experience I would think you might know that. I guess that is just how you are, exuding "class" at every angle! I could have surmised all of this about you just from the pics of your vehicles in your sig. you stupid IDIOT. So tell me, you suddenly found enough brain cells to write up an articulate and half way decent post where you actually could express yourself beyond a third grade education...hence my point in the prior posting!!?? Too bad it is all because you are "offended" at my comments and trying to somehow show me as the stupid one rather than assist the forum member with the problem in an articulate fashion. Anyone with ten firing neurons that goes back and reads your posting would be more on my side in understanding the POINT. They might not like my direct comments, but that's too bad!! I don't embrace MEDIOCRITY like the rest of the country seems to!! What's your education? High school drop out turned ABS specialist? Go F yourself! Furthermore, you have no idea what my experience is just like I don't know yours. I don't give a rat's ass what your's is, my comments are based off of what I read on here. When it is garbage, it is garbage! If you're so smart, how come you look so stupid?

to be honest, for the average joe asking a question on this forum the intricate details of WHY something goes bad (unless the failure was effected by something else that needs to be addressed) is on a need to know basis. he doesn't need to know all the details, because he's not going to rebuild the abs unit himself. hell he might just black tape the abs light--who knows... i've been out of the brake sweatshop for over 3 years now, so sorry as shit that i can no longer impart information THAT YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW at the drop of a hat these days. do you have a better suggestion based on all your experience w/ these?


Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Oh, and speaking to your so-called experience as an ABS brake technician ....my comment in my prior posting "If you are aware of a KNOWN problem with the abs units specifically used in these cars, please research that and do a MUCH better job of articulating it in here so that it might actually help the poor sole with the issue rather than further confuse them when they think they've lost their nuts!" ...... was written to reference the fact that IF YOU had knowledge I did not, to do a MUCH better job of articulating that! Did you have to look that word up in the dictionary or did you get off the sauce long enough to comprehend my choice of verbiage?

The fact of the matter, with all your "experience" and "infinite wisdom" you claim to have, is that you wrote up a half baked / piss poor posting and I called you on it. It read, to anyone without car knowledge, as if a 3rd grader playing with tinker toys wrote it up talking about valves and nuts and gears falling off that POS bolted to the master! UM YEAH, whatever dipsh__!! You could not even think of the words you needed to MAKE YOUR POINT. Sorry you are offended because I recognize all of this and called you on it, guess what? I couldn't give any LESS of a sh__! You can stick all of your recommendations to me straight up your a$$hole and light them on fire! Obviously, ANYONE with the experience you claim to have would be able to recommend to a customer a much better method of diagnosing the issue in a MUCH MORE educated/intelligent fashion than you obviously chose. Reading what you typed I am supposed to think that came from an EDUCATED professional with experience? You don't fool me.

you're just pissed b/c you don't even know what one of those units looks like...

actually i recall the test of tapping on the bottom cover in a bulletin that we used to get in the shop... you apparently have no business giving people advice yourself if you haven't heard of some the ridiculous sounding tests that the automakers advocate... ever heard of the "bash test" (no shit--that's what they call it in the bulletin) for chevy c/k truck ecms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
You just don't like VW because he is like me, we don't like BS, don't put up with it and have NO problems calling it out. What's funny to me is that you write up that garbage the other day, then come on and seem to be able to compose yourself when it is time to "get even with me." I love it, run your low-class, blue collar mouth off and humor me somemore!!!!! I bet your one of those dumba$$es that voted for George W. Bush too didn't you ahole? You just EXUDE intelligence in all fashions! Keep up the GOOD WORK sh_tstick!

actually i don't have any problems w/ the hobo. i was just referring to your brownnosing in another post i saw on here...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #12
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
Well, PCMs do go bad but I have never experienced it myself. Are any MIL's tripping the CEL to come on? I would make DAMN sure that all troubleshooting is exhausted before spending the money. That will not be cheap I am sure as the new computer will have to match the VIN due to electronics and circuits that only that car comes with.

you're giving ME shit for being vague? how is a light going to trip itself? i'm pretty sure you mean dtc's but i'm suuuuure you already know that....
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:54 AM   #13
cmeseadoin
CF Freak
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
you're giving ME shit for being vague? how is a light going to trip itself? i'm pretty sure you mean dtc's but i'm suuuuure you already know that....

Actually, that is my mistake in typing that you decided to point out....which is fine as I am not perfect and make mistakes....willingly admitting it.....it should have read:

"Are there any MILs tripping or is the CEL coming on?" I'm sorry, I won't spend much time stressing over my one sentence f-up when we all read the following from you the other night:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
w/ those cars, the abs light usually turns on b/c the abs unit (i'm tired and can't think of a good name for that pos that's bolted to the master) is bad. there are valves that are only supposed to turn one way, and when the "brake" that keeps it from spinning the opposite way goes bad it spins the nut off of the end of the valve and drops the gear off the shaft. long story short--if you tap on the black bottom cover of the abs unit (preferably w/ something rubber) and you hear a gear rattling around--that's the problem.
hmmmmmmmm, ok!

Could you please explain "dtc" to me? I'm afraid I don't understand as someone like me would be "oh just COMPLETELY clueless." Does it mean "Data Transmission Corridor," or perhaps "Dumb Tittie Cunt," or maybe DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE? Oh wait, I think it is the latter!

Just LOOK at you now Mr. cunning linguist. Hmm, got yourself together and actually composed something! Amazing what laying off the bong will do for you! Congratulations!

I don't brown nose VW, LOL, that is laughable. I might praise him and that is because I TOTALLY agree with his perspective on things! I don't need to brown-nose anyone with my position, I can assure you. I just don't have any issues with calling out BS just like he doesn't.
__________________
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2002 Pontiac Trans AM Ram Air WS-6, 1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 2002 Durango 5.9 R/T, 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4, 1994 Ford Taurus SHO 3.2L, 1976 Buick 225 Limited, 1992 Miata, 2008 Miata.

Other toys: 2003 Honda Superhawk 996 sportbike, 2007 Suzuki M109R cruiser, 2006 Kawasaki KLR 650, 1996 and 1997 Sea Doo GSX limited watercraft.
cmeseadoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #14
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeseadoin
I don't brown nose VW, LOL, that is laughable. I might praise him and that is because I TOTALLY agree with his perspective on things! I don't need to brown-nose anyone with my position, I can assure you. I just don't have any issues with calling out BS just like he doesn't.

your position? is that the "swinging from hobo's nuts" position?

so what you're saying is you're all the asshole vw is (and he is a self professed anal orifice) with none of the knowledge... am i following correctly?


go back to wherever you've been hiding the last few years. seriously. nobody has missed you and you offer nothing except the obvious in technical info...

so improve the forum by leaving...

and before you impugn my technical info on this forum, let's compare what i've added to it vs. what you've added to it. i'm sure i'm not the MOST helpful person on this forum, but i'm not like you. you're typing just to hear the keys click...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:28 AM   #15
dodger65
I know more than Wally...
 
dodger65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: U.S. - Midwest
Posts: 2,117
if you really have a burning desire to understand what i know, this will give you a breif overview.

http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

note the trouble codes that refer to the emb motors free spinning/not locking...
__________________
"Everyone is someone else's weirdo"

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.