Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 PM   #1
boothe
CF Addict

Oktoberfest

I really want to go...
yes, I'm too late for this year but I a friend sent me this video and now I get all excited about it again!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7bel1yA4sMY
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

There's an Oktoberfest about 3 hours from where I live, but you have to be old enough to drink (19)...One member from these Forums is probably getting drunk off his ass there right now. He'll tell you who he is if he wants to lol.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 AM   #3
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
There's an Oktoberfest about 3 hours from where I live, but you have to be old enough to drink (19)...One member from these Forums is probably getting drunk off his ass there right now. He'll tell you who he is if he wants to lol.
Wonder who that could be? I got back on Monday, so I'm good by now. One lady we were talking to said that she liked the Canadian Oktoberfest better than the real one, which really surprised me. Most halls only had 4 or 5 different beers, and they were only macrobrews (lots of Molson) not a single micro. However the schnitzel and fresh-made beer nuts made up for it. Not what I expected at all, but still a great time and the people there were wicked friendly. Maybe I'll ad a new pic of me in my Alpine hat tomorrow.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
boothe
CF Addict

My friends and I have been talking about going next year...and booking soon since everything books up so early for it. I only recently heard that Canada has its own and have heard great things so I might add that to my list of things to do one day too :-)

Either way I have been wanting to get back to Germany. I was 10 years old last time I was there...I remember going to a beer garden but don't remember enough to know if it was anything close to that video. Obviously swimming pools aren't full of beer but I wouldn't mind the big steins of beer being unlimited!
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote