Civic Si Sedan 6 46.15%
Honda fit sport 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 04:51 AM   #16
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
What would a test drive hurt then man, and so you know the drivetrain is pretty much bullet proof at stock power level in the car, and the rears are fine unless modded with some sticky tires.
Because nothing will convince me to get the car anyway. I just dont like them, they feel very cheap to me, especially the interior
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 AM   #17
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
how many people do you know with Australian cars? Or are you assuming they're the same as American?
I will not buy a corvette, or a camaro, or a mustang, or a gto, etc. I just dont like them, end of story. Same as I dont like VW and audi and the likes because of their constant problems. I like jap cars.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:07 AM   #18
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
how many people do you know with Australian cars? Or are you assuming they're the same as American?

Normally I'd tell someone to go with the Civic, but I'll make a special exception this time.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:09 AM   #19
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Because nothing will convince me to get the car anyway. I just dont like them, they feel very cheap to me, especially the interior
By saying that, you have obvoiusly never been in a GTO and are blinded by the ignorant generalizations of american cars.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:20 AM   #20
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
By saying that, you have obvoiusly never been in a GTO and are blinded by the ignorant generalizations of american cars.
I just dont like them...everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Id rock a vette but its not practical for my situation, nor is it affordable now lets try to stick to topic

Last edited by newyorker : 10-15-2007 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #21
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Everyone I know has some problems with them, more than mine anyway
Quote:
I just dont like them...everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but you tried to back up your opinion with "evidence". The problem is not that you don't like them, it's your contradictory reasoning for not liking them.

And you'd be hard pressed to make me fork out that sort of coin for a new jazz. If it MUST be from those two, then civic. But only if affordable. If it's not, I'd be getting something else. Maybe slightly older.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #22
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
while ive thought of that option as well, my car isnt that reliable. Im replacing my transmission this week, at 116k miles, and they will keep on rolling up and up and up. there are just constant little annoyances I have with this car. rattles, reliability issues, comfort, etc.etc. that and my mpg isnt that great and is consistently dropping

EDIT: take for example if i have to replace my motor, in this car it wouldnt be worth it, and i wouldnt get shit with a blown motor, so id basically be left with a car that i could have gotten 4500-5000 for sitting in my driveway not worth anything and have to pay for the new car without the money that i would have put down from selling this one..its a tough decision

Buddy, after high school and through college I drove an '89 Pontiac Sunbird, an '88 Acura Integra and an '88 Mazda 323. "Constant little annoyances" sounds like princess talk to me. Just get over it and and don't drive your car like an asshole, which we all know you do. If you rev it to 7000 every shift, and ram into every gear of course you're going to wreck your transmission and blow your motor. Learn to drive properly, and your Honda Civic, an ultra reliable car, will last. You already boasted this week about your amazing parking ability, time to expand on that.

I'll vote for the third option when you put it in.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #23
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Buddy, after high school and through college I drove an '89 Pontiac Sunbird, an '88 Acura Integra and an '88 Mazda 323. "Constant little annoyances" sounds like princess talk to me. Just get over it and and don't drive your car like an asshole, which we all know you do. If you rev it to 7000 every shift, and ram into every gear of course you're going to wreck your transmission and blow your motor. Learn to drive properly, and your Honda Civic, an ultra reliable car, will last. You already boasted this week about your amazing parking ability, time to expand on that.

I'll vote for the third option when you put it in.
You have a point there. I drove it to school today normally, and it drives great. I may just get this all fixed, while they are in there replace the clutch, and then get the shop to do my timing belt, water pump and tensioners, fix the alternator belt whine, and check the interior to secure those little rattles, as well as get a valve adjustment at the dealership (a buddy works there he wont **** my car up) and ride her out. I wouldnt want to spend ~1500 on maintenance and sell it for a loss, especially since I wont get much, the car has frame damage

Old 10-16-2007, 03:52 AM   #24
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
My friend has a 5.0 95 mustang gt an gets like 8 in the city 14 highway I realize its probbably not the same motor but whatever
I'm getting high teens city (high of 18.7 or something) and almost 30 hwy with the LS1 and an auto, and my driving can be "spirited". I'm sick of people assuming they're inneficient dinosaurs, when their Hondas that weigh a lot less and have way less power aren't doing much better. I'm not talking about you NYer, just people in general.

If you don't like the cars that's your thing. I don't see why people are giving you crap for it. Different strokes and so on.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #25
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

I would get the Fit given those two choices. Realistically between the two neither are cars your most likely going to want to keep into your thirtees or even mid-low 20's. The fit is cheaper so it is a better choice imho. That way you can save the money for something nicer than you could normally afford later down the line.

Personally I think those are both bad choices. Not because of make or anything like that. Simply because Mainly because I believe spending money on a new car is silly for a teenager/college student. Your paying dearly just to suck up a couple of years of depreciation. Seems like such a waste. Ontop of that, your talking about buying an econobox. To me (in my opinion) there is no difference between a new or a used economy car, they are both mediocre performers at best. Its the same thing. I wouldn't buy an economy car personally, but if I did, it would be used. Imho your much better off getting a used 300zx, MN12, Fox Stang, Porsche 944, etc. They are all ALOT cheaper, ALOT more upmarket, and have a ton more potential.

If your really die hard into japanese cars, get the 300zx, you won't be dissapointed. The NA version gets around quickly enough for most people and they are very elegant. They are a pain in the ass though and they aren't necessarily the most reliable of the bunch. Another choice is the 3rd gen supra, but they are very much outclassed by the Z32, same goes for the 3000GT.

Quote:
I dont know how your buddy gets that much mpg either hes full of it or somethin with the car must be wrong. My friend has a 5.0 95 mustang gt an gets like 8 in the city 14 highway I realize its probbably not the same motor but whatever

Stop being a fan boy. Just say you don't like American cars and move on. Don't try to justify it with BS evidence. The Camaros were rated at 28mpg EPA highway or something similar. EPA lowers their ratings 22% also to better reflect reality. It is true that the Camaros get that kind of mileage. They have double over drive and cruise freeway speed at something like 1500rpm. That fact, not fiction so it really don't matter what you think it wrong, because it isn't. Just say you don't like them because your biased or whatever reason, just don't try and justify it with BS.

PS. Your friend needs to slow down or get his vehicle fixed. Its pretty damn difficult to pull anything below 15mpg average in a 5.0L Mustang unless your taking 1 mile trips all the time and flooring it everywhere. The 5.0L Mustangs were rated at 25mpg highway... seeing as my brother and I both have 5.0L Fords I can atest that it is indeed quite common to get in excess of 25mpg on the freeway in a maintained (not even well maintained) 5.0L.

Last edited by rudypoochris : 10-16-2007 at 05:49 AM.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #26
Spanky2324
JDM LOL

Just stick with your civic stop dropping the clutch. Replace the tranny. Hondas last a really really long time. I drove over 30 miles on a blow radiator so your honda should last a really long time. If your gonna replace the motor might as well throw in one of those other silly honda motors in.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:57 PM   #27
What
Banned

Quote:
I just dont like them(GTO), they feel very cheap to me, especially the interior

I understand that this is your opinion an all but the GTO's interior as very, very, very, very nice considering the price they are selling for used. Sport-luxury level, and in my opinion, better than a C-Class Mercedes.

Just for us, go test out a GTO. GTO's are like the super-bargain used car out right now. They sell cheap purely because it doesn't look like it's packing 350-400 hp. COMFORTABLE. FAST. LUXURIOUS. SPACIOUS. CHEAP. Reliable? From what I know, they've been reliable.

JUST F*CKING TRY IT!!!!!! It never hurts to KNOW something instead of taking a misguided guess. You f*cking idiot. You're such a child not ready to make decisions.

GTO Interior

A Dumbass Civic

YAWN.....here's a bitch....oh, umm.....FIT

Damn those back-rests look stiff and upright. I think I could squeeze one of my nuts back there. Super-soaker skeet skeet everywhere it's so small back here I WET IT ALL BITCH!!

GTO PERFORMANCE NUMBERS
HP: starts at 350...that's all you need to know.

Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si
HP: 197.00 HP
Torque: 139.00 Ft-Lbs
Moral Victory Stat: 98.5 BHP/Liter

Fit = dnf

To me, the Fit sucks. The Civic is a nice, decent car for the "safe" guy or a girl. The GTO is the bargain of the century. That's my opinion. Si insurance rates are sky-f*cking-high. But Geico, it's not that fast!! Doesn't that read Si bitch!!! ZOOM ZOOM OR WHATEVER YOUR SLOGAN IS!!! ZOOOOM ZOOOOOOM BITCH THEN GIMME THAT!! KIDS BUY IT TO RACE AND GET IT STOLEN!!! YOU MUTHAF*CKERS NEVER LOCK YOUR DOORS!!! YOU PARK IN BAD NEIGHBORHOODS TO PARTY AT 3a.m.!!! YOU ZOOOM ZOOOOOOM IN FRONT THE WROOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG MUTHAF*CKERS!!! SAY SIR!!!! CAN I GET SOME WATER FOR THAT!!!!

Last edited by What : 10-16-2007 at 11:08 PM.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:26 AM   #28
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
I understand that this is your opinion an all but the GTO's interior as very, very, very, very nice considering the price they are selling for used. Sport-luxury level, and in my opinion, better than a C-Class Mercedes.

Just for us, go test out a GTO. GTO's are like the super-bargain used car out right now. They sell cheap purely because it doesn't look like it's packing 350-400 hp. COMFORTABLE. FAST. LUXURIOUS. SPACIOUS. CHEAP. Reliable? From what I know, they've been reliable.

JUST F*CKING TRY IT!!!!!! It never hurts to KNOW something instead of taking a misguided guess. You f*cking idiot. You're such a child not ready to make decisions.

He's obviously never been in a GTO, he's just making generalizations. He used to drive a Pontiac 6000, what do you expect.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:48 AM   #29
newyorker
MXman

Hey, What I have an idea. Go **** yourself and the GTO. I DONT LIKE THEM, i never did, never will!! By the way, id love to see a GTO stick a corner like the Si can. no ammount of pictures you post will change my mind, so congrats for wasting 20 minutes of your life in making that post

Old 10-17-2007, 04:03 AM   #30
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
OK so im 19 years old and in college, transferring to a school that is downtown next year so im gona be driving quite a few miles every week and I want to get a new car, and I have boiled my options down to 2, and they are quite different

My school will be 20 miles away, one way, plus work travel, and 5 days a week, I anticipate ~300 miles a week, and having a car that is reliable, comfortable, and affordable is a must.

Option 1. Honda Civic Si Sedan Fiji Blue-$21,290
Option 2. Honda Fit Sport 5-speed manual Vivid Blue Pearl-$15,190

I will have a downpayment of about 7000 dollars hopefully, so that should help with payments. The car will be financed so it will need full insurance coverage as well. I make decent money at work, and will be able to afford both, but the Si I will have little money left over, and thats my drawback with the Si, as well as the added fuel bills

Civic Si Sedan -
Pros: Look, performance, value, great aftermarket support for future.
Cons: Price, MPG, insurance costs

Honda Fit Sport-
Pros: Practical, MPG, price, roomy, I think it looks great, sport package comes with all features I need
Cons: 109 horsepower so I might get bored but I hear the car is fun

What would YOU do.

Quote:
Hey, What I have an idea. Go **** yourself and the GTO. I DONT LIKE THEM, i never did, never will!! By the way, id love to see a GTO stick a corner like the Si can. no ammount of pictures you post will change my mind, so congrats for wasting 20 minutes of your life in making that post

First of all, you must be very specific and clear in what you want. That requires, of course, that you know what you want yourself. Do you want something economical, reliable, and affordable....or something that takes a quick corner?

I'm not sure which school you're transferring to, but there are a few things I can say on what it's like to work and go to school downtown in Philadelphia.

1) Traffic is a b*tch. There is simply no way I can stress this. I can get to Penn in 25 minutes without traffic but it can take me an hour 15 to drive there during rush hour. Therefore, I would STRONGLY advise you to make sure that a manual is what you want. Sure it feels sporty and powerful, but you want economy and reliability, right? You will be shifting every 5-10 seconds in traffic. This is not only not good for your trans, but is also EXTREMELY annoying. Perhaps getting a manual AFTER you graduate sounds better.

2) I don't really like either of the two cars you posted, but of them, I would go with the Fit. I don't think it's very good looking and the interior looks very boring, but it is considerably cheaper, more gas friendly, and cheaper to ensure. You will save a LOT of money, which is a priority in college. Since you like how it looks (to each his own) I don't see the negative of it for you. Speed won't be an issue as you will rarely find much room to use it. Only go with an Si if you care about it's mod potential.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote