FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which would you get
Civic Si Sedan 6 46.15%
Honda fit sport 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 04:52 AM   #31
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

I think What said that like an asshole and is obviously quite immature or just down right uncouth, but I do agree with the majority of his points.

The fact of the matter is that you like Hondas now. So your going to get one regardless, fine. I have a suspicion when your 22-25 your going to look back on the decision and be like "wtf".

So as merely some recommendation, if it MUST be new, and it MUST be one of those two, just get the Fit, save the money for later, and "cut your losses" so to speak. You'll thank me later when you have an extra $5,000 in the bank which incidently can buy you a really nice, powerful, upmarket, late model car that has already gone through its depreciation. Eventually you will realize your making choices like "I could get this new 100hp FWD Econobox OR I could afford TWO 300hp Twin turbo Sports car, such as the 300zx" and once that sinks in, maybe you'll get it. I'll tell you now, in 3-4 years just one of the 300zx's will even be worth more than the Fit...
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:17 AM   #32
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
First of all, you must be very specific and clear in what you want. That requires, of course, that you know what you want yourself. Do you want something economical, reliable, and affordable....or something that takes a quick corner?

I'm not sure which school you're transferring to, but there are a few things I can say on what it's like to work and go to school downtown in Philadelphia.

1) Traffic is a b*tch. There is simply no way I can stress this. I can get to Penn in 25 minutes without traffic but it can take me an hour 15 to drive there during rush hour. Therefore, I would STRONGLY advise you to make sure that a manual is what you want. Sure it feels sporty and powerful, but you want economy and reliability, right? You will be shifting every 5-10 seconds in traffic. This is not only not good for your trans, but is also EXTREMELY annoying. Perhaps getting a manual AFTER you graduate sounds better.

2) I don't really like either of the two cars you posted, but of them, I would go with the Fit. I don't think it's very good looking and the interior looks very boring, but it is considerably cheaper, more gas friendly, and cheaper to ensure. You will save a LOT of money, which is a priority in college. Since you like how it looks (to each his own) I don't see the negative of it for you. Speed won't be an issue as you will rarely find much room to use it. Only go with an Si if you care about it's mod potential.
Well it might not even boil down to that im gona have to drop like 500 for transmission repair next week so I may not even want to sell if I see the car is otherwise sound. I dont mind the manual, ive seen my share of traffic and trust me its not that bad, and i dont think its bad for the trans just wears the clutch a bit quicker, but its nothing that is noticable. I kinda have everything I NEED in my car, the new car would just satisfy the WANT portion of my life, but may also give me $$ problems and force me to take out student loans instead of paying for school as im working through the semester. I hate to say it but I dont know yet
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #33
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well it might not even boil down to that im gona have to drop like 500 for transmission repair next week so I may not even want to sell if I see the car is otherwise sound. I dont mind the manual, ive seen my share of traffic and trust me its not that bad, and i dont think its bad for the trans just wears the clutch a bit quicker, but its nothing that is noticable. I kinda have everything I NEED in my car, the new car would just satisfy the WANT portion of my life, but may also give me $$ problems and force me to take out student loans instead of paying for school as im working through the semester. I hate to say it but I dont know yet

You just solved the riddle yourself dummy, KEEP YOUR CAR!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 AM   #34
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
By the way, id love to see a GTO stick a corner like the Si can.
go searching on youtube or wherever for the top gear episode with the gto
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM   #35
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
go searching on youtube or wherever for the top gear episode with the gto
it doesnt exist

Old 10-17-2007, 03:33 PM   #36
What
Banned

Quote:
it doesnt exist
GTO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzRfQCt0GA

Lapped (in the wet) the Top Gear test track faster than a Ferrari 575.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #37
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
GTO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzRfQCt0GA

Lapped (in the wet) the Top Gear test track faster than a Ferrari 575.
I assure you the Monaro is not the same GTO we have it may be the same car but i guarantee there are differences. Besides a Ferrari is a ferrari, a GTO is just a pontiac. If you want to go fast and dont care about how you look, buy the GTO. Id rather look like I have taste and have a sophisticated car like a ferrari. I do not like american cars...just get over it

Last edited by newyorker : 10-17-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 PM   #38
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

So you would like to show you have taste by buying a Fit or an Si. Interesting... GTO vs. Fit or Si. Hmmmm tough one. Be real.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #39
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
So you would like to show you have taste by buying a Fit or an Si. Interesting... GTO vs. Fit or Si. Hmmmm tough one. Be real.
I wasnt comparing the Si/Fit to the GTO. He compared it to the 575 ferrari...

Old 10-17-2007, 10:53 PM   #40
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

*never mind*
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 PM   #41
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

Merely pointing out that you mention taste as an attribute you value. Which contradicts with your proposed selections. You could get something a few years old that is nice and elegant, or you could get a new Honda. Just found it ironic.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 PM   #42
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:

First he didnt compare the cars, just the lap times, and the GTO Won, so EAT IT.

Second Your about as intelligent as a bushel of pubic hair.

The monaro and GTO are the same cars, minus the cabins being flipped and a new body. THEY ARE THEY SAME YOU TOOL.

Now go cry cause you look like a dumbass. Your just an ignorant little ricer, I hear the same ****in excuses everday" Well my honda isnt set up for drag racing but ill eat you in the corners." Dont forget your honda has its roots all tied up in an economy car.

Your retarded for not even wanting to consider a car that will outcorner, out accelerate, and be all around nicer, with more potential for power and less money than your gay SI.

You should just stop and say guys "Im ****ing retarded I make shit up about other cars so I feel better about my honda, sorry"
Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 PM   #43
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
I assure you the Monaro is not the same GTO we have it may be the same car but i guarantee there are differences.

what, because we cut bonnet scoops into it because that's what they thought the old school GTO crowd would like?

Differences:
minor cosmetic changes
you drive it from the wrong side......

....... got any others for me? And don't just say "yes, there are differences". You "assured" me, so you must know what at least some of them are.

[EDIT]: And they're obviously performance related, or you wouldn't make the distinction based on the video.... which showed an HSV GTO Coupe' anyway.

If it makes you feel more vindicated that these few cosmetic changes make it an American car ..... sure ... what the hell, go for it. Doesn't make you right though.

Last edited by windsonian : 10-18-2007 at 12:25 AM.
windsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #44
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
First he didnt compare the cars, just the lap times, and the GTO Won, so EAT IT.

Second Your about as intelligent as a bushel of pubic hair.

The monaro and GTO are the same cars, minus the cabins being flipped and a new body. THEY ARE THEY SAME YOU TOOL.

Now go cry cause you look like a dumbass. Your just an ignorant little ricer, I hear the same ****in excuses everday" Well my honda isnt set up for drag racing but ill eat you in the corners." Dont forget your honda has its roots all tied up in an economy car.

Your retarded for not even wanting to consider a car that will outcorner, out accelerate, and be all around nicer, with more potential for power and less money than your gay SI.

You should just stop and say guys "Im ****ing retarded I make shit up about other cars so I feel better about my honda, sorry"
Il take the new Si over the GTO thanks. I prefer a car that is not pieced together with just snapon plastics, and has primitive engineering. Now you can eat my nuts, cause maybe to you getting the most power for your dollar is important, but to some people not looking like someone with poor taste is important as well..thats why they buy imports, not rattly domestic cars (in this case australian). The only domestic cars I liked were the ones pre 1990s, new stuff is shitty with a few exceptions. Import cars have a quality feel, domestics feel like they are just slapped together with no concern for quality at all, the material choices arent there, etc.

Last edited by newyorker : 10-18-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:23 AM   #45
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Il take the new Si over the GTO thanks. I prefer a car that is not pieced together with just snapon plastics, and has primitive engineering. Now you can eat my nuts, cause maybe to you getting the most power for your dollar is important, but to some people not looking like someone with poor taste is important as well..thats why they buy imports, not rattly domestic cars (in this case australian). The only domestic cars I liked were the ones pre 1990s, new stuff is shitty with a few exceptions. Import cars have a quality feel, domestics feel like they are just slapped together with no concern for quality at all, the material choices arent there, etc.
you're still making generalisations that don't make sense.

stop using the words domestic and import when you're talking about 2 imports.
And it's usually the Japanese type cars that are accused of being plastic, not larger V8's.... or so my experience runs.