Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which would you get
Civic Si Sedan 6 46.15%
Honda fit sport 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #61
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Whatever you think of me personally, that doesn't stop me from getting results. And....AND....this doesn't have unity with my previous sentence but AND....I don't see how I can't "see past" those things you listed...like they dominate my life or something.

I haven't driven my Mustang in more than 2 weeks, I don't know where my knives are right now and it's not much of a collection...AND....AND...my girlfriend is real...you just want more pics of her.

Look how cute her little African-American toes are!!!





What great things have I done? PLENTY.

As for charity related things, I'm a nice guy. Very dependable, very giving. I'd help you. Oh, you ever heard of Hurricane Katrina? Guess who was there the first day at 6a.m. helping muthaf*ckers empty they refrigerator? Guess who? You seen those dirty people walking through water? I chauffeured some of them to there destroyed properties...I didn't know them!

Red Cross? Blood? Bitch, after the hurricane, Red Cross was LIVING IN MY APARTMENT. Not my momma's house, my shit. Red Cross people from out of state had no where to sleep because of over-booked housing, and I volunteered my apt on a sign-in sheet at the Red-Cross shelter, got a call, and for THREE WEEKS people lived at my place until a hotel was ready for them. I slept where? They didn't ask. Red Cross payed for my month's rent though...but that's not the point...who volunteers there living space? I do. They could have been f*ckin' and rollin' dice in my bed. Wait...wait...where'd that dude live when he came down for business because his bitch-ass didn't like his hotel? You know, the "soft-porn" king?


During the re-build period...f*ck it let's get to the point.


I have 2 statements for you.

1. Not you or anyone else you know is me, so don't compare you or anyone else you know...to me.
2. ...and if you ain't me then who the f*ck are you?*


*quote from "What" 2007


----------------------------------------------------------


I'm not recommending he buy anything, I just want him to test drive a GTO to rid himself of his foolish mindset. I feel the best thing he can do is keep his car...which is what he will do...per post #32 of this thread.
Still immature. Dont worry, keep being a loser and a scumbag, the karma train will hit you hard, and I hope in your case its a bullet to the head. By the way nice pic..its good to see that "I love what" has a pedicure done regularly
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:05 AM   #62
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Hes bitching about cheap interiors and he drives a used base model civic, and i talking about a FIT. DAMN
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 AM   #63
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Oh and so you know your SI will probably get shitty economy for what it is, It will cruise around at an insanely high rpm.

The fit is made solely for economy so it is a lil better
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 AM   #64
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Hes bitching about cheap interiors and he drives a used base model civic, and i talking about a FIT. DAMN
Nothing has fallen off lol unlike a lot of cars i know...and there are no huge gaps between panels
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #65
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 114
Dude what are you talking about. I have own and do own both imports and domestics. There isn't some magic American assembly line issue where panel gaps are added an extra 1/8" wider. Stop being such a tard man. Seriously. All of the comments I typically here about this stuff are so dumb.

"Its reliable because it is Japanese"
"American interiors are all plastic"
"It makes alot of HP/liter"
"American cars fall apart at 100,000 miles"
"American panels have an extra 1/8" gap"

Come on. Both countries make fine cars of varying quality. The fact of the matter is that they are all made out of the same stuff by pretty much the same machines. Reliability comes down to ALOT more than just what the factory put in it. Panel gaps are just straight up myth. Be real.

You just don't have any real reason to justify why you hate American cars. Its fine that you do, just don't try to justify it with BS. I like both, each have their strong points and their weak, but I will never buy a Honda "because it is reliable", just like I won't buy a car with parts that are falling off... if they exist in this day and age.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #66
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
Dude what are you talking about. I have own and do own both imports and domestics. There isn't some magic American assembly line issue where panel gaps are added an extra 1/8" wider. Stop being such a tard man. Seriously. All of the comments I typically here about this stuff are so dumb.

"Its reliable because it is Japanese"
"American interiors are all plastic"
"It makes alot of HP/liter"
"American cars fall apart at 100,000 miles"
"American panels have an extra 1/8" gap"

Come on. Both countries make fine cars of varying quality. The fact of the matter is that they are all made out of the same stuff by pretty much the same machines. Reliability comes down to ALOT more than just what the factory put in it. Panel gaps are just straight up myth. Be real.

You just don't have any real reason to justify why you hate American cars. Its fine that you do, just don't try to justify it with BS. I like both, each have their strong points and their weak, but I will never buy a Honda "because it is reliable", just like I won't buy a car with parts that are falling off... if they exist in this day and age.
They do...we have had to reaffix countless panels in my friends 03 envoy (25k miles on this keep in mind) and the interior is horrid quality. The leather already has rips, brakes already had to be replaced 2 times, 10mpg, rides horrible the only thing i like is you dont have to slow for speed bumps, do I have to go on?? No I realize there isnt a magic behind making interiors, but some do it better than others

01 Cavalier

...ok so the pic wont upload...il take care of this all when i edit the post in teh afternoon
Steering wheel from an 80s buick, huge gaps at doors and dash, seats that look to have NO bolsters at all, a shifter surrounded by what looks like plastic wire brush, it just looks really cheap, almost like a kid made it

01 Civic

Il upload this when I get home from school its on my desktop and I have to leave for class now
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #67
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 114


96 to 00' Civic interior. Its horrible too, get over it. Its a cheap car and looks like crap on the inside. Is that a surprise?



95' Cavalier interior. Wow, amazing another horrible interior!? Pick your choose, its the same stuff get over it. Plus, do you realize that often these vehicles are cheaper than their japanese equivalents which might just account for why they look a little cheaper? OMG really?!?! New Aveo 5 Door = 10,595 competitor, new Fit 13,950. Thats 32% more. You get eseentially the same horsepower and more weight.

As for your friends Envoy... Lemon law it if all that stuff was actually happening. Seriously. I don't know why you would buy an Envoy any way, but still. Lemon law it and get your money back. Don't pretend like this stuff only happens to American cars though. Toyota has recalled MILLIONS of cars in the past couple of years for steering failiures and other hazardous failiures that cause the driver to lose steering ability. Most recently they recalled the Tundra trucks with the 5.7L (I believe that was the engine) because the camshafts were BREAKING. Recalls and defects happen to everyone, wise up.

Last edited by rudypoochris : 10-19-2007 at 05:28 PM.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #68
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris


96 to 00' Civic interior. Its horrible too, get over it. Its a cheap car and looks like crap on the inside. Is that a surprise?



95' Cavalier interior. Wow, amazing another horrible interior!? Pick your choose, its the same stuff get over it. Plus, do you realize that often these vehicles are cheaper than their japanese equivalents which might just account for why they look a little cheaper? OMG really?!?! New Aveo 5 Door = 10,595 competitor, new Fit 13,950. Thats 32% more. You get eseentially the same horsepower and more weight.

As for your friends Envoy... Lemon law it if all that stuff was actually happening. Seriously. I don't know why you would buy an Envoy any way, but still. Lemon law it and get your money back. Don't pretend like this stuff only happens to American cars though. Toyota has recalled MILLIONS of cars in the past couple of years for steering failiures and other hazardous failiures that cause the driver to lose steering ability. Most recently they recalled the Tundra trucks with the 5.7L (I believe that was the engine) because the camshafts were BREAKING. Recalls and defects happen to everyone, wise up.
Id still take the fit for Hondas reputation. I drove aveos at work and even at 10k miles there were strange clunks coming from under the car...on every single one. Honda fit was great. About the Honda interior, its flush and has a nicer feel than the cavalier
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #69
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Id still take the fit for Hondas reputation. I drove aveos at work and even at 10k miles there were strange clunks coming from under the car...on every single one. Honda fit was great. About the Honda interior, its flush and has a nicer feel than the cavalier

Hondas reputation is built on what? Theres no way any one person can know how reliable or unreliable an entire brands line up is compared to entire lineups of another make. Hondas reputation, as are all brands reputations, are based on what one person said to another, to another, to another. Alot of the time these people aren't necessarily the most reliable sources, like you. You can spin it any way you like. I can say every import I know of has had problems, just as you can say every domestic you know of has had problems. What does that achieve?

The Cavalier interior is flush too. And no, there isn't a nicer one of the two. They both are shitty and cheap, LOOK. Your spredding stuff about cars that just isn't true. This is how rumors and uneducated opinions, such as yours, get spread about cars that are just fine. I know you would still take the Honda for another 32%, thats fine for whatever reason it suits you, just don't say its because all domestic alternatives are pieces of shit, thats just ignorant. You can buy a Cobalt for the same price as the Fit and it is a whole market up, just to put things in perspective.

EDIT: Also it is hard to notice but in the pictures of the interior you can also tell the Civic is not setup to be a drivers car. Tach is on the wrong side.

Last edited by rudypoochris : 10-19-2007 at 05:23 PM.
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 PM   #70
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels
 
jedimario's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Clemson University
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
EDIT: Also it is hard to notice but in the pictures of the interior you can also tell the Civic is not setup to be a drivers car. Tach is on the wrong side.
What does that have to do with anything?
__________________


UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 PM   #71
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
What does that have to do with anything?
Yea that civic doesnt have a tach...at least it doesnt look like it. looks like a DX model or something
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #72
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 114
Talking about interiors. He said the cavalier isn't smooth, I said the tach on the civic is on the wrong (left) side. Its not that big of a deal. The rest of the post was the actual point...
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #73
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudypoochris
Talking about interiors. He said the cavalier isn't smooth, I said the tach on the civic is on the wrong (left) side. Its not that big of a deal. The rest of the post was the actual point...
I mean its just the little things. Look where the cig lighter is on the cavvy...not only is that a pain in the ass when smoking but when you plug up a phone charger it hangs all along the friggin dash, where as most normal cars have it by the cupholders. I dont understand the point of the plastic brush along the bottom of the shifter, and im sure the turn signal is like most other american cars of that era...you have to give it a lot more nudge to make it go up or down. the guages are very generic, I see them on everything from the cavalier to that generation tahoe (on the plus side I like how they iluminate...when they do we had an escalade come to work where one side of the thing was completely off), and when I put it in park, the shifter just fell out of its place, along with the door not closing properly and rips in the leather as well as many things being again very loose and to me, unrefined. The speaker holes in the door look like they were just poked, not like the civic where it is a designated bulge for them, so it doesnt look sloppy. Im not a fan of that civic either, one of the reasons I got the 01 with the slightly better interior..the little pocket next to the radio is good for well..nothing. Cant fit a cd in there, nor much anything else really MAYBE a pack of cigarettes. Im not a fan of either, but if I had to pick, I would take the civic..same would go for reliability. Im gona jump on my desktop and throw up a pic of my inside the first day I got it

EDIT: pic


there is only one thing out of line which was due to a crooked spring nad is nowfixed which is to the bottom left of the steering wheel the little coin tray

EDIT: speaking of the Aveo, I think its retarded how you have to press down on the shifter to get it into reverse gear...I mean they could have just put a button on the shifter like all other normal cars, but they had to be "fancy" at work it took me a few minutes to figure out how to park the damn thing cause I couldnt get it into gear
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.


Last edited by newyorker : 10-19-2007 at 07:41 PM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 PM   #74
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
EDIT: speaking of the Aveo, I think its retarded how you have to press down on the shifter to get it into reverse gear...I mean they could have just put a button on the shifter like all other normal cars, but they had to be "fancy" at work it took me a few minutes to figure out how to park the damn thing cause I couldnt get it into gear
Im pretty sure thats a pretty common thing, Ive driven a ton of car like that epecially nice German cars, it works like a reverse lockout tard. Its so you dont slam R thinking its a 6 speed or doing other shit.
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #75
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Im pretty sure thats a pretty common thing, Ive driven a ton of car like that epecially nice German cars, it works like a reverse lockout tard. Its so you dont slam R thinking its a 6 speed or doing other shit.
Yes but this was an automatic...I know what you mean, the AP1 s2000 has the same thing, as do Jettas, golfs, audis, etc. Its pretty pointless to have on an automatic car especially when your shifter pattern isnt even in a straight line!



You really would have to be a tard to put it in reverse gear with that pattern, you would almost have to try. I dont see a point for it, then again it might be designed for the kinds of people that drive those cars
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.