Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2007, 07:54 PM   #31
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

As much as I like interiors, this escalade video is better than the topgear one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GHUUV7flCCU

and lots of people modify the suspension on their civics, just usually after they make them fast

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #32
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I go downtown and blast loud music and people love it
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Nobody loves hearing other people's (muffled) music" lol.

Quote:
BTW I really hate living here if it was up to me id be in europe...where people are cultured, not that they arent here but the majority isnt
I understand what you mean about Europe; the way of life is different there (kinda more relaxed), but the U.S. and Canada are one of a couple of countries where within one city you can find several cultures and ways of life. I'm sure that in Killadelphia most Russian people know each other, and you get together sometimes, like for holidays. Europe is great, but there is a reason that more people are immigrating to the United States than are emigrating.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM   #33
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I think I speak for everyone when I say "Nobody loves hearing other people's (muffled) music" lol.

I understand what you mean about Europe; the way of life is different there (kinda more relaxed), but the U.S. and Canada are one of a couple of countries where within one city you can find several cultures and ways of life. I'm sure that in Killadelphia most Russian people know each other, and you get together sometimes, like for holidays. Europe is great, but there is a reason that more people are immigrating to the United States than are emigrating.

very true, for example people in St Johns (capital of NL) are for the most part very rowdy and Toronto-like

and my town is the opposite, if the roads were fit for personal use it would be a really great place to live

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 08:53 PM   #34
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

Thats why I have a top of the line stereo

Yea we get together lol. People are imigrating for the opportunities this country offers, thats why we came here because there my parents were both engineers and we werent living as well as we are here. Also, for me being jewish, getting into universities would have been a task and a half. We would have never had our own home, my parents never would have had their own cars, let alone me. My parents still talk to their friends back in Ukraine, and we asked them how much money they make there now per week in dollars combined...well i make more here doing valet parking as they are there (husband does kitchen remodeling and wife is an engineer)...some things there cost less, but still gives you a feel of how it was, thats why people come here, so they wont have to struggle to live comfortably. However, a country like Ukraine is more famous for its rich soil and therefore is more of a farming country, so its different
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #35
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
I agreed with you all the way up to that. People around here love my car so dont even start shit. They love it because I modded a car that noone else mods, and kept it clean and tasteful. There is nothing excessive on my car and its well balanced, thats why I get thumbs up almost everywhere I go. I go downtown and blast loud music and people love it, i take it to the local meet and its not one of those cars thats just there to count attendace but actually gets looked at, and I can head to the classic/domestic event and noone goes "oh look another ricer". Learn your shit before you talk it.

What suspension work do you have done to the car? Or is it just a straight line thing like a lot of them

Suspsion is sitting in garage right now, would have been installed already but I cant get around cause of the leg, and its Strano parts sway bars, Bilsteins revalved specifically for the springs by sam strano, Strano Springs, weld in SFCs, BMR adjustable TQ ARm, tubular LCAs with relocation brackets and adjustable BMR panhard bar, and polyurethane bushings and mounts everywhere, considering stepping up to some spherecal rod ends on certain parts, but ill wait and see. Oh and a one off STB is in the mail, its more of a appearance piece as the STB dont do much on the 4th gens with a decent shock setup.

I want a Tubular K member and control arms but thatll have to wait a while.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:09 PM   #36
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Suspsion is sitting in garage right now, would have been installed already but I cant get around cause of the leg, and its Strano parts sway bars, Bilsteins revalved specifically for the springs by sam strano, Strano Springs, weld in SFCs, BMR adjustable TQ ARm, tubular LCAs with relocation brackets and adjustable BMR panhard bar, and polyurethane bushings and mounts everywhere, considering stepping up to some spherecal rod ends on certain parts, but ill wait and see. Oh and a one off STB is in the mail, its more of a appearance piece as the STB dont do much on the 4th gens with a decent shock setup.

I want a Tubular K member and control arms but thatll have to wait a while.
No idea what half of that is maybe cause of abreviations or the brands that i dont know but sounds like a lot of stuff. Good to see the car is gona be an all rounder not just a straight liner. You guys dont get much snow down there do you?

Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 PM   #37
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Springs
Shocks
SwayBars
Sub Frame Connector (already on)
Lower Rear Control Arms and relocation brackets
Strut Tower Brace
panhard bar (have to have for lowered cars to recenter the rear)
and torque arm

Snow maybe once a year
Old 10-30-2007, 02:27 AM   #38
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Quote:
lol you dont have a hick attitude nor do your arguments seem arrogant and rude, and you actually make a point, so i take YOU seriously. BTW I really hate living here if it was up to me id be in europe...where people are cultured, not that they arent here but the majority isnt

It is funny to me that you talk about a group of Americans being a certain way (i.e. "GTFO my country") yet you have been nothing but uncouth yourself by attacking a culture of America that you know nothing about it. Very mature and refined, indeed. Way to show "us stupid ignorant hicks how cultured we should be".
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:55 AM   #39
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
It is funny to me that you talk about a group of Americans being a certain way (i.e. "GTFO my country") yet you have been nothing but uncouth yourself by attacking a culture of America that you know nothing about it. Very mature and refined, indeed. Way to show "us stupid ignorant hicks how cultured we should be".
well educate me mighty one...how are americans cultured?? I was arguing with a guy at work he was a temple university student nad i bet him lunch on this...he kept tryin to say there were 49 states in the USA and that we bought Alaska from russia about 5 years ago..and this isnt a first occasion i have to deal with idiots like these all the time...how about the dude that never heard of 9/11...or that a lot of people in this country dont care about how they look to them being obese is perfectly OK...that people dont even have a sense of style..a girl in my Comp class wears pajamas to class every day because here its acceptable to be an idiot...this is why i cnat stand this place, plus the ignorance of people is unbelievable. i got in a fight with some guy the other day cause he pushed me and told me to "get out of my ****ing country you immigrant" i just turned around hit him in the face gave him a few punches on the ground and told him "youre an immigrant too dumbass"..some people are so blind that they dont even realize that at some point, their ancestors came from somewhere else, so they are in a sense immigrants as well. or how about the fact that instead of people working they sit on welfare their whole lives and just make babies. we already got 3 idiots fired at work cause they were sitting around doing nothing while me and 3 other russians were hussling to get cars in and out. just a lot of people that were born here think that everything is just going to come to them, they dont feel the need to work as hard as imigrants do. people from russia, europe, asia, india, even mexicans that come here illegally, they work their asses off because they know that nothing is just going to come to them, and then their taxes go to pay for the lives of the lazy ****s on welfare..it just makes me mad, i was raised to work hard for everything that i have, and i dont plan to raise my kids any different. il hit them when they are little, and punish them as much as i need to and not think twice about "american people say its wrong to beat their kids" because through that method, they wont grow up to be white trash but will be good contributing members to society, in the USA or wherever i live

edit to add: its not that i hate the country per-se, i realize its one of the best if not the best in the world to make a living for yourself, because the opportunity is there and you can do whatever you want with your life, its moreso the people that seem to live here and take that for granted and do nothing with their lives and then bitch about how jews are greedy (because we went to school and worked..they skateboarded through their teen years) and how rich people are snobs (because they went to school and worked..and the skaters key their cars because they are jelous of the new mercedes that they will never have)...its just the dumb shit that pisses me off. the smart kids are the ones that get beaten up after school by the skaters that smoke pot and cut class all day, thats not right.

Last edited by newyorker : 10-30-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:59 AM   #40
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

Quote:
well educate me mighty one...how are americans cultured?? I was arguing with a guy at work he was a temple university student nad i bet him lunch on this...he kept tryin to say there were 49 states in the USA and that we bought Alaska from russia about 5 years ago..and this isnt a first occasion i have to deal with idiots like these all the time...how about the dude that never heard of 9/11...or that a lot of people in this country dont care about how they look to them being obese is perfectly OK...that people dont even have a sense of style..a girl in my Comp class wears pajamas to class every day because here its acceptable to be an idiot...this is why i cnat stand this place, plus the ignorance of people is unbelievable. i got in a fight with some guy the other day cause he pushed me and told me to "get out of my ****ing country you immigrant" i just turned around hit him in the face gave him a few punches on the ground and told him "youre an immigrant too dumbass"..some people are so blind that they dont even realize that at some point, their ancestors came from somewhere else, so they are in a sense immigrants as well. or how about the fact that instead of people working they sit on welfare their whole lives and just make babies. we already got 3 idiots fired at work cause they were sitting around doing nothing while me and 3 other russians were hussling to get cars in and out. just a lot of people that were born here think that everything is just going to come to them, they dont feel the need to work as hard as imigrants do. people from russia, europe, asia, india, even mexicans that come here illegally, they work their asses off because they know that nothing is just going to come to them, and then their taxes go to pay for the lives of the lazy ****s on welfare..it just makes me mad, i was raised to work hard for everything that i have, and i dont plan to raise my kids any different. il hit them when they are little, and punish them as much as i need to and not think twice about "american people say its wrong to beat their kids" because through that method, they wont grow up to be white trash but will be good contributing members to society, in the USA or wherever i live

Sounds to me like you just described American culture, maybe not very well refined, but that is our culture.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:30 AM   #41
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
people from russia, europe, asia, india, even mexicans that come here illegally, they work their asses off because they know that nothing is just going to come to them, and then their taxes go to pay for the lives of the lazy ****s on welfare..
...It's the opposite over here...Well, not exactly, because the Government gives money to everybody bar the working class people. Immigrants seem to take priority in their books for things such as monitary benefits and housing etc. British citizens who'd rather not go out to work are rewarded with all the benefits under the sun, too! I'm voting conservative next time! Sod this labour malarky!

Back on topic now, JC is a Journolist. It's his job to find fault in all cars...And he does, infact I don't ever recall ANY car being faultless in his eyes. The problem is that alot of people don't take his critisism well, and as such think that he's biased towards certain cars, but as has been said already in this thread, he slates everything from American cars, to British cars and Italian cars. He just shows more of a dislike to certain cars.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:36 AM   #42
chris_knows
๑۩۞

There are mind-numbingly ignorant people all around the world. I'm worried about what's going o in the U.S. too. Did anybody hear about what happened today? David Horowitz went to speak at Emory University, and the students would not let him speak, continuously interrupting him, and chanting “Racist, Sexist, Antigay, David Horowitz go away!” because he was going to talk about what sexism is like in some Middle-Eastern countries, and the threat of Islam. Ahmadinejad gets applause when he talks, and the audience just chuckled at him when he said that there were no gays in Iran, and we know that women are worth 1/3 of a man, and are stoned to death, but he was never called a sexist or an antigay.

Also, what I'm really nervous about is the liberal bias in schools. Over the last 2 years I've had teachers tell me (as well as the entire class) stuff like:
-In English class, the war in Iraq is about oil,
-In World Issues we generally talk about how Che Guevara is a hero, and how Castro stood up to the terrible U.S., and "communism isn't really that bad
-Just today, in Business we were talking about how we never went on the moon, 9/11 was a hoax, and the teacher is going to try to get "Loose Change" about how the government attacked the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.

Immigration is a serious issue, because while that is one of the things that make this country great, and prosperous, it should be legal. Otherwise, we have undocumented people working here, not paying taxes, and using government programs. Also, at the amnesty marches, some of the things that they do are disgusting. I have seen videos of illegal immigrants advocating amnesty, and burning and urinating on the United States flag, while the police officers sit off to the side, not doing anything. People have died for this flag, and the officers don't do anything. We need more people (especially younger people who care about their future) protesting against these people, showing them that this is not their country.

Back on topic, ignorance is a problem in the U.S.. I think that every high school should make it mandatory that every student learns (at least the basics) of all of the major religions. We need to make it harder to be eligible for welfare, and basically make it so that if you work hard, and are successful, you will lead a decent, prosperous life; whereas if you sit around and do nothing, waiting for the government to help you, you learn pretty quickly that to live a half-decent life, you have to get off your ass.

Cliffy, we have that here--like reverse-prejudice. Many universities are required to fill quotas to have a certain ratio of boys to girls, or a specific number of people from a certain race, which in turn makes it harder for the majority to succeed.

[/rant]

K, now let's go back to Jeremy Clarkson--if there is anything left lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:47 AM   #43
newyorker
MXman

Chris, I agree almost completely. Dont agree about religion though...its the kinda thing that people used to practice on their own time for their own beliefs and benefits (so they think)...its now about trying to shove those beliefs down everyones throat in any way possible. One teacher back in high school started talking about religion for like 15 minutes so I got up and left on the way out she was like "where are you going?" and I said "im leaving because this has nothing to do with math, and i think you are a dumb bitch for bringing this into the classroom..stick to the curriculum"..needless to say i got written up but I dont give a shit

Back to topic, Clarkson gets paid to do this, and im sure over in Europe it provides great entertainment, and everyone makes money, and is entertained, and thats that. He gives honest opinions on some cars and goes out of his way on some but there is nothing anyone can do..all i can say is if you dont like the show dont watch..hell its not on TV in the US unless you have BBC via. sattelite, so you are obviously purposely looking for these videos on youtube or wherever and then are getting offended...you know approximately what hes going to say anyway why bother

Last edited by newyorker : 10-30-2007 at 03:50 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:47 AM   #44
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Cliffy, we have that here--like reverse-prejudice. Many universities are required to fill quotas to have a certain ratio of boys to girls, or a specific number of people from a certain race, which in turn makes it harder for the majority to succeed.
I know what you mean. It annoys me sometimes too. Even in the workplace companies specifically advertise for people of different ethnic origins, which is fine, but job selection should be chosen on personal merits, not for the colour of your skin! The Home Office is the worst culprit (as far as Police recruitment goes anyway).

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 AM   #45
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I know what you mean. It annoys me sometimes too. Even in the workplace companies specifically advertise for people of different ethnic origins, which is fine, but job selection should be chosen on personal merits, not for the colour of your skin! The Home Office is the worst culprit (as far as Police recruitment goes anyway).
I dont know if you have this in the UK but here whenever there is a comercial on TV, there HAS to be at least one negro (yes thats what they are called, african-american is total BS) person in the comercial, because god forbid someone says that the company advertising is racist...every group of people has the need to bitch about something. jews went through a lot in WWII, and they are getting relief from germany and organizations, but they arent bitching for special treatment, only the select few. and i think its really ****ed up that when someone who is negro calls a caucasian person a cracker its ok, but when a caucasian person says nigger, they are a biggot...wtf?

Last edited by newyorker : 10-30-2007 at 03:57 AM.