Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
boothe
CF Addict

SEMA Show in Vegas

Has anyone heard of or been to the SEMA show? It's not open to the public but is happening in Vegas this week, and from what I can tell from the photos on the SEMA insider site, it seems like there are going to be some cool cars and accessories there. Here's the link if you're interested...

www.semainsider.com
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:47 AM   #2
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Would have got to go this year but because of the leg gotta wait, AGAIN.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:06 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Why wouldn't it be open to the public? Isn't that one of the main ways how companies show off their new products?
Old 10-30-2007, 02:14 AM   #4
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Hacked account? I'm confused.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
boothe
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Why wouldn't it be open to the public? Isn't that one of the main ways how companies show off their new products?

Yeah, unfortunately I think its only for industry insiders. But they put all the pictures on their site for everyone to see, and all the cars from last year were pretty sweet. I remember seeing a cool Jay Leno clip... I wonder if he'll be back again....
Old 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothe
Has anyone heard of or been to the SEMA show? It's not open to the public but is happening in Vegas this week, and from what I can tell from the photos on the SEMA insider site, it seems like there are going to be some cool cars and accessories there. Here's the link if you're interested...

www.semainsider.com
My boy is going and so is Pat...They will take pics and i will post them

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM   #7
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by boothe

www.semainsider.com
It is open to the public if two of my friends are attending and talking about it non stop

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:11 PM   #8
What
Banned

I don't think it is open to the public the first few days or so so "insiders" can go in and get their pictures. I'm pretty sure it's open to the public eventually.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
newyorker
MXman

I know they had it here last year and it was open to the public
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

My buddy has an ebay parts bussiness and we used to both work at the shop together and his dad got us passes. I didnt know it was ever open to the public
Old 10-30-2007, 10:11 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

The SEMA show IS NOT open to the general public, never has been. I don't know where slutly's "boy" is going, but perhaps he's making a trip to Vegas hoping to get rich selling 25 cent blow jobs, five for a dollar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEMA
The SEMA Show is the premier automotive specialty products trade event in the world (PLEASE NOTE: THE SEMA SHOW IS NOT OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC). It draws the industry’s brightest minds and hottest products to one place, the Las Vegas Convention Center. As part of the AAIW, the SEMA Show attracts more than 100,000 industry leaders from over 100 countries for unlimited profit opportunities in the automotive, truck and SUV, marine and RV markets. SEMA Show 2006 drew over 50,000 domestic and international buyers through two million square feet of exhibits. The displays are segmented into 11 sections, and a New Products Showcase features more than 2,000 newly introduced parts, tools and components. In addition, the SEMA Show provides attendees with educational seminars, product demonstrations, special events, networking opportunities and more…
I have been three times in the past (business commitments preclude my attendance this year) and can assure you it is in a word, bitchin'. Possibly the best way for civilians to experience the show is here. Well, now that I look at it maybe not, but happy dreaming anyway.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The SEMA show IS NOT open to the general public, never has been. I don't know where slutly's "boy" is going, but perhaps he's making a trip to Vegas hoping to get rich selling 25 cent blow jobs, five for a dollar.

I have been three times in the past (business commitments preclude my attendance this year) and can assure you it is in a word, bitchin'. Possibly the best way for civilians to experience the show is here. Well, now that I look at it maybe not, but happy dreaming anyway.
Maybe the vegas one isnt but when we had one in philly i know it was open to people..i went there

Old 10-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Maybe the vegas one isnt but when we had one in philly i know it was open to people..i went there
1. As is your typical modus operandi, you are comparing apples and oranges. The Vegas show is and always has been a trade show specifically geared toward the automotive aftermarket industry, just as most of their shows are.

2. The Philly IAS was never a trade show. It was geared specifically to get ricers to attend so they would be more likely to part with Daddy's hard earned money.

3. The Philly show was such a success that after eight years it has been discontinued. Something about too many meatheads that want to look at titties instead of car parts.

4. As far as I'm aware, ALL of SEMA's shows are "open to people". I think the only non-humans they allow in are Seeing Eye dogs. For someone who wants to be recognized as intelligent and also respected, you certainly seem to have trouble composing a coherent sentence. Maybe next year.

P.S. I notice that you are now Car-Forums self proclaimed "most controversial member". If by most controversial you mean most likely to not have a clue and say something stupid, you've got my vote.

P.S.S. If you went to last years IAS, then I stand corrected. They must also allow chimpanzees as well. Have a nice evening.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
1. As is your typical modus operandi, you are comparing apples and oranges. The Vegas show is and always has been a trade show specifically geared toward the automotive aftermarket industry, just as most of their shows are.

2. The Philly IAS was never a trade show. It was geared specifically to get ricers to attend so they would be more likely to part with Daddy's hard earned money.

3. The Philly show was such a success that after eight years it has been discontinued. Something about too many meatheads that want to look at titties instead of car parts.

4. As far as I'm aware, ALL of SEMA's shows are "open to people". I think the only non-humans they allow in are Seeing Eye dogs. For someone who wants to be recognized as intelligent and also respected, you certainly seem to have trouble composing a coherent sentence. Maybe next year.

P.S. I notice that you are now Car-Forums self proclaimed "most controversial member". If by most controversial you mean most likely to not have a clue and say something stupid, you've got my vote.

P.S.S. If you went to last years IAS, then I stand corrected. They must also allow chimpanzees as well. Have a nice evening.
Wow what an answer thanks dude...got a life much?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:35 PM   #15
boothe
CF Addict

Anyone checked out the site lately?? There's a Jay Leno video up that's pretty cool...

http://www.semainsider.com/Video.asp...ll&PageIndex=1