Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
What
Banned

Nissan GT-R Nurburgring Time

Check it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGe_fyhQazg

Nissan wants us to believe that a stock base model GT-R lapped the Nurburgring in 7:38. Do you believe this?

480hp
430lb-ft
3836lbs

There are plenty of reasons why Nissan would lie or insinuate faster the capable times for its GT-R.

Remember...according to the source the 2005 Nissan Nismo Skyline GT-R Z-Tune ran sub 10-second quarter miles....with 500hp and 3525 lbs. Of course that wasn't verified.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I will reluctantly believe it...The Corvette does it in just 4 seconds more, with only RWD, although it also has a more power, and weighs significantly less.

We're going to find out soon whether this car really is as great as everyone hopes.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Nissan began timing the GTRs lap time at the end of the pit road and ended at the begining.

The vette ran the whole track

The nissans tires.

I doubt those will be production tires but I could be wrong, look like a tack tire to me.

It will be overated just like every other skyline.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 PM   #4
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Nissan began timing the GTRs lap time at the end of the pit road and ended at the begining.

The vette ran the whole track

The nissans tires.

I doubt those will be production tires but I could be wrong, look like a tack tire to me.

It will be overated just like every other skyline.

OE tires for the STi
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:47 PM   #5
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

do those come in runflats, cause I know bridgestone made special tires just for this car a read a big article over them a week or so ago, and they were runflats.

The probably just took those and made them a run flat if they arent alreaqdy.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #6
fudge
let's fighting love

That was a good lap, 14 seconds faster than the NSX-R. Would expect something along those times with around 200 more horsepower. Super fast gearbox and sophisticated all wheel drive will more than make up for it's weight disadvantage. Just wait til Nismo or Mines get their hands on it

Btw the difference between where the skyline finished the lap and started it would have only increased the lap times by 2 seconds at the most.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
do those come in runflats, cause I know bridgestone made special tires just for this car a read a big article over them a week or so ago, and they were runflats.

The probably just took those and made them a run flat if they arent alreaqdy.
No idea..i dont think so cause they dont show up under the bridgestone filter for runflats

Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 AM   #8
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
That was a good lap, 14 seconds faster than the NSX-R. Would expect something along those times with around 200 more horsepower. Super fast gearbox and sophisticated all wheel drive will more than make up for it's weight disadvantage. Just wait til Nismo or Mines get their hands on it
Would a "super fast" gearbox really matter at a track like this? This isn't a dragstrip.

The lighter and more powerful AWD 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo couldn't produce a best lap that fast, nor could the Zonda S or Bugatti Veyron...or the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.

It's hard to believe that a STOCK BASE GT-R could do this...expecially after the 9-second 500hp Z-Tune.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 AM   #9
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Last I heard it was 1.5 seconds faster than the Z06 so if he completed the track itd put him behind the Z.

Skylines are overrated and this is no exception
Old 10-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
rudypoochris
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
HONED AT THE 'RING

GTR chief engineer Kazutoshi Mizuno told PistonHeads that his baby had covered over 3000 miles at the Nordschleife and avoided other circuits as they were deemed 'too easy'.

Nissan's original target was to beat the 911 Turbo at the 'ring but they ended up worrying the Porsche Carrera GT.

They didn't beat the GT's 7min 32sec lap time, but got a 7.38 in semi-wet conditions.

'We used cut slick tyres' said Mizuno.
'I was not interested in full slick times as this bears no resemblance to a road tyre. 1.2G of force was being pulled in wet and over 2 in dry'.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...p?f=23&t=455380

Interesting...
rudypoochris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
fudge
let's fighting love

A super fast gearbox would make even more difference as there are way more gearshifts done on the race track than on the drag strip. Not to mention less power is being wasted on the upshift coming out of the corners and on the straights.

The new GT-R will be overrated, but it has a bloody good reason to.

Last edited by fudge : 10-31-2007 at 04:37 PM.
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 PM   #12
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Nissan blows lately.

Id only take an old skyline when the werent so heavy, something like an R32 with a RB26 or a 300ZX
Old 11-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #13
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Nissan blows lately.

Id only take an old skyline when the werent so heavy, something like an R32 with a RB26 or a 300ZX
one of my fav cars to this day

Old 11-01-2007, 06:01 AM   #14
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
one of my fav cars to this day
I really like them, I just wish they would have left someone the extra crap off and gone in more of the build direction of the RX7, low weight and back to the basics.

If mods were cheaper and worth more I would have got one instead of the Z, oh and red ones are too hard to find, they are ALL white or BLACK.

There is one in town that has been repainted Viper Steel Grey, its the art teacher's husband, and it is one sexy lookin car.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:10 AM   #15
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
I really like them, I just wish they would have left someone the extra crap off and gone in more of the build direction of the RX7, low weight and back to the basics.

If mods were cheaper and worth more I would have got one instead of the Z, oh and red ones are too hard to find, they are ALL white or BLACK.

There is one in town that has been repainted Viper Steel Grey, its the art teacher's husband, and it is one sexy lookin car.
my buddy had a red one it was 91 NA with 142k bad body, blew the motor...got it for 3000 only got 400 back for it