Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2007, 03:48 AM   #16
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Dude...you are missing the f*cking point. I am NOT saying anything because I think you are throwing money away pointlessly.



Thus, everything you say is doubted.

EDIT: A new engine from Japan? Are you kidding me? No one with a triple digit IQ is going to believe this.
your argument is compelling, but the fact remains...believe it or not its about what i want, and what i did. you will see in due time
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:52 AM   #17
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
NYer, I fully support people modding their cars, but I'm with Nissan. You need less "this is what I want to do" type threads and more "this is what I did" type threads. If you're not doing this untill next spring, you'll probably debate selling your car 5X before that.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:55 AM   #18
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
NYer, I fully support people modding their cars, but I'm with Nissan. You need less "this is what I want to do" type threads and more "this is what I did" type threads. If you're not doing this untill next spring, you'll probably debate selling your car 5X before that.
lol youd think so but the car is staying cause i counted all the money I already have in it and including the cost of the car its 12k lol not including this final step. i already have a deposit down for the thing, so its all fine and dandy
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:59 AM   #19
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
lol youd think so but the car is staying cause i counted all the money I already have in it and including the cost of the car its 12k lol not including this final step. i already have a deposit down for the thing, so its all fine and dandy

Wait, didn't you buy the car for like 7K? So you have 5K of mods in it?
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:07 AM   #20
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Wait, didn't you buy the car for like 7K? So you have 5K of mods in it?
I got the car for 6500
2 diff stereos
tint
recent repair work
past maintenance
6 sets of wheels and tires
alignments
suspension
lighting
engine
drivetrain
etc.etc. you get the idea i can outline it all since im so full of it
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:22 AM   #21
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I got the car for 6500
2 diff stereos
tint
recent repair work
past maintenance
6 sets of wheels and tires
alignments
suspension
lighting
engine
drivetrain
etc.etc. you get the idea i can outline it all since im so full of it
I don't think oil changes and anything other than your current set of wheels and tires should count lol.


I'm guessing a K20A is the huge purchase?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:33 AM   #22
adamc44
CF Freak
 
adamc44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: west portsmouth ohio
Posts: 775
im going to guess and say the only thing that this car doesnt have yet but definately needs is..............






a ricer wing....?????
__________________
AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:35 AM   #23
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Its a motor and I dont see why hes ordering it from japan.
Most honda motors are readily available in america. Ive know of quite a few supliers that can even get JDM spec ones to you in a couple weeks.
The only ones Ive seen a big shortage of are true integra type r motors.

I think they are like a b18 something something.

I hope your not planning on a K series swap either, they are a bitch.

Notice he normally avoids responding to posts were people say engine.
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:40 AM   #24
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Its a motor and I dont see why hes ordering it from japan.
Most honda motors are readily available in america. Ive know of quite a few supliers that can even get JDM spec ones to you in a couple weeks.
The only ones Ive seen a big shortage of are true integra type r motors.

I think they are like a b18 something something.

I hope your not planning on a K series swap either, they are a bitch.

Notice he normally avoids responding to posts were people say engine.
maybe you are thinking of the b18b or b18c...honda engines usually have a letter after their numerical but i might be wrong...yes you can get a lot of JDM parts here in the USA, but after markup and fees, they are very pricey...for example, JDM taillights on passwordjdm.com for my car are 390...the same company that quoted me for my order said that shipped the same lights would be 200.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 AM   #25
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
I don't think oil changes and anything other than your current set of wheels and tires should count lol.


I'm guessing a K20A is the huge purchase?
well this repair is input shaft bearing and a clutch kit which is 520 for the whole job then the timing belt and such...basically ive SPENT a total of 12k+ on this car including the purchase, and to sell it now for 4500 if that, i think its a waste its a good car and it will last me and serve me well.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:43 AM   #26
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
ya seriously... i guessed engine right off the bat... still no response. reason i guessed JDM front is because when i had my integra i know that it was the most popular JDM mod...

The ITR engine is B18c5...
__________________
I always tell the truth,
even when i lie
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:45 AM   #27
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
ya seriously... i guessed engine right off the bat... still no response. reason i guessed JDM front is because when i had my integra i know that it was the most popular JDM mod...

The ITR engine is B18c5...
is it really?? my buddy has a 93 civic with a b18c motor from an ITR...maybe the 96spec and 98spec had a diff code??

EDIT: yes its a k20a motor when all is said nad done and at my door including shipping charges my price for it including transmission is 2787 with change...thats less than a k20a2 costs here in the states, but has more power..only thing i have a problem with is that my tach only goes to 8 and this redline is higher than that, so im gona be forced to use an altertnate tach..i dont think thats gona be the least of my problems though
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.


Last edited by newyorker : 10-31-2007 at 04:48 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:48 AM   #28
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
ya seriously... i guessed engine right off the bat... still no response. reason i guessed JDM front is because when i had my integra i know that it was the most popular JDM mod...

The ITR engine is B18c5...
Yah I thought it was C but I couldnt remeber the next letter thats why I just said B18 something something.

Its an Engine and either its not gonna happen or he ordered it from the wrong people, a 5-7 month wait is retarded.

I spoked to a machining guy in germany and he could make me a one off billet flat plane crank for an LT1 (never been done before) and it would only be like a 2 month turn around

And thats a ONE OFF PIECE
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:51 AM   #29
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Your paying almost 3 grand for 222 hp?
Have you ever done a K series swap, I helped out a little on a K swap into an older hatch and it was bad, the owner kept saying he wished we hould have just gone with a b series
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:53 AM   #30
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Your paying almost 3 grand for 222 hp?
Have you ever done a K series swap, I helped out a little on a K swap into an older hatch and it was bad, the owner kept saying he wished we hould have just gone with a b series
unfortunately b series has never been swapped into my body that i know of...apparently way too much fab work, but plenty have done the kswap and on my chassis its not that hard just gota cut away a bit of the rad support for the intake mani
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.