Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2007, 09:58 PM   #46
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
You mean to tell me you want me to belive your getting a rare K20A for 2800 when they sell an older, more common, less powerful honda b18c (GSR motor) for 3200.

Come on man
thats how it is..maybe you spoke to a diff person than me i dont know...im just waiting for this stuff to come thru
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:29 PM   #47
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Originally posted on 10/14/2007

while ive thought of that option as well, my car isnt that reliable. Im replacing my transmission this week, at 116k miles, and they will keep on rolling up and up and up. there are just constant little annoyances I have with this car. rattles, reliability issues, comfort, etc.etc. that and my mpg isnt that great and is consistently dropping

Well all of my major plans kinda died off for this car either becauyse they were too expensive or complex or both. I just wana get a car to drive thats good and step away from this whole tuning game for a while.

Posted within the last 48 hours.
well this repair is input shaft bearing and a clutch kit which is 520 for the whole job

i already have a deposit down for the thing, so its all fine and dandy

mine was a special order that has a wait list.

You lying sack of shit. Less then two weeks ago you absolutely hated your car, bitched about the mileage, reliabilty, and having to replace the transmission. You went on further to say that all major plans died off because they were too expensive or to complex.

Yet in the last 48 hours, you not only de-bunked a transmission replacement, you also managed to say you were on a wait-list with a deposit on a engine to swap, which is a hellishly complex ordeal, not to mention expensive.

Get your ****ing stories straight kid.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #48
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Why not upload a receipt or some other proof of purchase just to shut everyone up?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #49
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
You lying sack of shit. Less then two weeks ago you absolutely hated your car, bitched about the mileage, reliabilty, and having to replace the transmission. You went on further to say that all major plans died off because they were too expensive or to complex.

Yet in the last 48 hours, you not only de-bunked a transmission replacement, you also managed to say you were on a wait-list with a deposit on a engine to swap, which is a hellishly complex ordeal, not to mention expensive.

thats because i only found k20a2 motors for at least 4000 dollars. have nothing to do? help me find the parts i need

Old 11-01-2007, 12:17 AM   #50
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Why not upload a receipt or some other proof of purchase just to shut everyone up?
why would i do that?? if I upload it with my name blurred people will talk shit still...and im not leaving my name and address on there, besides i dont owe anyone shit. besides they will all see it whenthe time comes

Old 11-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #51
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
why would i do that?? if I upload it with my name blurred people will talk shit still...and im not leaving my name and address on there, besides i dont owe anyone shit. besides they will all see it whenthe time comes
Cross all that out, leave your name, or just write "Suck it CF" or something.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #52
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Cross all that out, leave your name, or just write "Suck it CF" or something.
im not uploading reciepts, they are emailed to me for a reason, not posted for everyone to see. everyone will feel mighty retarded in due time

Old 11-01-2007, 01:05 AM   #53
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
im not uploading reciepts, they are emailed to me for a reason, not posted for everyone to see. everyone will feel mighty retarded in due time
yeah, i'm sure everyone will
go on... you'll show 'em all!!

and you've self appointed yourself most controversial member?
making stupid statements doesn't provide controversy, it provides idiocy.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:21 AM   #54
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

by the way i didnt replace the whole trans because the part that was broken (input shaft bearing) was cheaper to replace

Old 11-01-2007, 01:39 AM   #55
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
by the way i didnt replace the whole trans because the part that was broken (input shaft bearing) was cheaper to replace

But again, you passed off projects as being too expensive and complex, hence the reason for ditching the car. Now you're apparently doing an engine swap. Way to completely miss the whole point of that post.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 AM   #56
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
But again, you passed off projects as being too expensive and complex, hence the reason for ditching the car. Now you're apparently doing an engine swap. Way to completely miss the whole point of that post.
i have a very well paying job, so i have no reason not to...itl still be reliable unlike with a turbo/spray, and at the price im getting it its a great deal as well hell i could turn around and sell the motor for more than 4000 here probbably

Old 11-01-2007, 02:09 AM   #57
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
i have a very well paying job...
I thought you parked cars for a living.....?

Anyway, some interesting ponts have been made here. One thing I have picked up on in this thread and in past threads, is that for supposed friends, you and Nissan_Altima sure are like an old married couple!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #58
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I thought you parked cars for a living.....?

Anyway, some interesting ponts have been made here. One thing I have picked up on in this thread and in past threads, is that for supposed friends, you and Nissan_Altima sure are like an old married couple!
well i live at home..and i average about 13-15 an hour doin my job so im with that...and yes we bust each others balls but in person its different

Old 11-01-2007, 03:01 AM   #59
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
is that for supposed friends, you and Nissan_Altima sure are like an old married couple!

Jealous? No worries, I love you more, Cliffy.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry. I'm calling b/s on all fronts. However, I don't see the point in arguing. I'm just going to sit back and wait. Somehow I have a strong feeling that when the summer comes around, if anyone still remembers this, then we'll be informed that it was a "huge letdown" and the engine "somehow just did not get here."
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #60
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Jealous? No worries, I love you more, Cliffy.

On a more serious note, I'm sorry. I'm calling b/s on all fronts. However, I don't see the point in arguing. I'm just going to sit back and wait. Somehow I have a strong feeling that when the summer comes around, if anyone still remembers this, then we'll be informed that it was a "huge letdown" and the engine "somehow just did not get here."
Well if they dont come through for me, il just have to settle for a k20a2 engine locally..still can use the same hasport harness and mount adapters, and all is virtually the same except the 22 horsepower loss due to some internal and headwork, less RPM to play with, no red valve cover, and i think the gear ratios are a bit diff...still has an LSD so thats good...do you know what any of that means? lol trust me slio you will be one of the first to know once the stuff starts to arrive. call it what you want