Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 03:29 AM   #61
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
is it really?? my buddy has a 93 civic with a b18c motor from an ITR...maybe the 96spec and 98spec had a diff code??

Umm no.. if ur buddy actually had the b18c swap that would mean it came from a JDM GSR...
__________________
I always tell the truth,
even when i lie
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 AM   #62
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
Umm no.. if ur buddy actually had the b18c swap that would mean it came from a JDM GSR...
whoops..my bad

the car is actually for sale now

brand new itr(LSD) tranny with maybe 7000 miles on it along with new act extreme pressure plate with street disc and act streetlite flywheel and a genuine Itr shift linkage and shifter. Jdm B18c engine with Sk2 Intake manifold, Hi flow cat with 2.5 inch custom bend exhaust throughout entire car with an HKS-hi flow muffler. Brand new cheapo ebay intake, real Jdm Hvac ac controller, with entire interior lighting amber, redlines at 8,200 rpm, and has 164hp, and 124ft pounds of torque. NO POWER STEERING. I'm looking for $6,000.



wont post the link...dont wana "advertise"
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #63
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast
 
07exlv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ask ur mom
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Why not upload a receipt or some other proof of purchase just to shut everyone up?

he doesn't have to prove anything...because there is nothing to prove this is obviously a lotta bullshit, so much shit that i can smell it just by being on the thread.....
__________________
07exlv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:25 PM   #64
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
he doesn't have to prove anything...because there is nothing to prove this is obviously a lotta bullshit, so much shit that i can smell it just by being on the thread.....
It smells worse and worse as this thread gets bigger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Well if they dont come through for me, il just have to settle for a k20a2 engine locally..still can use the same hasport harness and mount adapters, and all is virtually the same except the 22 horsepower loss due to some internal and headwork, less RPM to play with, no red valve cover, and i think the gear ratios are a bit diff...still has an LSD so thats good...do you know what any of that means? lol trust me slio you will be one of the first to know once the stuff starts to arrive. call it what you want
Then why don't you just settle with that???? If you have such a good job you could do internals yourself. You could also paint the oh so infamous valve cover red yourself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.

Last edited by Spanky2324 : 11-01-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 AM   #65
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky2324
It smells worse and worse as this thread gets bigger.

Then why don't you just settle with that???? If you have such a good job you could do internals yourself. You could also paint the oh so infamous valve cover red yourself.
becase its gona cost me more
and not be an authentic k20a...you obviously wouldnt understand what i mean though
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #66
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
he doesn't have to prove anything...because there is nothing to prove this is obviously a lotta bullshit, so much shit that i can smell it just by being on the thread.....
Ive got a great idea then...do yourself and the thread and the world a favor..stop breathing...like completely. Thanks!
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:51 AM   #67
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast
 
07exlv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ask ur mom
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Ive got a great idea then...do yourself and the thread and the world a favor..stop breathing...like completely. Thanks!

ok..seriously...was that supposed to be threatening or make you sound bad ass cause that was the corniest shit i heard today, please don't start trash talkin to me before me and the rest of the forum demolish the idea of you and ur 120hp sedan rice burner (with a side exhaust...of course), i understand u feel gangsta behind a keyboard but cmon act ur ****in age and stop writing out your wish lists that nobody gives a **** about.
__________________
07exlv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:33 AM   #68
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07exlv6
ok..seriously...was that supposed to be threatening or make you sound bad ass cause that was the corniest shit i heard today, please don't start trash talkin to me before me and the rest of the forum demolish the idea of you and ur 120hp sedan rice burner (with a side exhaust...of course), i understand u feel gangsta behind a keyboard but cmon act ur ****in age and stop writing out your wish lists that nobody gives a **** about.
oh good comeback buddy...says the one with 2 accords...who the **** gets 2 accords?? is one too fast and furious for the winter so you got a beater?? there is no more side exhaust, and its in no way shape or form a rice burner. you are just jelous cause some people are doing things to their cars and you have 2 large family cars that dont do anything out of the ordinary...shit at least my car takes corners now after the swap its gona be in the mid 13s and il be road racing it as well. sucks that you are jelous but i understand.
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:42 AM   #69
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
becase its gona cost me more
and not be an authentic k20a...you obviously wouldnt understand what i mean though
Ummm yeah I do know know about authenticity. It has to be JDM right. Cause that 22 more hp is gonna help you way more in your car. Building a K20 here you can throw forged internals in and throw a turbo in and not worry about frying the pieces inside there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #70
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
oh good comeback buddy...says the one with 2 accords...who the **** gets 2 accords?? is one too fast and furious for the winter so you got a beater?? there is no more side exhaust, and its in no way shape or form a rice burner. you are just jelous cause some people are doing things to their cars and you have 2 large family cars that dont do anything out of the ordinary...shit at least my car takes corners now after the swap its gona be in the mid 13s and il be road racing it as well. sucks that you are jelous but i understand.
Not trying to be a dick here, but I don't see mid 13's happening with just the swap. You're light, but not light enough. Keep in mind the RWD and much lighter Lotus Elise runs about mid 13's.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:06 AM   #71
newyorker
MXman
 
newyorker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Not trying to be a dick here, but I don't see mid 13's happening with just the swap. You're light, but not light enough. Keep in mind the RWD and much lighter Lotus Elise runs about mid 13's.
these are numbers i got from the other 7th gen k20 swapped owners...maybe they have some supportin mods..its gona break 13s though i am sure
__________________
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:21 AM   #72
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast
 
07exlv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ask ur mom
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
oh good comeback buddy...says the one with 2 accords...who the **** gets 2 accords?? is one too fast and furious for the winter so you got a beater?? there is no more side exhaust, and its in no way shape or form a rice burner. you are just jelous cause some people are doing things to their cars and you have 2 large family cars that dont do anything out of the ordinary...shit at least my car takes corners now after the swap its gona be in the mid 13s and il be road racing it as well. sucks that you are jelous but i understand.

hahah omg dude ur freakin sad, u ripping on me for having 2 cars that are worth 4 of ur civics and can out run you in everyway??? (yes my 03 and 07 would catch up and kill u as soon as we get out of that corner, pathetic) u dont make any sense at all listen to ur self, 13's?????? now i know that ur hopeless lil kid trapped in a grown ass body.

in the post above u said that u do things to ur car that are out of ordinary and once u swap the engine u will "road race" ----------- ****IN PATHETIC RICER THAT WONT GET ANYWHERE WITH MONEY SPENT IN A CAR THAT WOULD GET BEAT "ON THE ROAD" BY STOCK FAMILY SEDANS thats what i think of you

P.S. u know what **** it if u talk more shit give me ur address since we both live in pa and ill come down with my v6 and we will settle this on any course any time

we have soooomany kids like u in our town and they are just a lughing stock of the community that sits near the lake on the main street of town with their underglow on and talk how they will make their cars fast as shit, and when they leave everyone turns around to look at the 4in coffee cans in the back
__________________
07exlv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #73
What
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Costa Nocha
Posts: 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
these are numbers i got from the other 7th gen k20 swapped owners...maybe they have some supportin mods..its gona break 13s though i am sure
If your car were to have the engine you're talking about, you ain't gettin' 13's. No. No. No.


SRT-4's struggle to get high 13's.

The new Caliber SRT-4 gets 14's.


But wait...the truth is you don't know any "7th gen k20 swap owners". Because really, who does that shit? What a waist of f*ckin' money. I'd rather buy a cheap Del-Sol and strip/turbo the bitch to 13's.



I do know this....I'm running low 12's...on street tires.

Bitches.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:22 AM   #74
V-Tec
CF's student post whore
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 797
ya expecting 13's is kinda optimistic. i took my wrx to the track a week ago and ran 14.24 @ 94 mph with a 2.0 60'. (1.8 possible) This was with an intake, and a turbo back exhaust, single cat. I mean i think i could of gotten 14 flat or high 13's but i dont know how to launch AWD yet. I just got the car so i am not too comfortable launching it either.

Anyways back on topic. Expecting a civic with a motor that makes less hp than my Wrx and having wheelspin to run 13's... not going to happen.
__________________
I always tell the truth,
even when i lie
V-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM   #75
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast
 
07exlv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ask ur mom
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Tec
ya expecting 13's is kinda optimistic. i took my wrx to the track a week ago and ran 14.24 @ 94 mph with a 2.0 60'. (1.8 possible) This was with an intake, and a turbo back exhaust, single cat. I mean i think i could of gotten 14 flat or high 13's but i dont know how to launch AWD yet. I just got the car so i am not too comfortable launching it either.

Anyways back on topic. Expecting a civic with a motor that makes less hp than my Wrx and having wheelspin to run 13's... not going to happen.

hey be careful with that wrx i have a buddy 06 wrx stage 3 everything keeps up with stock sti launched at 5,000rpm and tranny went, car just made a loud pop noise and just stood there lol thats their weak spot, dont go crazy with it of the line, transfer a good amount of power on ur clutch and let it slip out instead (need practice), cheaper to replace clutch then new tranny
__________________
07exlv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.