Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Think this will buff out?

Got rear-ended tonight on the way home from work. Shit. Ah well, guess I'm getting a new bumper...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dmg.jpg (82.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg dmg3.jpg (84.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg dmg2.jpg (91.2 KB, 26 views)
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:59 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Looks like mostly deep scratched than anything else....Sorry to hear about that though. Still, accidents happen I guess!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:03 AM   #3
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Looks like mostly deep scratched than anything else....Sorry to hear about that though. Still, accidents happen I guess!


lol...doesn't show the tail-light that needs to be replaced(just a corner of the lens is gone, that's why i didn't bother with a big pic of it on here), and the bottom of it is ripped a bit...plus the bumper springs were probably collapsed, so there's likely a lot of damage underneath...

His car was ****ed. 2005 Civic SI......bumper, done for. Hood, bent back. Drivers side fender, pushed back. Drivers side headlight, broken right off the brackets. Radiator and AC Condensor, pushed in.....who knows what else.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:28 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Did the car have a spike at the front? What's that hole from? lol

Does insurance cover that/are you involving it?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:37 AM   #5
97Talonchik
discombobulated
 
97Talonchik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,257
Nothing a little bondo and elbow grease couldn't fix...lol. Seriously though, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok and glad it wasn't an SUV!
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:04 AM   #6
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Did the car have a spike at the front? What's that hole from? lol

Does insurance cover that/are you involving it?


From his radiator support bracket most likely...he kinda got me at an angle, he switched lanes quickly before he hit me...



Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Talonchik
Nothing a little bondo and elbow grease couldn't fix...lol. Seriously though, sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you are ok and glad it wasn't an SUV!

Thanks Talon
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:01 AM   #7
Enthusiast
VTEC LOL
 
Enthusiast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,106
Go to an expensive shop and get a quote, get the money from his insurance and repaint it yourself, pretty easy if you have the equipment, or take it to a shop were friends work and get it done real cheap and pocket the rest for your trouble. haha

Thats how my buddy paided for his whole turbo setup. 5600 dollars.

Its good to have guys in the auto body bussiness
__________________
Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Go to an expensive shop and get a quote, get the money from his insurance and repaint it yourself, pretty easy if you have the equipment, or take it to a shop were friends work and get it done real cheap and pocket the rest for your trouble. haha

Thats how my buddy paided for his whole turbo setup. 5600 dollars.

Its good to have guys in the auto body bussiness
Won't the insurer paying for the work require paperwork proving it was carried out where the quote was from?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
Won't the insurer paying for the work require paperwork proving it was carried out where the quote was from?



Nah....we don't have private insurance here, it's government mandated insurance...so I have to go through the motions to get it covered by insurance, which means no private appraisals/collecting money...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:21 AM   #10
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Nah....we don't have private insurance here, it's government mandated insurance...so I have to go through the motions to get it covered by insurance, which means no private appraisals/collecting money...
Doesn't private insurance mean that we get to choose which company provides our insurance?
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:48 AM   #11
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Doesn't private insurance mean that we get to choose which company provides our insurance?

private insurance would mean that...but if you read my last post, i did say we have government mandated insurance...... http://www.sgi.sk.ca
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:02 AM   #12
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
private insurance would mean that...but if you read my last post, i did say we have government mandated insurance...... http://www.sgi.sk.ca
Ohh...I thought you guys were like us; our car insurance is privatized (but still compulsory).
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:02 AM   #13
Spanky2324
JDM LOL
 
Spanky2324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: El Sob, CA
Posts: 1,108
Haha I remember my friend and I were out and we were turning but this woman in a 98 civic ex hit us at the back by the bottom fender. I was able to buff out the minor scratches it had and touch up the paint in some areas as the lady needed way more bodywork. Somewhat to the extent you said dodger.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by What
Civic (Performance?) Numbers from the fastest of the slow...Si

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature

Owning a DSM is like having retarded kids. You get angered and frustrated by them yet you love them to death.
Spanky2324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:24 AM   #14
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Nah....we don't have private insurance here, it's government mandated insurance...so I have to go through the motions to get it covered by insurance, which means no private appraisals/collecting money...
So your insurance is not done through a private company that you choose?
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #15
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
So your insurance is not done through a private company that you choose?


Not in the least.....

SGI - Saskatchewan Government Insurance...
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.