Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2007, 07:25 PM   #1
yota
CF Newbie

4 door for about 15k for wife?

My wifes 91 camry I'm thinking is done.I'm looking for suggestion's on what to buy for around 15k.Most reliable 4cyl.Please give me your opinion.
yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
yota
CF Newbie

So I'm looking at 2004 civic 30.000km for 17th.Is that a good deal? I'm going to stay away from dodge and Subaru(lack of local service) I'm leaning toward yotas , Honda's , Chev's , Nissan. Anything I should stay away from?
yota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #3
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

I see that you are in Canada and I know cars are slightly more expensive in Canada. However, some cars I would suggest you consider, based on my little experience and what you said:

1) Nissan Altima-Reliable sedans that are fairly gas friendly. You can pick up a slightly used one ('05 or so with low mileage) for around $15K.

2) Nissan Sentra-Reliable sedan that is very gas friendly. You can pick up an almost new one ('07 with low mileage or a new '06)

3) Honda Accord-I was told by various local mechanics that the car is very reliable. You can probably pick up an '05-'06 one with low mileage for around 15K as well.
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
newyorker
MXman

Honda Civic new starting at 14k
Toyota Corolla new starting 14 or 15k
Honda Accord wont get a new one for your budget
Toyota Camry same story as accord
Honda Fit (or maybe its the Jazz in canada) starts at 13k
Toyota Yaris...this one starts at 11k i believe brand new

You get the idea...hope it helps...BTW all prices are US...go to a dealership, the honda fit is a very nice practical car and drives really well...well all of the cars on the list do, I just like the fit becuase its roomy and economical etc.etc. plus its cute as a button
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

Last edited by newyorker : 11-09-2007 at 04:14 AM.
newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:16 AM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker

You get the idea...hope it helps...BTW all prices are US...go to a dealership, the honda fit is a very nice practical car and drives really well...well all of the cars on the list do, I just like the fit becuase its roomy and economical etc.etc. plus its cute as a button
It's the Fit here too lol.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #6
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
It's the Fit here too lol.
I drove a fit at the dealership and it wasnt what i expected. I thought the ride would be rough, but it drives really really well

Old 11-09-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan_Altima
Honda Accord-I was told by various local mechanics that the car is very reliable. You can probably pick up an '05-'06 one with low mileage for around 15K as well.

i owned 7 vehicles before my accords all of them were domestic and when i switched to honda i decided that i would rather walk then ever switch back, all i did was change oil and put in gas in the damn thing before i replaced it with another one, i really liked it, unfortunately the only way you can get one for under 15k would be 50-60k 2003-04 model (my 07 was 29,876) look autotrader.com thats where i sold mine and you can get a pretty good deal on one.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #8
newyorker
MXman

The older 2.2 accords from like 89 that were still carbed have huge miles on them. A few people I know had them up to 400k with no problems at all, but I dont think an 89 accord is what you are looking for lol

Old 11-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #9
07exlv6
CF Enthusiast

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=28743
Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #10
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:

Civics start at 17, Fits at 15, Accords at 25....
Yaris starts at 15, Camry at 25, Corollas at 17....

That's before any taxes and fees are added on.

And you like the Fit because you take it up the shitter from your daddy. I mean honestly - "Cute as a button", and you have the audacity to call yourself a man. Hang your head in shame you little girl.

At least Altima was able to notice that Yota is in Canada, and gave some advice based on that.

As to you, Yota - You'll be able to swing about an 03-04 Accord, 03-05 Civic, or similar models for about that price. Without knowing if you live near Edmonton or Calgary, it makes it kind of hard to find reflective pricing, or how far you're willing to travel to get a car, because I know that here in Saskatchewan, you can often find lower-km vehicles then in Alberta for about the same price, and with a relatively new car, it should pass the OOP safety without a problem. Then again....PST has to be paid....hopefully not for much longer with the change in government!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
Civics start at 17, Fits at 15, Accords at 25....
Yaris starts at 15, Camry at 25, Corollas at 17....

That's before any taxes and fees are added on.

And you like the Fit because you take it up the shitter from your daddy. I mean honestly - "Cute as a button", and you have the audacity to call yourself a man. Hang your head in shame you little girl.

At least Altima was able to notice that Yota is in Canada, and gave some advice based on that.

As to you, Yota - You'll be able to swing about an 03-04 Accord, 03-05 Civic, or similar models for about that price. Without knowing if you live near Edmonton or Calgary, it makes it kind of hard to find reflective pricing, or how far you're willing to travel to get a car, because I know that here in Saskatchewan, you can often find lower-km vehicles then in Alberta for about the same price, and with a relatively new car, it should pass the OOP safety without a problem. Then again....PST has to be paid....hopefully not for much longer with the change in government!
i realized it too you were just too dumb to see it ****face. fit is a better car than your neon so shove it.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM   #12
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
i realized it too you were just too dumb to see it ****face. fit is a better car than your neon so shove it.

Wait a second, how was I too dumb? Are you talking about yourself? Why did you even bother posting those prices knowing that the original poster lives in Canada?

Should we go back into the records and see how many times you bragged about how damned awesome YOUR Neon was, versus how many times I've ever said mine was so great? Oh wait, that's right, I've never claimed my Neon was superior to anything. Grow up and pull your fat head out of your ass.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #13
Nissan_Altima
Biggest anti-post whore

Quote:
Wait a second, how was I too dumb? Are you talking about yourself? Why did you even bother posting those prices knowing that the original poster lives in Canada?

Should we go back into the records and see how many times you bragged about how damned awesome YOUR Neon was, versus how many times I've ever said mine was so great? Oh wait, that's right, I've never claimed my Neon was superior to anything. Grow up and pull your fat head out of your ass.

Awww, I think you hit his nerve with:

Quote:
Nissan_Altima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:12 PM   #14
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

I specifically said the prices in the US

I even put

Now why would I say that if I didnt know he was there...plus I posted US prices just so he could get an idea for what they cost there I didnt know if there was a fixed adjustment you had to do, or the prices there are totally diferent...

Old 11-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #15
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Now why would I say that if I didnt know he was there...plus I posted US prices just so he could get an idea for what they cost there I didnt know if there was a fixed adjustment you had to do, or the prices there are totally diferent...

I repeat.

Why.

Did.

You.

Bother?

If you have NO clue what Canadian car prices are, why did you bother posting AMERICAN car prices.