Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 AM   #31
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Everything newyorker said in his last 20 odd posts

Unbelievable. Even based on your entire history on this site, I didn't think you were that dumb.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM   #32
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Unbelievable. Even based on your entire history on this site, I didn't think you were that dumb.
so il keep making money, and you can keep figuring out how to cut the springs on your car...sound good??
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #33
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist
Freelance automotive work

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: serv-476880261@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-11-12, 6:13PM EST

Hi, I am a 19 year old college student in need of some money to pay for tuition and life, so I decided to make money doing what I do best. Dont let the age fool you, I have been fixing cars for family and friends even before I got my licence, without a single mistake ever made. Email me your problem, and I will give you a solution, even if I cannot repair it due to time constraints or equiptment. Fluids, brakes, alternators, starters, sensors, stereo, lighting, and much much more. I can do maintenance work, as well as aftermarket modifications. Once you have me work on your car, you will never want to go anywhere else again.

Alex

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 476880261

Someone, as always, has once again proven himself to be a liar. I remember a year or so ago that you didn't even know how to replace your own sparkplugs and plug wires... On a Neon, possibly the easiest car ever built to replace plugs and wires. So much for your self proclaimed experience, honesty and ethics.

Your name, the ad and this thread have been forwarded to appropriate agencies. Have a nice day.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/aos/476880261.html

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #34
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Someone, as always, has once again proven himself to be a liar. I remember a year or so ago that you didn't even know how to replace your own sparkplugs and plug wires... On a Neon, possibly the easiest car ever built to replace plugs and wires. So much for your self proclaimed experience, honesty and ethics.

Your name, the ad and this thread have been forwarded to appropriate agencies. Have a nice day.

And the circle of life continues.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #35
newyorker
MXman

Quote:

No, I specifically dont remember that. I may have asked for help when I wanted to see if there were torque specs for the valve cover, but nothing other than that. I havent done anything wrong honestly...in fact, I havent even operated on anyone's car at this point. All I did was put out an ad that I can repair/replace certain things, so technically I havent broken any rules. Let me get this straight. I am making money on the side by doing some small work, and you report me. Why dont you report the kids down the block that go door to door to shovel snow in the winter and make some money for toys too. Dumbass

edit: also, nowhere did i say I was a certified technician....nor did I say I was a professional. I specifically stated that im a 19 year old college student who needs money for school...if anyone is not comfortable with the idea of a teenager operating on their cars, by all means noone is forcing them to use my services, or even email me with a question. Also, as stated and shown before, I do not lie to people to make a quick buck and take on jobs that I am clueless about, or even not comfortable doing. So, where have I broken rules for the "proper authorities" to have to deal with me.

2nd edit: also, you sent me a PM with information to help me work on a car, and you knew I would make money from it, but now you are getting sore...here is that PM

Quote:

and here is a snap of the second PM

So, if I broke some sort of law (dont see how) you aided me in it, and you are guilty as well. Have a nice day, I have to help someone now.

Last edited by newyorker : 11-14-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #36
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
2nd edit: also, you sent me a PM with information to help me work on a car, and you knew I would make money from it, but now you are getting sore...here is that PM

Private PB, lol

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #37
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
No, I specifically dont remember that. I may have asked for help when I wanted to see if there were torque specs for the valve cover, but nothing other than that. I havent done anything wrong honestly...in fact, I havent even operated on anyone's car at this point. All I did was put out an ad that I can repair/replace certain things, so technically I havent broken any rules. Let me get this straight. I am making money on the side by doing some small work, and you report me. Why dont you report the kids down the block that go door to door to shovel snow in the winter and make some money for toys too. Dumbass
Liar. It's shocking to me and everyone else who have ever read your continual and ongoing bullsh*t that you don't remember saying something that would make you look stupid. On the other hand, you say so many things that make you look stupid, I can understand how one or two might slip your mind. You need a personal secretary to keep all your lies straight.

The second you begin to accept money for automotive repair, or any service for that matter, you enter the realm of professional. It doesn't matter how completely inept or totally incompetent you are, and you are both of those in spades. If you're taking money, you need to be insured, licensed and ideally certified. Otherwise you're just another shadetree crook, which is no surprise as you've shown over and over that you don't have an honest bone in your body.

Quote:
edit: also, nowhere did i say I was a certified technician....nor did I say I was a professional. I specifically stated that im a 19 year old college student who needs money for school...if anyone is not comfortable with the idea of a teenager operating on their cars, by all means noone is forcing them to use my services, or even email me with a question. Also, as stated and shown before, I do not lie to people to make a quick buck and take on jobs that I am clueless about, or even not comfortable doing. So, where have I broken rules for the "proper authorities" to have to deal with me.
Liar. Let's look at some quotes from your ad and then explore the experience, honesty and ethics contained therein. "...so I decided to make money doing what I do best." What's that, lie to people and pretend you know things that you don't? "...I have been fixing cars for family and friends even before I got my licence, without a single mistake ever made." Oh, really? You're history on this forum, in your own words, tells a completely different story. "Email me your problem, and I will give you a solution..." Can you gaurantee that, or is this just more BS? We know the solution is not to let a douche bag like you touch their car. "Once you have me work on your car, you will never want to go anywhere else again." You finally got something right. After having you "operate" on their car, they'll never trust anyone to touch anything they own again.

You are a scab on the ass of an entire industry. If you have nothing to hide and nothing to fear, then you'll be happy to speak to the state of PA regarding their legal requirements for businesses and payment of income and sales taxes along with OSHA and PDEP requirements, which of course as an honest and ethical person you're complying with to a T. Right? of course you are.

Quote:
Liar. I had no idea that you were doing this for money. Proof? let's look at your own words;
Quote:
OK so my friend has a 2002 Nissan Maxima GLE
66k miles
Im doing his brake pads and rotors all around, and he told me recently that one of his headlights (Xenon system stock on this car) went out. He took it to a shop where the incompetent idiots tried replacing the bulb and charged him 125 for a new one, but broke the old one and when they found out that it wasnt a bad bulb, they gave him the new bulb and his money back because they broke his old bulb which was still good. He said he did a voltage check before the wire harness enters the ballast, and said there is voltage in the wires. He thinks the ballast might be bad, so when I get the car, I told him I would take off the light and open the ballast to see if maybe something needs to be soldered or something got broken somehow. My question is

Are there any typical ballast issues that I should look for, or is it even possible to repair the piece?? If it cant be done I will just tell him to get a new one from Nissan and Il put it in along with the brakes, but I dont want him spending all the money if its not needed right now. Thanks
Liar. No matter how many times I read that post, I can't for the life of me find where you said you're getting paid for the job. Can you show it to me? Can anyone show it to me? Didn't think so. Did I mention that you're a liar?

Quote:
and here is a snap of the second PM

So, if I broke some sort of law (dont see how) you aided me in it, and you are guilty as well. Have a nice day, I have to help someone now.
Liar. That screen shot proves what, other than I made the mistake of trying to help a total piece of sh*t like you? The only law that I broke was the one of common sense. Note to self. Never EVER try to help a stupid motherf*cker like him again because no good deed goes unpunished.

P.S. The only reason you're the technical advisor or whatever on those other forums is the 1% rule. Youre 1% smarter on the subject than they are, or more likely, you're a 100% more likely to lie about your qualifications than they are.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-14-2007, 09:11 PM   #38
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Liar. It's shocking to me and everyone else who have ever read your continual and ongoing bullsh*t that you don't remember saying something that would make you look stupid. On the other hand, you say so many things that make you look stupid, I can understand how one or two might slip your mind. You need a personal secretary to keep all your lies straight.

The second you begin to accept money for automotive repair, or any service for that matter, you enter the realm of professional. It doesn't matter how completely inept or totally incompetent you are, and you are both of those in spades. If you're taking money, you need to be insured, licensed and ideally certified. Otherwise you're just another shadetree crook, which is no surprise as you've shown over and over that you don't have an honest bone in your body.

Liar. Let's look at some quotes from your ad and then explore the experience, honesty and ethics contained therein. "...so I decided to make money doing what I do best." What's that, lie to people and pretend you know things that you don't? "...I have been fixing cars for family and friends even before I got my licence, without a single mistake ever made." Oh, really? You're history on this forum, in your own words, tells a completely different story. "Email me your problem, and I will give you a solution..." Can you gaurantee that, or is this just more BS? We know the solution is not to let a douche bag like you touch their car. "Once you have me work on your car, you will never want to go anywhere else again." You finally got something right. After having you "operate" on their car, they'll never trust anyone to touch anything they own again.

You are a scab on the ass of an entire industry. If you have nothing to hide and nothing to fear, then you'll be happy to speak to the state of PA regarding their legal requirements for businesses and payment of income and sales taxes along with OSHA and PDEP requirements, which of course as an honest and ethical person you're complying with to a T. Right? of course you are.

Liar. I had no idea that you were doing this for money. Proof? let's look at your own words;

Liar. No matter how many times I read that post, I can't for the life of me find where you said you're getting paid for the job. Can you show it to me? Can anyone show it to me? Didn't think so. Did I mention that you're a liar?

Liar. That screen shot proves what, other than I made the mistake of trying to help a total piece of sh*t like you? The only law that I broke was the one of common sense. Note to self. Never EVER try to help a stupid motherf*cker like him again because no good deed goes unpunished.

P.S. The only reason you're the technical advisor or whatever on those other forums is the 1% rule. Youre 1% smarter on the subject than they are, or more likely, you're a 100% more likely to lie about your qualifications than they are.
1. where did i ask for spark plug help...go ahead dickweed show me
2. you never answered my question...the kids shoveling snow in the winter...are they professionals too??
3. you dont know what i know and dont know so dont nitpick my shit

by the way since you still have sand in your panties, why not report this as well

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/aos/477507963.html
19 years experience...doesnt make him a professional though..report him too

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/aos/477316016.html
or how about this moron...he doesnt say that he has a taxi or choufer licence...report him too

id get some more for ya but I have a life.

edit: and youre right, no good deed goes unpunished. Thats why when I told the woman that I looked at the changer and couldnt fix it, she threw a fit, saying "but you said you could fix it"....no maam I said I may be able to fix it, I am not charging you, and everything is the same way as it was when I came here. Goodbye

guess i wont be helping people anymore since noone apretiates shit

Last edited by newyorker : 11-14-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:35 PM   #39
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
1. where did i ask for spark plug help...go ahead dickweed show me
2. you never answered my question...the kids shoveling snow in the winter...are they professionals too??
3. you dont know what i know and dont know so dont nitpick my shit

by the way since you still have sand in your panties, why not report this as well

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/aos/477316016.html
or how about this moron...he doesnt say that he has a taxi or choufer licence...report him too

id get some more for ya but I have a life.

edit: and youre right, no good deed goes unpunished. Thats why when I told the woman that I looked at the changer and couldnt fix it, she threw a fit, saying "but you said you could fix it"....no maam I said I may be able to fix it, I am not charging you, and everything is the same way as it was when I came here. Goodbye

guess i wont be helping people anymore since noone apretiates shit
http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...ight=neon+plug

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...ight=neon+plug

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showt...ght=neon+wires

1. Do these ring any bells Twinkie? Documented proof that YOU DON'T KNOW SH*T! Now don't go away mad, just go away.

2. Yes I did. You're just not smart enough to figure it out. Additionally, there is essentially zero liability or technology involved in shoveling snow. You might even be intelligent enough to do it. You are comparing apples and oranges.

3. What I do know is that you don't know sh*t. See #1. You are a loser wannabe that will only make life harder for honest, educated and hardworking techs. You know nothing about cars, you only know how to pose. STFU.

On a side note, if your job as a car parking bitch is so wonderful, why do you need more money? And what happened to that $100k a year job of yours? Oh, that's right, more bullsh*t. Surprise!

P.P.S. When are you going to answer my questions, Twinkie. That's right, you did by completely ignoring them. Good on ya.

P.P.P.S. You haven't helped anyone yet, so how is this going to change anything?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:56 AM   #40
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:

"at my shop" kinda implies some things.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:03 AM   #41
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:

ps.. hahahahaha

got an answer for that one?
Old 11-15-2007, 01:38 AM   #42
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
"at my shop" kinda implies some things.
his "shop" could be in his garage.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:39 AM   #43
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian

ps.. hahahahaha

got an answer for that one?
I knew how to install plugs, just didnt know what the lubricant was for. Besides, that was 2 years ago

Old 11-15-2007, 02:10 AM   #44
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
I knew how to install plugs, just didnt know what the lubricant was for.
so you bought a product to do the job, which you didn't know how to use. I'd say you didnt' know how to do the job

Quote:
Besides, that was 2 years ago
Irrelevant. You said you never had to ask... You never mentioned that you might have had to ask 2 years ago.

Your ad says you've never made a mistake even since before you had your licence .... so you must have known your stuff for more than 2 years..... so saying "that was 2 years ago" means 3 tenths of f-ck all!!
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #45
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Quote:
I try to reduce risk as much as possible by not approaching jobs that I am not 100% sure on how to do.

Quote:
My question is

Are there any typical ballast issues that I should look for, or is it even possible to repair the piece??
Hrm...you don't sound 100% sure on what to do here.

If Hobo did actually report you to the authorities, yeah that sucks. On the other hand, you knew they laws, you broke them. This is different from kids shoveling snow not only because they are under age and don't pay income tax, but also because you are (legally) an adult and should begin acting like one.

On one hand you're clearly not qualified to be charging people for these services. On the other hand, if people are cheap enough to actually pay you, maybe they'll learn a lesson.

Last edited by giant016 : 11-15-2007 at 02:30 AM.
giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote