Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #46
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

cliffy, can we change the title of this thread to "newyorker gets pwned repeatedly and doesn't know when to shut up"?

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:38 AM   #47
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
cliffy, can we change the title of this thread to "newyorker gets pwned repeatedly and doesn't know when to shut up"?

If he renames this one this one, he'll have to do it to all of them .
Old 11-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #48
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
so you bought a product to do the job, which you didn't know how to use. I'd say you didnt' know how to do the job

Irrelevant. You said you never had to ask... You never mentioned that you might have had to ask 2 years ago.

Your ad says you've never made a mistake even since before you had your licence .... so you must have known your stuff for more than 2 years..... so saying "that was 2 years ago" means 3 tenths of f-ck all!!
while that may be true, i didnt make a mistake. instead i took my time to find it all out and did it right. im done here, you people are really annoying now
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:08 AM   #49
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Today was one of the first times in a while that I looked forward to coming home from work so I could go to CF and read this thread.

I want to contribute but its mostly all been said.

Last edited by Mathew : 11-15-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Mathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:34 AM   #50
67Coronet383
CF Riff Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
im done here, you people are really annoying now
Then f*ck off you ignorant, lying, waste of air.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #51
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
while that may be true,
there.... that wasn't so hard, was it?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:57 AM   #52
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsonian
there.... that wasn't so hard, was it?
no...not really

Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 AM   #53
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
his "shop" could be in his garage.

His "shop" could be at the local Ferrari dealer.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:59 PM   #54
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
His "shop" could be at the local Ferrari dealer.
do you always have to argue and say the opposite thing that i say? youre like a 2 year old...no sorry, even they are more mature. BTW tere is no ferrari dealer in the area he mentioned

Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #55
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
do you always have to argue and say the opposite thing that i say? youre like a 2 year old...no sorry, even they are more mature. BTW tere is no ferrari dealer in the area he mentioned

****, do you EVER give up? How many more ****ing times do you need to say that you're done?!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 PM   #56
kinyo
CF Newbie

from the first page of this post - thought it needed to be brought back

SOOO @ newyorker - lol you're remedial (look it up - it means "IN NEED OF IMPROVEMENT" - in your case - IN MAJOR NEED FOR IMPROVEMNT)

you dont go and bondo a big ****ing dent you moron - you buy a welder and sheet metal - cut the dent out - roll and get a basic body line and pinch form the damn sheet metal to match the vehicle - this leaves little spots here and there from the weld pinching (method to tighten the metal so its not floppy like your thought process) after set grooves from spot welding everything is finished a small dab here and there for any imperfections can be done with a body filler - suggestively one with cat hair (fiberglass strands) for a little flexibility because doors do flex when you accidently open it and it bumps another car or something of that sort.

As for any frame of the door - you cut it out and replace it - it's not that hard, use your head. - The door skin and the door frame are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS..

I hope someone isn't stupid enough to go to you for bodywork LET ALONE engine work!

Quote:
and the point of this is....if i dont know how to do something, I wont tackle it. Ive already rejected one person that had a dent in their door that I didnt have the tools to fix...sure I could have slapped bondo over and it rattlecan the frame, but thats not my way.

Just wanted to send a follow-up email about this. Unfortunately, from your description, there is nothing that I can do to fix this. The dent is in a place where the metal is thicker to help rigidity of the door frame, therefore, a dent puller will do nothing against it. That kind of damage would require a bondo (body filler) job to get the shape of the door frame back, and then would need to be painted. Unfortunately, due to my low volume and general inquiries, I do not have an air compressor, or access to color-coded paint at a good price. I do not have a spray booth to ensure a factory quality finish. I also do not have enough experience with this level of repair and paint to do it for customers, because I want my work to be as perfect as possible, and this isnt the kind of job I can say that about. If you would like, I can send you a list of several good body shops around the area that will be able to help you quickly and for a fair price. Thanks for your inquiry, good luck, and Happy Holidays. If you ever need anything else done, specifically mechanical work, do not hesitate to email.

--
Alex

yea...like I said, im not one to tackle doing things I have no clue about...or things that I just dont have the tools for. the HID on the maxima was a hit/miss type deal because if I could have fixed it, good, if not, he would have taken it somewhere else...its not like im charging him to try, especially if I dont fix the problem

Last edited by kinyo : 11-15-2007 at 07:27 PM.
kinyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #57
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyo
from the first page of this post - thought it needed to be brought back

SOOO @ newyorker - lol you're remedial (look it up - it means "IN NEED OF IMPROVEMENT" - in your case - IN MAJOR NEED FOR IMPROVEMNT)

you dont go and bondo a big ****ing dent you moron - you buy a welder and sheet metal - cut the dent out - roll and get a basic body line and pinch form the damn sheet metal to match the vehicle - this leaves little spots here and there from the weld pinching (method to tighten the metal so its not floppy like your thought process) after set grooves from spot welding everything is finished a small dab here and there for any imperfections can be done with a body filler - suggestively one with cat hair (fiberglass strands) for a little flexibility because doors do flex when you accidently open it and it bumps another car or something of that sort.

As for any frame of the door - you cut it out and replace it - it's not that hard, use your head. - The door skin and the door frame are TWO ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THINGS..

I hope someone isn't stupid enough to go to you for bodywork LET ALONE engine work!
Yea except he told me the dent was only the size of "maybe a mini cd"...i dont call that a big ****ing dent. And once again, I didnt do the job, and told him I wouldnt do it...goodbye dipshit

Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 PM   #58
kinyo
CF Newbie

You lie - i bet you kept nagging untill he let you - you ****ing moron

Quote:
Yea except he told me the dent was only the size of "maybe a mini cd"...i dont call that a big ****ing dent. And once again, I didnt do the job, and told him I wouldnt do it...goodbye dipshit
kinyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #59
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Hrm...you don't sound 100% sure on what to do here.

If Hobo did actually report you to the authorities, yeah that sucks. On the other hand, you knew they laws, you broke them. This is different from kids shoveling snow not only because they are under age and don't pay income tax, but also because you are (legally) an adult and should begin acting like one.

On one hand you're clearly not qualified to be charging people for these services. On the other hand, if people are cheap enough to actually pay you, maybe they'll learn a lesson.
and on that note, i wasnt aware of these laws. I know plenty of people who do the same thing...matter of fact the guy who detailed my car did a great job, and hes not licenced. i think its cause he was able to tkae his time on it, not have to rush through cause he knew there was more work to be done somewhere else. regardless, in that scenario, hes a friend of mine anyway. he told me to try to fix it, and if anytihng hed just get a new part, its an exception to the rule. plus, he said it was the ballast, it turned out to be a bad wire (he took it back to where he got the car and they fixed it for free cause i told him to try that first). its not like i was gona start hacking away at the ballast as my first step of the repair.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #60
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinyo
You lie - i bet you kept nagging untill he let you - you ****ing moron
you obviously didnt see my emails on the previous pages. go back and read, ****ing moron

no as a matter of fact, you probbably did se them, just chose to be an idiot.